Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Air Canada | Aeroplan

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Old Jul 12, 22, 2:24 am

Programs: AC SE MM, UA MP 1K, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by zkzkz View Post
My utilities don't take credit cards. And the only stuff I buy in Costco is groceries which defeats the purpose...

I've never seen any targeted bonus point earning offers. Where do I find these? In the "My Offers" I only see "% back" offers on specific merchants, no categories.
not sure how earning points at Costco defeats the purpose if youre going to shop there anyway in the next three months unless the grocery bonus has caused you never to shop there again. If it is just a timing thing you can buy a Costco cash card.

It is possible you werent targeted, but my husband and I both got different offers. Heres details on how to check:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/target...nding-bonuses/
Old Jul 12, 22, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AC 50K, Hyatt Ist-iest, Starriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I, along with many others, got an email today from Aeroplan offering 100 miles for filling out a survey about whether we applied for the card or not, after signing up for the sign up waitlist. I find it funny I got the survey, even though I never got the sign up link from the waitlist. If you clicked 'no' I didn't apply, it asked for why you chose not to, and then a variety of other questions about which credit card and mileage programs you use and like.

Here's to hoping they sweeten the sign up offer and offer actual points and not these certificates!
Old Jul 12, 22, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by yyzgigi View Post
not sure how earning points at Costco defeats the purpose if you’re going to shop there anyway in the next three months unless the grocery bonus has caused you never to shop there again. If it is just a timing thing you can buy a Costco cash card.

It is possible you weren’t targeted, but my husband and I both got different offers. Here’s details on how to check:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/target...nding-bonuses/
I don't think this is terribly useful for others but fwiw... I normally buy groceries at a grocery store which is much more convenient for me. I occasionally tag along with friends or family and buy stuff at Costco but it's quite a hassle to have to drive there and back and everything comes in large heavy packs which require multiple trips to unload etc. So it's not my normal grocery store and whatever I buy is just substituting for regular grocery shopping at the regular grocery store where I would get 3x+7x.

I am considering buying an Amazon gift card just to max out this promo. If I get a $1k credit from Amazon that's worth like 2k points extra from my next $1k of grocery shop and airfares. But... I don't have any obvious Amazon purchases coming up in the next few months so it'll take me quite a while to go through $1k. So maybe it's not worth bothering.

Fwiw thanks for that link. It was indeed helpful. The Aeroplan Chase card does not have this promo on it. (Another card does but that card I don't use any more and am about to cancel actually). I also noted I have marketing emails turned off, maybe that's why I never heard about it.
Old Jul 13, 22, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by zkzkz View Post
I don't think this is terribly useful for others but fwiw... I normally buy groceries at a grocery store which is much more convenient for me. I occasionally tag along with friends or family and buy stuff at Costco but it's quite a hassle to have to drive there and back and everything comes in large heavy packs which require multiple trips to unload etc. So it's not my normal grocery store and whatever I buy is just substituting for regular grocery shopping at the regular grocery store where I would get 3x+7x.

I am considering buying an Amazon gift card just to max out this promo. If I get a $1k credit from Amazon that's worth like 2k points extra from my next $1k of grocery shop and airfares. But... I don't have any obvious Amazon purchases coming up in the next few months so it'll take me quite a while to go through $1k. So maybe it's not worth bothering.
Value is different for each person. It wasnt clear from your original response that you werent a Costco member or wouldnt have responded that way. Ive got enough opportunities for the bonus without using grocery stores that I dont need to do, but with Costco and amazon and others if youre going to spend it anyway in the relative short term a gift card is a great way to move that spend to the front of the line. If youre not going to spend it in the near future than it is just a hassle and likely not worth it.
Old Jul 14, 22, 1:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Any DP's for the 10x qualifying for an international purchase online (foreign airline) while purchase in the USA?
Old Jul 14, 22, 2:46 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL DM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by frudd38 View Post
Any DP's for the 10x qualifying for an international purchase online (foreign airline) while purchase in the USA?
Apple.de gave me 10x points
frudd38 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 22, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Thanks @gigafishing for posting this. I had no idea there was such an easy way to see the points I've earned this year.

gigafishing likes this.
Old Jul 15, 22, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Thanks @gigafishing for posting this. I had no idea there was such an easy way to see the points I've earned this year.

Sure thing, Chase has great award tracking across all their various products (other Co-Brands, UR cards, etc.)
LETTERBOY and 36902BRF like this.
Old Jul 15, 22, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pdeut View Post
Apple.de gave me 10x points
Not targeted, right?
Old Jul 15, 22, 4:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN; DL DM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jcarberry View Post
Not targeted, right?
Nope, this is part of the regular 10x on foreign purchases for everyone AFAIK
Old Jul 17, 22, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL
Seems like I might have improperly lost one of these Welcome Flight Rewards, but I can't entirely tell if I am right. I booked a Latitude fare for 2 people in economy for 320k points, and applied 2x50k certs to bring it down to 220k points. Due to an obvious misconnect with AC delays, I decided to just cancel the outbound and book myself onto another carrier, and I figured this was fine on a Latitude ticket. I flew the return segment normally.

After a long phone call with Aeroplan once I flew all segments, they agreed to refund 110k points -- 50% of the actual point cost -- but none of the certificates. This doesn't seem entirely right. The representative explained that the certificates are considered used once flown, which I agree from the below T&C. However, it seems they should have been applied in full to my new reservation. Since the new reservation only cost 160k points (the price was equivalent for the outbound/return), the certificates should bring the total points cost down to 60k and I should be refunded 160k points.

It's just 50k but would rather not lose it if I can avoid it. Am I crazy or is there an easy way to dispute this further?

A partially flown Aeroplan flight reward ticket where a Welcome Flight Reward was used as a form of payment will cause the Welcome Flight Reward to be considered used in this instance, a change or cancellation will be permitted on the ticket itself, but the Welcome Flight Reward certificate will be considered fully used irrespective of any change between the points total of the ticket in the original reservation and the updated points total in the new reservation. In all scenarios, the points value which a Welcome Flight Reward certificate covered in the original reservation will be carried to the new reservation and no residual value, if applicable, will be applied or credited to the ticket or Primary Cardmembers account.
Old Jul 18, 22, 12:53 pm

Has anyone heard when the chase pay yourself back feature will launch on this card? I noticed it was advertised in my pamphlet I received with my card but haven't heard anything about since then.
Explore SE Asia likes this.
Old Jul 19, 22, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by dlflyer00 View Post
Seems like I might have improperly lost one of these Welcome Flight Rewards, but I can't entirely tell if I am right. I booked a Latitude fare for 2 people in economy for 320k points, and applied 2x50k certs to bring it down to 220k points. Due to an obvious misconnect with AC delays, I decided to just cancel the outbound and book myself onto another carrier, and I figured this was fine on a Latitude ticket. I flew the return segment normally.

After a long phone call with Aeroplan once I flew all segments, they agreed to refund 110k points -- 50% of the actual point cost -- but none of the certificates. This doesn't seem entirely right. The representative explained that the certificates are considered used once flown, which I agree from the below T&C. However, it seems they should have been applied in full to my new reservation. Since the new reservation only cost 160k points (the price was equivalent for the outbound/return), the certificates should bring the total points cost down to 60k and I should be refunded 160k points.

It's just 50k but would rather not lose it if I can avoid it. Am I crazy or is there an easy way to dispute this further?
I agree with your logic and certainly feels like you should at least have retained the full value as it was ACs fault you lost the first half. However, you are outside of the strict T&C as this is an allowance for a service disruption after the fact and their interpretation of what fair compensation would be. I would try again with the logic described and hopefully you get a good CSR who will credit the points difference.
Old Jul 28, 22, 5:57 am

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mochajj87 View Post
Has anyone heard when the chase pay yourself back feature will launch on this card? I noticed it was advertised in my pamphlet I received with my card but haven't heard anything about since then.
I asked the Twitter team about this on June 12th.

"At this time, this is not available for this type of card. However, we recommend you stay tune as this may be available soon. We do not have any time frame provided as of this time, but we will send correspondence or will be posted on chase.com once it's ready. "
Old Jul 31, 22, 8:26 am

Chase Aeroplan Card/Account Linking

I was approved last week for the Chase Aeroplan card and am flying in a few days -- want to be sure my accounts are linked so I can utilize the 25K status benefits. I provided my Aeroplan number when I applied for the card. Do these accounts get linked automatically and if so, anyone know how long that takes?

Search this Thread