Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
***yyznomad will be making this into a full wiki during the first full week of January 2021, so for any suggestions, please write a post in this thread instead of touching the wiki

Example SE benefit selection wizard

Status Passes available for use starting March 2021

Print Wikipost

2021 AC Status Privileges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I had a big "coming March" benefit, but it's gone now.

I haven't selected anything.
Ok, so I am not alone. PoT reports we will get these over the coming week: https://princeoftravel.com/blog/aero...elite-members/

Finally, exclusively for 2021, Aeroplan will be awarding a single Status Pass to Aeroplan 50K and 75K members, as well as an additional two Status Passes to Aeroplan Super Elite members. These bonus Status Passes will be deposited into eligible members’ accounts over the coming week.
Maybe I will get my status pass soon. And my TD buddy pass. And my rollover eUps. And my 5k Black Friday bonus.
canadiancow and YVR4Ever like this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Status pass is available now in my account.

No roll-over SQMs, but i did get my Priority Rewards total updated today.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Remind me please: selected benefits are retroactive, correct?

I realized I never selected before travelling last weekend and I would normally select the bonus miles. If it’s retro I’ll just wait some months and see what announcements are made re: qualifying for next year.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 11:57 am

1 Status Pass was deposited in my account today.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 1:59 pm

2021 Priority Phone numbers

Where are the Priority Numbers for Status holder display on the NEW Aeroplan site via Air Canada.com?
Old Mar 15, 2021, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by frenchq
Where are the Priority Numbers for Status holder display on the NEW Aeroplan site via Air Canada.com?
They're in the app, and on your physical card. AFAIK they're not on the website.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
AC used to have a deadline for choosing the "select benefits" and automatically "chose" certain benefits for you if you didn't make a selection, but I can't seem to find the deadline / applicable link.

Does anyone happen to have the applicable deadline / information?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
AC used to have a deadline for choosing the "select benefits" and automatically "chose" certain benefits for you if you didn't make a selection, but I can't seem to find the deadline / applicable link.

Does anyone happen to have the applicable deadline / information?
The email I received to invite me to select my privileges had the following wording:

Vous pouvez choisir vos privilčges et en profiter jusqu’au 31 décembre 2021; aucun privilčge sélectionné ne vous sera accordé par défaut.
So, no automatic choice of benefits and no deadline this year.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 6:48 am

What date do I have to choose my 2021 Privileges before AC chooses them for me by default? I recall this is in November

Also, with regards to FP's, I have already used an entire book in this Status Year, so do your privileges related to those bank and issue (Between the EUp's or SQM) once the privileges are chosen?
Old Apr 30, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
They're in the app, and on your physical card. AFAIK they're not on the website.
So if you lose your phone and don't carry your card, you're screwed if you need to call in?

Do the numbers even matter anymore now that you have to enter your AE number to get an agent?

Does the general line also ask for your AE number?

Originally Posted by caziz
with regards to FP's, I have already used an entire book in this Status Year, so do your privileges related to those bank and issue (Between the EUp's or SQM) once the privileges are chosen?
Last year I selected the SQM benefit in October. I had some FP activities and I did not get ALL of the SQM automatically. I had to write in, and a month or two later got them. Hopefully this year is better, but don't count on it.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 30, 2021 at 10:41 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So if you lose your phone and don't carry your card, you're screwed if you need to call in?

Do the numbers even matter anymore now that you have to enter your AE number to get an agent?

Does the general line also ask for your AE number?
I'm not convinced you could easily get a concierge through the general number.

You'd either have to ask them to transfer you (which might work?), or ask them for the SE number.

That being said, there's only one number necessary, because the main SE number asks if you're traveling today. If you are, you get the concierge.

I don't know what the general line asks for, but I also wouldn't assume that entering an SE number would do much.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I'm not convinced you could easily get a concierge through the general number.

You'd either have to ask them to transfer you (which might work?), or ask them for the SE number.

That being said, there's only one number necessary, because the main SE number asks if you're traveling today. If you are, you get the concierge.

I don't know what the general line asks for, but I also wouldn't assume that entering an SE number would do much.
As of late you often get the concierge when you call the Super Elite Desk as they seem to not be as busy.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
As of late you often get the concierge when you call the Super Elite Desk as they seem to not be as busy.
Which still requires having that number
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:26 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So store the number in a contacts app that syncs to the cloud
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:49 pm

And you're not screwed. You can use the regular number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.