Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2022, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
No. I called yesterday and she said it could take 72 hours, so I'm giving it another day or two.

I'm definitely entitled to them back, so I'm not really worried. I just don't want to forget.
I called again, and it took a supervisor, but I have them back. Apparently one of the changes to the ticket was done quite manually, so it lost the FRC association.

Pretty good experience too. The call dropped, and he immediately called me back. Then he said there was a long wait for a supervisor, so he let me go and called me back when it was done.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by WorldTravel23
Same here - My 75k Elite status was just extended into 2023 today.

I also recently hit the Chase AP 50k spend, statement was on October 1, 2022. My Elite Status Level up benefit is also shown under the benefits tab.
Glad to have 100k SE in 2023.
Just had my Chase statement close yesterday finishing the 50K spend. How soon did you see any evidence of acknowledgement that you're now SE? T
Old Oct 15, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by psiachp
Just had my Chase statement close yesterday finishing the 50K spend. How soon did you see any evidence of acknowledgement that you're now SE? T
Just wanted to flag that two days after my Oct statement close (where I'd hit the $50K spend), I'm now seeing the LevelUp Benefit (so I guess I'll be SE on 1/1?)
Old Oct 19, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: AS, DL, AA, AC, BA, UA
For my 50K certificates, I'm trying to understand the downside of booking Flex fare over Latitude fare. I get that Latitude fares are instantly refundable so the certs go back to my account. But for Flex fares, it looks like I can do an any-time change to a different ticket without a fee. And I can do that for different airports/dates, correct? If so, it sounds like my cert is always needs to be attached to a ticket, but that I have the same flexibiility as a Latitude fare in that I can change it to whatever future ticket I want. What am I missing?
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
due to a schedule change, a flight I had booked using a combo of miles and welcome flight reward was cancelled and refunded today. I see the miles, but I don't see the welcome flight reward anywhere in the refund receipt, and it is not available for use in booking. Someone above suggested waiting 72 hours, but is that tracking currently or should I already assume I need to call?
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:50 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by gigafishing
For those wondering about the benefits for the high levels of spending, they're now officially posted on the Chase Aeroplan benefits page. Still no word about Pay Yourself Back being added:

It's weird that they still haven't figured PYB out yet and people are about to hit the second year AF on a benefit that was promised to them at signup and told would be available early 2022.
Xyzzy and gigafishing like this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 2:36 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Adam1222
due to a schedule change, a flight I had booked using a combo of miles and welcome flight reward was cancelled and refunded today. I see the miles, but I don't see the welcome flight reward anywhere in the refund receipt, and it is not available for use in booking. Someone above suggested waiting 72 hours, but is that tracking currently or should I already assume I need to call?
Update: I indeed needed to call back. The second agent first didn't know what I was talking about, but figured it out, got the "help desk" involved, and the certificate was restored my account after I got off the phone
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by psiachp
Just wanted to flag that two days after my Oct statement close (where I'd hit the $50K spend), I'm now seeing the LevelUp Benefit (so I guess I'll be SE on 1/1?)
I don't think it will be exactly on 1/1 so then we get to double dip on the benefits for 75k then again once you get bumped up to SE.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
I don't think it will be exactly on 1/1 so then we get to double dip on the benefits for 75k then again once you get bumped up to SE.
I'm also hopeful for the opportunity to try to double-dip, but I'm not counting on it. My gut feeling is that Aeroplan is a bit more on top of it than last year, but given this is the first year that this new benefit will be applied, who knows what will happen.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by newbie_flyer
For my 50K certificates, I'm trying to understand the downside of booking Flex fare over Latitude fare. I get that Latitude fares are instantly refundable so the certs go back to my account. But for Flex fares, it looks like I can do an any-time change to a different ticket without a fee. And I can do that for different airports/dates, correct? If so, it sounds like my cert is always needs to be attached to a ticket, but that I have the same flexibiility as a Latitude fare in that I can change it to whatever future ticket I want. What am I missing?
Can confirm that I had a Flex fare booked with my 50k certs (for myself and spouse), and I was able to change the booking to adjust our travel date (though identical routing), and only had to pay the difference in points (so agreeing with you there was no change fee). Unfortunately it did require a phone call, and the agent seemed a little uncertain of all the back end steps involved, but when all was said and done our booking was moved to the newly preferred travel date.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by EJRofChicago
Can confirm that I had a Flex fare booked with my 50k certs (for myself and spouse), and I was able to change the booking to adjust our travel date (though identical routing), and only had to pay the difference in points (so agreeing with you there was no change fee). Unfortunately it did require a phone call, and the agent seemed a little uncertain of all the back end steps involved, but when all was said and done our booking was moved to the newly preferred travel date.
I wonder if the same would hold for adding an additional leg within the same travel zone to an existing itinerary? I'm looking to book from SFO-CAI with 4 seats in business as soon as they're released (360 days). . However the final plan is to actualy just do a 2 week "stopover" in CAI and then add on for 5k a CAI-AMS flight (So final itinerary would be SFO-YYZ-CAI (stopover)-AMS. I don't want to wait for the CAI-AMS flight to open up and book the whole itinerary at once because I'm worried the one or all of the 4 biz seats from SFO-CAI will be gone by that time

Do you think If I'm using certs + miles I can get first book the SFO-CAI portion (currently at 97.8k in business) , then when the CAI-AMS opens up 2 weeks later call in to get the CAI-AMS flight added on and pay the fare difference (strangely when I test it out its not just 5k more but more like 13.7k miles,, which is still ok by me).
Old Oct 30, 2022, 1:09 pm

https://onemileatatime.com/deals/cha...ransfer-bonus/

Who else is going to be double-dipping UR points transfers to Aeroplan in November? If you have both a UR card and Aeroplan card you can convert 250,000 UR points to 350,000 Aeroplan with the 30% transfer bonus and the 10% Chase Aeroplan card bonus.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 4:58 pm

https://onemileatatime.com/deals/cha...ransfer-bonus/

Who else is going to be double-dipping UR points transfers to Aeroplan in November? If you have both a UR card and Aeroplan card you can convert 250,000 UR points to 350,000 Aeroplan with the 30% transfer bonus and the 10% Chase Aeroplan card bonus.
thanks for pointing this double dip opportunity out. I do have some plans for travel using my Aeroplan miles so this timing works out well.

with the 10% chance or bonus for Aeroplan card holders it says it may take up to 72 hours or even seven days. Since that promo has been active for a while does anyone have any data points on how long the bonus miles actually take to post?

and if I am transferring over more than 100,00 UR points it seems like in order to take advantage of the 10% bonus. I need to do that in increments of 50,000 at a time instead of 100,000 at once.?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by kayexalate
thanks for pointing this double dip opportunity out. I do have some plans for travel using my Aeroplan miles so this timing works out well.

with the 10% chance or bonus for Aeroplan card holders it says it may take up to 72 hours or even seven days. Since that promo has been active for a while does anyone have any data points on how long the bonus miles actually take to post?

and if I am transferring over more than 100,00 UR points it seems like in order to take advantage of the 10% bonus. I need to do that in increments of 50,000 at a time instead of 100,000 at once.?
For the 10% bonus you have to transfer at least 50,000 points in a single transaction for it to trigger. You don't need to piecemeal it in 50,000 increments but if you do less than that you won't get the bonus.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:26 am

For the 10% bonus you have to transfer at least 50,000 points in a single transaction for it to trigger. You don't need to piecemeal it in 50,000 increments but if you do less than that you won't get the bonus.

awesome. I thought I read somewhere it has to be in 50k increments so I’m glad I can just do 100k at once.

Would be great if some one made an online calculator to determine how many miles I need to transfer with the double dip option to get the number of miles needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.