Search

AC Boxing Day Sale 2020 - 25% off

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2020, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
AC Boxing Day Sale 2020 - 25% off

AC's Boxing Day sale is now up - good until Dec 28 with 25% off base fares through June 30th.

More generous than in prior years.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by The Lev
AC's Boxing Day sale is now up - good until Dec 28 with 25% off base fares through June 30th.

I wish I trusted Air Canada enough to give them my money right now, but that's not what they've earned this year.

I'm not willing to book now for a flight in May, when there's a decent chance they'll cancel it, claim "government regulations" that don't exist, and force me into giving them an interest-free loan until COVID's over.
​​​
Old Dec 25, 2020, 10:16 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by The Lev

J fares are included?
Old Dec 25, 2020, 10:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
J fares are included?
All fares.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 11:14 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
All fares.
Provided they're eligible for discount codes. Not sure whether there any good K or P or other cheap fares these days that will disappear when the promo code is applied.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 11:34 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Provided they're eligible for discount codes. Not sure whether there any good K or P or other cheap fares these days that will disappear when the promo code is applied.
I've been scouring trying to find some decent P fares to see if there's anything I can book.

I found some, but when the base fare is $500 USD and the YQ is $1500 USD, the code isn't worth much
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: AC MM
Have been looking at fares from YVR to BOG in March in Business which are now just over $ 1,700 (with the 25% code) via YYZ all lie flat seats on 4 segments. Not bad value if I just had a crystal ball and would know how things will look in March.
Adam Smith and unclepants like this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 11:52 pm

Programs: HH Silver
The promo code yields a difference of about $60 between Flex and Comfort on a OW YEG-LGA next June and for all the perks, mileage accrual, and refundability that's a no-brainer to me.

Last edited by tcook052; Dec 26, 2020 at 12:09 am
Old Dec 26, 2020, 12:05 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Have been looking at fares from YVR to BOG in March in Business which are now just over $ 1,700 (with the 25% code) via YYZ all lie flat seats on 4 segments. Not bad value if I just had a crystal ball and would know how things will look in March.
Historically, I think United has been fairly frequently available for less than that, although it would only have a lie-flat on 1/4 legs most of the time (or 2/4 if you were willing to take the IAH-BOG redeye). For AC, that's a steal of a deal.

But with AC's (no-)refund policies, is it worth taking the gamble when you could book UA and be assured of a refund if they cancelled your flight?
yvrcnx likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 5:36 am

Wish they included 25% off on redemption bookings.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary
I wish I trusted Air Canada enough to give them my money right now, but that's not what they've earned this year.

I'm not willing to book now for a flight in May, when there's a decent chance they'll cancel it, claim "government regulations" that don't exist, and force me into giving them an interest-free loan until COVID's over.
​​​

The last 25% sale I used to buy fully refundable seats for hubby and I. He has had to cancel, the refund hit my CC the next day. So it can be a useful discount for that situation.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Historically, I think United has been fairly frequently available for less than that, although it would only have a lie-flat on 1/4 legs most of the time (or 2/4 if you were willing to take the IAH-BOG redeye). For AC, that's a steal of a deal.

But with AC's (no-)refund policies, is it worth taking the gamble when you could book UA and be assured of a refund if they cancelled your flight?
Heck, book the AC flights through United.

You'll still get status credit, and if AC decides a week out that the government has somehow forbidden your 7pm flight from ABC to XYZ, but the 7am, 11am and 3pm flights on the same route are still safe, you'll get your money back.
SparseFlyer, yvrcnx and WannabeSE like this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by mileageking
Wish they included 25% off on redemption bookings.
50% off was offered earlier this year.
Auto Enthusiast and YOWgary like this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
50% off was offered earlier this year.
Agree, 50% off repeat would have been awesome. I think 25% off would have still been acceptable and would have kept marketing simple and consistent between revenue and redemption - consumer gets to pick either at 25% off.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Well, one quarter off base fare discount is still pretty good, on its own. But yeah, given ongoing uncertainty, still a tough one to bite on.
DNAwizard and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.