Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by onetouchpass
Have you folks received your emails yet? It's been 3 weeks since launch and I haven't yet either.

I was thinking I'll apply for it w/o the email, get the SUB, and if the bonus doesn't appear within the terms (8 weeks from approval), I'll try reaching out requesting it...
Have you tried following up with Aeroplan? Curious if you’re Aeroplan address on file is in the US? Just trying to understand why you may not have received
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Have you tried following up with Aeroplan? Curious if you’re Aeroplan address on file is in the US? Just trying to understand why you may not have received
Yes, Aeroplan pushes me to Chase and Chase pushes me to Aeroplan. I even managed to find a Chase Aeroplan number, but cannot get anything from them without a card. The closest I got was a rep looking into it and simply suggesting I wait...

My address is in the US, correct.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 3:28 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Yes, Aeroplan pushes me to Chase and Chase pushes me to Aeroplan. I even managed to find a Chase Aeroplan number, but cannot get anything from them without a card. The closest I got was a rep looking into it and simply suggesting I wait...

My address is in the US, correct.
Sorry you’re getting the run around. everything I see tells me that is coming from Aeroplan and their issue to fix. The original signup offer, the validation of registration and the request to apply now all came from an Aeroplan email address. Following up with chase is not going to get you anywhere.

Not sure what created the small group of unlucky people but tend to agree if you’re in a hurry to get started or have some big up coming purchases, applying now and fighting for your bonus later may be the best option. However, you are taking a risk as the terms of the bonus do explicitly say that you must use the link they send to receive the bonus.

To qualify for the bonus points offered, an eligible application for the Card must be received by by no later than February 15, 2022 through the application link provided in the waitlist email.
onetouchpass likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Sorry you’re getting the run around. everything I see tells me that is coming from Aeroplan and their issue to fix. The original signup offer, the validation of registration and the request to apply now all came from an Aeroplan email address. Following up with chase is not going to get you anywhere.

Not sure what created the small group of unlucky people but tend to agree if you’re in a hurry to get started or have some big up coming purchases, applying now and fighting for your bonus later may be the best option. However, you are taking a risk as the terms of the bonus do explicitly say that you must use the link they send to receive the bonus.
Another FT'er in a similar position as me went ahead and actually clicked through the original waitlist email (i.e. thanks for signing up for the waitlist) and applied through there. His rationale was that the language in the T&C you quoted is vague enough that he did just that, but just not with the email invitation sent around on the 2nd
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Another FT'er in a similar position as me went ahead and actually clicked through the original waitlist email (i.e. thanks for signing up for the waitlist) and applied through there. His rationale was that the language in the T&C you quoted is vague enough that he did just that, but just not with the email invitation sent around on the 2nd
Since this keeps coming up... https://photos.app.goo.gl/zeaQjEc2EQBsE7LT8
I applied through the waitlist email. Like they told me to.
YYC3722 and onetouchpass like this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Since this keeps coming up... https://photos.app.goo.gl/zeaQjEc2EQBsE7LT8
I applied through the waitlist email. Like they told me to.
Hi, I came back here today because I still have not heard back with any sign up email and had a feeling just like others reported, there is not going to be anyone reachable that would be able to look into this for us lucky stranded ones on the signup list.

I looked at the waitlist email and there is a link which takes me to here basically:

https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/...s/chase.html#/
onetouchpass likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yes, and from there you can get to the application form
Old Dec 25, 2021, 9:27 am

Merry Christmas! From a free checked bags perk standpoint, this isn't bad for its annual fee if anyone does two or more RT checked bag flights per 12 months... unless there is another existing aeroplan ccard w/ a lower annual fee?

As has been since written up in various websites, this new Chase card 'years in the making' the signup bonus w/ the two 50k pt vouchers is kinda meh, depending on how you will be using them. I'm in the meh category, I don't think I will even chase it w/ my spending in the first 3 months of opening the card.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by abc5
Merry Christmas! From a free checked bags perk standpoint, this isn't bad for its annual fee if anyone does two or more RT checked bag flights per 12 months... unless there is another existing aeroplan ccard w/ a lower annual fee?

As has been since written up in various websites, this new Chase card 'years in the making' the signup bonus w/ the two 50k pt vouchers is kinda meh, depending on how you will be using them. I'm in the meh category, I don't think I will even chase it w/ my spending in the first 3 months of opening the card.
now that's just crazy talk. Who says no to a free 100k miles?
Old Dec 25, 2021, 10:51 am

Well the difference w/ these vouchers as I understand it is.... they are 50K miles each but it's up to you to apply them to a RT flight worthy enough to use them. If you only have a medium or short RT flight in your plans, the voucher doesn't let you keep a remaining balance until you exhaust the miles.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by abc5
Well the difference w/ these vouchers as I understand it is.... they are 50K miles each but it's up to you to apply them to a RT flight worthy enough to use them. If you only have a medium or short RT flight in your plans, the voucher doesn't let you keep a remaining balance until you exhaust the miles.
They don't have to be RT. Can be a one way for one trip, and another for a separate trip.

These certs are best used for long haul premium cabins in terms of value, as you've correctly identified that if you use it for a cheaper economy award ticket that's less than 50K, you forfeit the difference in potential value had you redeemed it for an award 50K+.

This is of course, ignoring some of the crazy dynamic award costs on AC metal, and any sort of personal inflexibility.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 12:54 pm

I took at look at some card details, good to see the vouchers do not expire so long as you keep the card
  • Each of the two 50,000 Welcome Flight Rewards can be applied toward a single passenger Aeroplan redemption.
  • This can be in any cabin and for any redemption amount.
  • A top-up of extra points needed is allowed. (i.e., If you had a 65,000-point itinerary, you could apply a 50,000 Welcome Flight Reward and top up the remaining 15,000-point difference.)
  • You don’t get your points back if you redeem the certificate for an itinerary of fewer than 50,000 points.
  • The rewards don’t expire as long as you have the card.
the required spending of 4k in 3 months seems 1k kind of steep but thats just my opinion.

with a RT flight as short as say montreal to ny and back being about $450 (usd) since september on AC, using even these two vouchers saves you 900$
Old Dec 28, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
This is my first Chase points card in several years. First statement closed and I paid in full. Odd that I did not see the annual fee billed. How quickly should I expect to see the points from the first statement post as well as the SUB?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan / United / Hyatt / Delta
Has anyone received their waiting list 10,000 points bonus yet?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by flying cochon
Has anyone received their waiting list 10,000 points bonus yet?
The email fine print said it would take something like 8 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.