Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
***yyznomad will be making this into a full wiki during the first full week of January 2021, so for any suggestions, please write a post in this thread instead of touching the wiki

Example SE benefit selection wizard

Status Passes available for use starting March 2021

Print Wikipost

2021 AC Status Privileges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2020, 10:33 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
No, I know nothing. But the fact that they don't even discuss what it means gave me some doubt.
I guess we're just drawing different conclusions from the same (lack of) information then
Old Dec 23, 2020, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I guess we're just drawing different conclusions from the same (lack of) information then
Don't get me wrong, I don't think the bonus will be 0. I think 4 and 7 are more likely. But I think 0 is a possibility.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
When does the earning change on ticket cost begin? Start of 2021?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
When does the earning change on ticket cost begin? Start of 2021?
We don't really know. They've said "later in 2021". Does that mean really late? Does it mean later than the beginning of 2021? Who knows.

AC probably isn't sure when they'll have all the IT ready to implement it.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
We don't really know. They've said "later in 2021". Does that mean really late? Does it mean later than the beginning of 2021? Who knows.

Can they really implement it in the middle of an accumulation period?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 11:10 am

Yeah. Another shame is that they haven't announced accumulation on non-SQD-eligible flights (i.e. a UA flight on 016). Will it match the current earnings? Will they try something fancier like what UA does?

The tech to actually credit you X points per dollar on anything SQD-eligible should be fairly easy, given that they can (mostly) credit SQD properly.

Can they really implement it in the middle of an accumulation period?
Yes, because it's just for Aeroplan points. SQM earnings do not change.
unclepants and Adam Smith like this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Yeah. Another shame is that they haven't announced accumulation on non-SQD-eligible flights (i.e. a UA flight on 016). Will it match the current earnings? Will they try something fancier like what UA does?
Eh? For RDM earning on non-016 tickets, doesn't UA still base partner earnings on distance flown?

The tech to actually credit you X points per dollar on anything SQD-eligible should be fairly easy, given that they can (mostly) credit SQD properly.
I feel like there must be something more complicated that they need to do, otherwise they would have given a more definitive timeline or, better, had it ready to go when the rest of the program switched over - or for the new status year, at least.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyztozag
I think 25K is way underrated. Just compare it to LH FT (which is harder to get). I do wish we got tags, cards, and maybe a more substantial discount on redemptions, but it's pretty good for the amount that I fly.

Yeah I have 25K friends who are content with the 2021 program... but they don't know what FT is... maybe ignorance is bliss?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:07 pm

Eh? For RDM earning on non-016 tickets, doesn't UA still base partner earnings on distance flown?
Oh, maybe I'm thinking of PQP.

But either way, AC has not announced how it will work.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Oh, maybe I'm thinking of PQP.
I think so

But either way, AC has not announced how it will work.
Right. So, full circle, I wish they had done so when they announced the privileges. I suspect they've already made the decision.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 6:11 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yeah I have 25K friends who are content with the 2021 program... but they don't know what FT is... maybe ignorance is bliss?
As a leech who bought my 25K from Travel at Home promo, I am more than happy with the 2021 program's iteration of 25K. I only fly J so honestly most status benefits on airlines haven't meant much to me, and with the US programs you'll never get complementary upgrades if you're not high level status, but the 25 eUps + latitude Aeroplan fares or flight pass is terrific. 25 is actually a usable number too, 13 toward a YYZ-TYO Aeroplan latitude award, and the other 12 can do well on YYZ-SFO upgrading flexible economy/premium economy Aeroplan tickets on days with no saver space for 2-4 credits each.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
As a leech who bought my 25K from Travel at Home promo, I am more than happy with the 2021 program's iteration of 25K. I only fly J so honestly most status benefits on airlines haven't meant much to me, and with the US programs you'll never get complementary upgrades if you're not high level status, but the 25 eUps + latitude Aeroplan fares or flight pass is terrific. 25 is actually a usable number too, 13 toward a YYZ-TYO Aeroplan latitude award, and the other 12 can do well on YYZ-SFO upgrading flexible economy/premium economy Aeroplan tickets on days with no saver space for 2-4 credits each.
Right. I guess I was thinking more of my FOTSG 25K friends who think that MLL access is like winning the lottery!
Old Dec 23, 2020, 6:18 pm

Yes, because it's just for Aeroplan points. SQM earnings do not change.
Can they make this anymore complicated? Members have to track SQM/SQS and SQD AND then make sure one is credited the correct number of points based on dollars spent plus ensuring the correct bonus is credited (if it applies) AND track the bonus SQM one gets being a black CC holder (again if it applies). My spreadsheet gets more and more elaborate every year.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can they make this anymore complicated? Members have to track SQM/SQS and SQD AND then make sure one is credited the correct number of points based on dollars spent plus ensuring the correct bonus is credited (if it applies) AND track the bonus SQM one gets being a black CC holder (again if it applies). My spreadsheet gets more and more elaborate every year.
What do you propose to make this less complicated?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

The only difference this year is the CC spend one though, which shouldn't be all that hard to keep track of.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.