Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
***yyznomad will be making this into a full wiki during the first full week of January 2021, so for any suggestions, please write a post in this thread instead of touching the wiki

Example SE benefit selection wizard

Status Passes available for use starting March 2021

Print Wikipost

2021 AC Status Privileges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm sure AC found it here first on FT and fixed.
I'd be happy to announce all AC mea culpas here on FT so that they can be fixed immediately, to the detriment of all of you.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
2021 Select Benefits now available to choose

I read the posts from the last few days and did not see this - apologies if I scrolled too quickly. Just happened to be in my account and noticed the ability to select 2021 benefits
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
2019 AC Totals: 32 KitKats, 12 Biskoff, 12 bags of pretzels
This sounds like a good idea for future benefits. Maybe guaranteed KitKats and Biskoff instead of (as yet to appear) Bistro codes? Then they would be good for people in J or PY too!
Old Jan 5, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
How is Air Canada / Aeroplan communicating these days

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
They also never sent out an e-mail as far as I can remember, which would be a first in the decade I've had status
I noticed in a number of forum posts that people received Enroute magazines with mask; received 2021 card and luggage tags etc.. I am currently SEMM but receive no communications from Air Canada or Aeroplan (I think the last one was the 2020 card and luggage tags in the postal mail early in 2020). I contacted Aeroplan last week but they were not able to help - basically told me that no one had received 2021 cards / luggage tags yet. Does anyone know who to contact to find out how to get on their mailing list for SE or SEMM? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jethro288
I noticed in a number of forum posts that people received Enroute magazines with mask; received 2021 card and luggage tags etc.. I am currently SEMM but receive no communications from Air Canada or Aeroplan (I think the last one was the 2020 card and luggage tags in the postal mail early in 2020). I contacted Aeroplan last week but they were not able to help - basically told me that no one had received 2021 cards / luggage tags yet. Does anyone know who to contact to find out how to get on their mailing list for SE or SEMM? Thanks in advance.

@jethro288
Your subject line asked How is Air Canada / Aeroplan communicating these days

You should check to see what you have selected as your preferences for communications. You can access it by logging into Aeroplan and going to your Profile page.

At the bottom there are links for Aeroplan and Air Canada

I clicked Aeroplan and this is most of what you will see on the page. Select those you are interested in.

Oddly, I then clicked the Air Canada link and got this page. I have no idea what this means, lol.

I assume I'm an existing subscriber so I'm not sure why I need another link to update my preferences etc. Maybe someone else here knows the answer.

I noticed in a number of forum posts that people received Enroute magazines with mask; received 2021 card and luggage tags etc.. .....
....I contacted Aeroplan last week but they were not able to help - basically told me that no one had received 2021 cards / luggage tags yet. ....
And your comment plus the posts in another thread, clearly indicate whoever you spoke to at Aeroplan is wrong as some/many did receive their 2021 packages.

And as a data point, as SEMM in YYZ, I've received the magazines but never received my 2021 package.

EDIT TO ADD:

I think I figured it out. And I scrolled through some of the emails I've received from AC and Aeroplan.

AC and Aeroplan (Aimia) were, of course, separate companies prior to Aeroplan being brought back in-house. As such, they would have separate mail subscriptions. It may be that this is still the case based on the 2 separate links showing in the Communication preferences on our profile pages.

Maybe they will merge them one day. Maybe not. In the meantime, I guess we have to make sure our preferences are set in both.

Last edited by 24left; Jan 5, 2021 at 5:10 pm Reason: add info
Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:14 am

Many thanks for this information - it was very useful - looks like I was not subscribed to some emails. I have now subscribed to everything - will see what that brings and then cut back.For the Air Canada piece, I gave my email address as existing subscriber and received link to update email preferences - I selected all - not sure if these are the same as the aeroplan email preferences - looked similar but different! Time will tell. I have not flown since February 2020 and given current situation, unlikely to fly in 2021 so just trying to collect information to best manage points and status going forward.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by run&fly
Do you see this in your benefits? I don't... or maybe I am not looking at the right place...
Looks like there has been an update... Now have 2 Status Passes clearly posted...
Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Many thanks for this information - it was very useful - looks like I was not subscribed to some emails. I have now subscribed to everything - will see what that brings and then cut back.For the Air Canada piece, I gave my email address as existing subscriber and received link to update email preferences - I selected all - not sure if these are the same as the aeroplan email preferences - looked similar but different! Time will tell. I have not flown since February 2020 and given current situation, unlikely to fly in 2021 so just trying to collect information to best manage points and status going forward.
AFAIK, subscribing to emails has nothing to do with receiving your luggage tags and the such.

In order to you receive your physical status package (e.g. cards, tags, etc.), your mailing address needs to be in your account ("Aeroplan"). That's where they send it to irrespective of being an email subscriber.

Added: And in case you weren't aware, some of us have received our status packages already... some even mailed and received before the new year.
2021 Package has Arrived

Last edited by yyznomad; Jan 6, 2021 at 10:23 am Reason: added package receive link
Old Jan 6, 2021, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
AFAIK, subscribing to emails has nothing to do with receiving your luggage tags and the such.

In order to you receive your physical status package (e.g. cards, tags, etc.), your mailing address needs to be in your account ("Aeroplan"). That's where they send it to irrespective of being an email subscriber.

Added: And in case you weren't aware, some of us have received our status packages already... some even mailed and received before the new year.
2021 Package has Arrived
Thanks for the update. My physical address is part of the 'Aeroplan" profile. The last piece of postal mail that I received was the 2020 status package in January 2020? No postal or email since then. Will wait for another week or so and then contact Air Canada again.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the update. My physical address is part of the 'Aeroplan" profile. The last piece of postal mail that I received was the 2020 status package in January 2020? No postal or email since then. Will wait for another week or so and then contact Air Canada again.
Not that it's any consolation, but there have been past reports here of FTers (even one who is/was SE) who have not or even never received their packages for a particular year (or even years).
IIRC, there is also an MM FTer who reported never having received their MM package.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 7:00 pm

I am also an SE 1MM - therefore surprised at the lack of communication from Air Canada.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am also an SE 1MM - therefore surprised at the lack of communication from Air Canada.
Right. I had to reread upthread to see you that you had noted that. Forgot whether I pinged you from the MM roll call thread.

Well, in that case, I'm sure you are aware of other avenues of recourse available to you as SM to assist with pushing things along... I often loathe dealing with AE/AP (can never remember which is the proper abbreviation) even as SM.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 10:52 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
New program, same old AC. I just got an e-mail telling me I could now select my privileges, which I selected days ago

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 17, 2021 at 3:02 pm Reason: Corrected typo
Old Jan 7, 2021, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
New program, same old AC. I just got an e-mail telling me I could not select my privileges, which I selected days ago
Got my email this morning as well. That deserves a

But I am thankful that the sunshine is out here today. How dare I!
Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: AC E75K
Got the same e-mail inviting me to select benefits, but can't log in anymore. :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.