Old Dec 31, 2020, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition, 2019 edition, and 2020 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Adam Smith & tcook052
AC Forum Co-Moderators
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2021)

Old Apr 17, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Great! I'll book myself, the calf, and the bull.
I'll add you to the list, warn the staff at the resort, and pre-order the Coke Zero!

I guess that it also means that we will also have to schedule the pre-Do on the YYZ-MBJ flight down!!

The herd would likely lean toward the clothing-optional destination.
Given that, I will lean very heavily to the non-clothing option beach!!!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:14 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by expert7700
Will Michael & Jan be there too?
If they are, someone should take a picture and send it to everyone at Dunder Mifflin.

The bull? What? We all know the cow, the calf, and the bovine, but now there's a bull?

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
I'll add you to the list, warn the staff at the resort, and pre-order the Coke Zero!
Old Apr 17, 2021, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The bull? What? We all know the cow, the calf, and the bovine, but now there's a bull?
Possibly. You can't join the herd without taking a trip, and ours is not scheduled until October. But we already have a name picked out.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:04 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Have you tried Two Brewers (a Yukon single malt)? I've heard good things, but I have no way of getting it here on the Sunshine Coast. It's in stock at the 39th & Cambie BCL though if you want to give it a try.
Sounds interesting. I may have to check that out. I never walk out of that store (or Legacy) without a considerably lighter wallet. Good thing it's a 30 minute drive for me!
Old Apr 18, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan

I guess that it also means that we will also have to schedule the pre-Do on the YYZ-MBJ flight down!!

Given that, I will lean very heavily to the non-clothing option beach!!!

The herd would likely lean toward the clothing-optional destination.
Unfortunate, I have a build that begs to be covered. Maybe I'll have time to lose 60 or 80 pounds before the YHZ do occurs --- in whatever location.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 5:44 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by smallmj
Unfortunate, I have a build that begs to be covered. Maybe I'll have time to lose 60 or 80 pounds before the YHZ do occurs --- in whatever location.
Trust me, from what I witnessed in Jamaica you won't need to lose any weight! It seems the larger body types are well-represented at the clothing-optional beach!

Sorry @yyznomad no muffintops allowed though!
Old Apr 18, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Trust me, from what I witnessed in Jamaica you won't need to lose any weight! It seems the larger body types are well-represented at the clothing-optional beach!

Sorry @yyznomad no muffintops allowed though!
But what about 2MMuffintops?
Old Apr 18, 2021, 3:13 pm

A very nice day here for the Vancouver Sun Run. You could pick your own 10 km course this year, so we chose the countryside:

A pleasant way to spend the morning.

Now to make some celebratory Rum Punch!
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
A very nice day here for the Vancouver Sun Run. You could pick your own 10 km course this year, so we chose the countryside:

A pleasant way to spend the morning.

Now to make some celebratory Rum Punch!
Nice! Looks to be out Pitt Meadows way? At least we'll still be able to enjoy that, but better stock up at Legacy and elsewhere Vancouver-side - come Friday we'll no longer be able to leave our western municipal border.

Or is liqour still considered "essential travel"?
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:18 pm

Yup - near Minnekhada.

And liquor is always essential. But even the Premier admitted most people don't know where health region boundaries are. Except the professionals of course.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 3:20 pm

So my condo came with a parking spot, but it has to be rented from the management company for $200/month (market rates here are $350-$400). I do not have a vehicle.

The seller's agent said I could rent it out.

The seller's agent neglected to include the transfer paperwork, so I finally got that done and went to the parking office today to transfer it. I'm apparently still missing a signature, but I was also told I cannot sublease the spot. I can, however, forfeit it. Then if I ever want it again, I'd have to pay current market rates, minus the resident discount.

Well that sounds great. Except the parking manager is still out, so no one in the office knows the process. And I still don't technically "own" the spot, due to the lack of paperwork.

So it seems like the best course of action is to just do nothing, and let the previous owner continue to be invoiced.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 3:26 pm

So my condo came with a parking spot, but it has to be rented from the management company for $200/month (market rates here are $350-$400). I do not have a vehicle.

The seller's agent said I could rent it out.

The seller's agent neglected to include the transfer paperwork, so I finally got that done and went to the parking office today to transfer it. I'm apparently still missing a signature, but I was also told I cannot sublease the spot. I can, however, forfeit it. Then if I ever want it again, I'd have to pay current market rates, minus the resident discount.

Well that sounds great. Except the parking manager is still out, so no one in the office knows the process. And I still don't technically "own" the spot, due to the lack of paperwork.

So it seems like the best course of action is to just do nothing, and let the previous owner continue to be invoiced.
What a nightmare.

Once the paperwork is sorted, will you actually own the space, or will you simply have a lease on it?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 3:37 pm

What a nightmare.

Once the paperwork is sorted, will you actually own the space, or will you simply have a lease on it?
Lease.

But I think I'm going to rip up the paperwork and forfeit the spot. The overhead of subleasing it would be worth it to make $100/month and have a spot for the future, but I don't have a car. Keeping a "cheap" spot is not worth 200/month to me.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 3:39 pm

Lease.

But I think I'm going to rip up the paperwork and forfeit the spot. The overhead of subleasing it would be worth it to make $100/month and have a spot for the future, but I don't have a car. Keeping a "cheap" spot is not worth 200/month to me.
Yeah, if you can't sublease it, it's not particularly attractive.

Could you just rent it to someone for cash and tell the parking people it's your car?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 3:51 pm

Yeah, if you can't sublease it, it's not particularly attractive.

Could you just rent it to someone for cash and tell the parking people it's your car?
Seems like a lot of work and risk for very little payoff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.