Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
As far as I know it was one of the most seamless bonus postings we've seen.

But I think Chase is correct.
Finally sorted this out. In the end Aeroplan said it needed Chase to tell them I was eligible from the waitlist. Chase customer service was completely horrible (they really didn't train the reps on this), but a friendly Aeroplan supervisor was helpful when I explained the back-and-forth. He said he would write to the partnership liaison and sure enough the miles and credits posted within days.
yyzgigi and canadiancow like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Got an email saying the waitlist offer would be extended to Mar 31. Wonder if the credit card applications not as high as expected.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Got an email saying the waitlist offer would be extended to Mar 31. Wonder if the credit card applications not as high as expected.
Same here, i got that exact email earlier today. It works out well for me since it looked I had to pick up the united quest card (I'm below 5/24 next month.)

Now I can pick up this card with the elevated bonus and get the explorer card some other time. Which is now not effected by 5/24.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by verfinder
Same here, i got that exact email earlier today. It works out well for me since it looked I had to pick up the united quest card (I'm below 5/24 next month.)

Now I can pick up this card with the elevated bonus and get the explorer card some other time. Which is now not effected by 5/24.
Are you planning to keep the card indefinitely? Or are you sure about using it in one year? I have been holding off this card as I am not sure if I can use AC miles in one year.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Pardon the ignorance, but what were the second 20 for? I presume the first 20 was for becoming a new 25K member.
Do we think this is 20 eups for 2022 status and 20 eups for 2023 status? Since both were "earned" this year in opening the card? I can kind of see the logic, but it's a bummer if all of them are expiring in January and can't be used next year.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Are you planning to keep the card indefinitely? Or are you sure about using it in one year? I have been holding off this card as I am not sure if I can use AC miles in one year.
indefinitely? It's an interesting proposition as AC has very good opportunities for stopover trips and transfer partners. As long as you play the game I think this card can be very useful past year 2.

You get to stash your certificates as long as you keep your account open. Maybe use one certificate this year and use the other one next year? Those certificates easily cover the fee for 2 years.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Just applied yesterday at the supposed deadline and got approved today. Literally got the offer extension email after which kinda sucks as I’ve been on a spending spree lately so another $4K USD spend isn’t ideal but YOLO.

I see automatic 25K status and the option to select my select benefit but don’t see the base level 20 eupgrades yet (didn’t someone report they got it instantly or maybe I don’t know how to check this?). Thinking of holding off on selecting my 5 additional eupgrades as part of the select benefit in July 2022 so they’ll be good until Jan 2024 vs 2023.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:53 pm

how long does it take to get the 50k + 50k certificates? Also, can the certificates be used for multiple legs/passengers? as long as it's on the same purchase?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by pookguy88
how long does it take to get the 50k + 50k certificates? Also, can the certificates be used for multiple legs/passengers? as long as it's on the same purchase?
How long would depend on when you meet the MSR...it posts with the statement which you did.

One per pax.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 5:26 am

DonI get status bump immediately after spending $50K, or only the following calendar year ?

If the status bump is only effective next year, is the bump from my status this year, or based on what I earned next year.

eg: I'm 35K for 2022, but I only earn status level of 25K for 2023. What status bump will I earn if I spend $50K on the card in 2022 ?
Old Feb 20, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
DonI get status bump immediately after spending $50K, or only the following calendar year ?

If the status bump is only effective next year, is the bump from my status this year, or based on what I earned next year.

eg: I'm 35K for 2022, but I only earn status level of 25K for 2023. What status bump will I earn if I spend $50K on the card in 2022 ?
Only the following Calendar year and the bump is based on your next year's status.

From offer details : https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...anada/aeroplan

For example, if during a calendar year you spend $50,000 in purchases and have otherwise earned Aeroplan 25K Status for the next calendar year, your status will increase from Aeroplan 25K to 35K Status for the duration of the next calendar year and will drop down to your otherwise earned Aeroplan Status at the beginning of the calendar year after that, unless you earn a higher status or another Aeroplan Elite Status Level-Up benefit. Your status can only be increased through this benefit once per calendar year.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 5:56 pm

Is the waitlist offer (10K + 10eups) something you get right away? Or is it also connected to the MSR?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 5:10 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by intenso_project
Is the waitlist offer (10K + 10eups) something you get right away? Or is it also connected to the MSR?
not connected to the MSR but it may be a few weeks after opening the card that it posts.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum

Anyone else have this? Says I have 60 eupgrades total in 2022 but only 20 to use / are available
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The "60" is a sum of the credits. If you go to the transaction history you'll see credits and debits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.