Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Applied. Already have two chase cards and also got the "need to review application" message.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
There’s a lot to like in this card. Good sign up bonus and I am happy for a US credit card that gives a Nexus card credit. With the 2021 rollover SQD/SQM and $50k in credit card spend I can potentially see stretching out one more year of SE.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
The flight reward certs expiring when the card is closed is a major -ve for me.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UA Fan
The flight reward certs expiring when the card is closed is a major -ve for me.
Funny, I considered that to be a huge positive.

But then I guess that's the difference between the people they want to get the card and they people they don't.
yyzgigi, LETTERBOY, m.y and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Did anyone else who signed up for the waitlist bonus not yet receive their email to apply? I see a bunch of folks who've received theirs yesterday. I can only imagine they're sending in batches for load management.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:42 am

For those that got the under review message.
it basically means you got rejected.
I called yesterday and got put through to the lending department and they confirmed it was due to a credit freeze which I forgot to lift. I lifted them and called again today and I was immediately approved when they retried.

Just give chase a call, get through you the lending dept to resolve any issues.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by pprrff
Just give chase a call, get through you the lending dept to resolve any issues.
Is there a particular number that you used? I'm unable to get past their IVR which keeps asking for a 16-digit CC number.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:55 am

For those that got the under review message.
it basically means you got rejected.
No it does not.

I also called yesterday, offered to move some credit around from a different card, and my "under review" turned into an approval.
GUWonder and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by pilot007
Is there a particular number that you used? I'm unable to get past their IVR which keeps asking for a 16-digit CC number.

1-800-935-9935
All the options for credit card then something about a pending application. When it asks for card #, I just waited it out and it went to an agent eventually.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
No it does not.

I also called yesterday, offered to move some credit around from a different card, and my "under review" turned into an approval.
I didn't mean permanently rejected but that there is an issue and that there's no sense waiting for the not approved at this time "call us for more details" letter. Just encouraging those who got this to call right away instead of waiting to get it corrected.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Does the "higher for existing card holder" mean that if I spend 50k on the card, I get:

"This means if you earn the benefit in consecutive years, and otherwise qualify for Aeroplan 25K Status in both years, that this benefit will increase your status to Aeroplan 35K Status in both years; the second increase will not build from the previous years increased level of Aeroplan 35K Status and increase your status level to Aeroplan 50K Status. If you earned the highest Aeroplan status level, Aeroplan Super Elite Status, for the next calendar year in accordance with Air Canadas Aeroplan Elite Status Terms and Conditions, and also spend $50,000 with the Chase Aeroplan Card, instead of an Aeroplan Elite Status Level-Up benefit you will receive one (1) Aeroplan 50K Status to gift to another Aeroplan member for the next calendar year"

So as long as I spend 50k for a few years to get to SE, then
"If you earned a higher status by other means (in accordance with Air Canadas Aeroplan Elite Status Terms and Conditions) you will retain the higher status. "

Change to 15k spend per year to retain SE? Because.... That's a sweet deal if true. I can easily get to 50k spend (with a 3% fee for some of that), so that's essentially 1500USD to get SE status and after you get it that drops to 450USD?

EDIT: NVM, missed a "not", thanks @Cow.

Last edited by Smiley90; Dec 3, 2021 at 2:54 pm
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:41 pm

Huh?

You'd need to otherwise qualify for 75K status every year AND spend 50k per year to retain SE indefinitely.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Huh?

You'd need to otherwise qualify for 75K status every year AND spend 50k per year to retain SE indefinitely.
Aaah, I missed an innocuous "not" in the part I quoted. That makes more sense.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
I didn't mean permanently rejected but that there is an issue and that there's no sense waiting for the not approved at this time "call us for more details" letter. Just encouraging those who got this to call right away instead of waiting to get it corrected.
I just called and got rebuffed. They said under review is under review and I needed to wait until the review was done before doing anything.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by macmedic
Just received the email with the application link that includes the 10k waitlist bonus and 10 e upgrades I had registered for.
Drat, did not hear about the waitlist bonus and had already applied for the card...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.