Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
***yyznomad will be making this into a full wiki during the first full week of January 2021, so for any suggestions, please write a post in this thread instead of touching the wiki

Example SE benefit selection wizard

Status Passes available for use starting March 2021

Print Wikipost

2021 AC Status Privileges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2020, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Hate to tell you folks but that is the case. The table cell for the core 20 eUpgrade benefit has the same disclaimer.
Thanks. There goes my strategy out the window on using e-credits from 2021 benefit year in Jan & Feb 2022 towards 2023 benefit year.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Hate to tell you folks but that is the case. The table cell for the core 20 eUpgrade benefit has the same disclaimer.
Those are the core eUps. Not all the eUps. You can't earn core eUps after October 31.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Those are the core eUps. Not all the eUps. You can't earn core eUps after October 31.
Original question was about select benefits. That cell is the one for the eUp select benefits.

I agree that AC is not going to give you eUps that expire in three weeks when you buy a flight pass in December.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Original question was about select benefits. That cell is the one for the eUp select benefits.

I agree that AC is not going to give you eUps that expire in three weeks when you buy a flight pass in December.
Oh, I was referring to eUps earned late in the calendar year... not the select benefits.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 6:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I am the nth person on his thead asking when we can choose our select benefits - esp with the new benefit year starting a week from today (and not on March 1, 2021?)
Old Dec 25, 2020, 6:48 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I am the nth person on his thead asking when we can choose our select benefits - esp with the new benefit year starting a week from today (and not on March 1, 2021?)
Are you asking (we don't know when), or just voicing your displeasure (since it seems like you already know)?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Are you asking (we don't know when), or just voicing your displeasure (since it seems like you already know)?
Both.

But I want to choose the select benefits- so I am asking can i do so and if so, how can I do so. I see nothing on my dashboard that allows me to do so.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They have publicly said you'll be able to choose your select benefits in January 2021.
painintheuk and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: AC SE
If I buy a flight pass and use it in Early January, as in next week, before selecting my FP benefits, How will this work? Will the benefit of the SQM or Eups be issued once I choose this benefit?
Old Dec 27, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by caziz
If I buy a flight pass and use it in Early January, as in next week, before selecting my FP benefits, How will this work? Will the benefit of the SQM or Eups be issued once I choose this benefit?
Yes.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 1:14 am

Programs: AC*Gold50K; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; StarLux Explorer
The only benefit I want this year is an extension into 2022!
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by YEG USER
Received a reply from Air Canada on a separate matter, and the email included the following...
was just on AC app and can select benefits now for 2021.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 6:41 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
I just selected mine this morning. The e-ups chosen however did not automatically post yet. Have some flights in the Fall that I am waiting to apply these against...

CC
Old Jan 1, 2021, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
I just selected mine this morning. The e-ups chosen however did not automatically post yet. Have some flights in the Fall that I am waiting to apply these against...

CC
+1 selected benefits even though package hasn't arrived yet.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Chose my benefits but new eUps haven't posted yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.