Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by onetouchpass
Did anyone else who signed up for the waitlist bonus not yet receive their email to apply? I see a bunch of folks who've received theirs yesterday. I can only imagine they're sending in batches for load management.
I haven't received mine yet either. I'm not in a terrible rush to apply either though.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I haven't received mine yet either. I'm not in a terrible rush to apply either though.
Thanks for the reply, glad (?) to know I'm not the only one haha
Old Dec 4, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Would wonder if you will get. Both me and my husband were on the waitlist and got our offer at the same time on Friday.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by canadiancow
No it does not.

I also called yesterday, offered to move some credit around from a different card, and my "under review" turned into an approval.
If a good credit score applicant for this card already has a Chase credit card with a total credit limit ending with $___,900 and is under 5 new accounts within the past c. 24 months , then they likely will have to get some credit moved around to get the application approved.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
If a good credit score applicant for this card already has a Chase credit card with a total credit limit ending with $___,900 and is under 5 new accounts within the past c. 24 months , then they likely will have to get some credit moved around to get the application approved.
I've never heard of this before.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's pretty common with Chase when you have high 5 figures of credit.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's pretty common with Chase when you have high 5 figures of credit.
I guess I'm not at your level yet. I'm at mid-five figures with Chase.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:02 pm

Nothing back on my application from last Thursday. I have an obscene amount of credit with Chase across five cards, that I'd be happy to reallocate given the opportunity. My husband (with considerably fewer cards) applied on Friday and was also pending review, but get notified of approval today with no intervention.

I wish they'd hurry up and deny me so that I can talk to someone to re-allocate my credit, but seems as long as I'm in the review queue they won't let me intervene.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Nothing back on my application from last Thursday. I have an obscene amount of credit with Chase across five cards, that I'd be happy to reallocate given the opportunity. My husband (with considerably fewer cards) applied on Friday and was also pending review, but get notified of approval today with no intervention.

I wish they'd hurry up and deny me so that I can talk to someone to re-allocate my credit, but seems as long as I'm in the review queue they won't let me intervene.
I had no issue calling and moving credit around one day after my application.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
I called in and was told that I’ve been denied. Not enough credit history as a new immigrant (6 months since my credit file opened). Is there really no one I can talk to and get a manual review? I would have thought that with my high spend well in excess of $50k on the Amex and perfect (but short) credit history they’d be willing to manually review, but the agent on the phone was completely unhelpful and unwilling to put me in touch with anyone who had the power to review my application.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by pilot007
I called in and was told that I’ve been denied. Not enough credit history as a new immigrant (6 months since my credit file opened). Is there really no one I can talk to and get a manual review? I would have thought that with my high spend well in excess of $50k on the Amex and perfect (but short) credit history they’d be willing to manually review, but the agent on the phone was completely unhelpful and unwilling to put me in touch with anyone who had the power to review my application.
Chase generally won't issue you a credit card if your credit history is less than a year. There is not much you can do about that other than wait.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by pilot007
As cow mentioned, with a credit history less than a year you're pretty much out of luck. FWIW you can probably apply literally a week after your credit file says you have a year of history and get approved (Happened to me when I applied on the last possible day for the 100k CSP....). Other vendors are similar, even for some VERY basic credit cards.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 6:38 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lsquare
I guess I'm not at your level yet. I'm at mid-five figures with Chase.
The $___,900 credit limit type indicator happens even for those with below high-five figure credit lines. If a prospective applicant's reported income has risen since the last approved Chase application, then that ___,900 type indicator may not mean as much beside a little longer approval process and/or some adjustments needing to be made to credit limits on one or more of the accounts before being approved or being able to get a reconsideration approved.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:07 am

Not sure if it is the Aeroplan card, but the queue for the approval department is obscene. Yesterday 2.5 hours with no answer. Today finally got through to someone after 2 hours. They worked the approval with me on the phone and within five minutes I was approved with a healthy credit limit and didn't need to move any credit around.
lsquare and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Not sure if it is the Aeroplan card, but the queue for the approval department is obscene. Yesterday 2.5 hours with no answer. Today finally got through to someone after 2 hours. They worked the approval with me on the phone and within five minutes I was approved with a healthy credit limit and didn't need to move any credit around.
Yeah, I was on hold for 50+ minutes on Monday before the line just dropped. I haven't bothered calling back because I don't have 2 hours to wait around. Very annoying that approval seems to require calling in...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.