Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2020, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Ski flight pass

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/.../ski-pass.html

Fare options:
Comfort and Business Class

What is it:
A pre-paid package of 4 or 8 one-way flight credits, valid for 2 or 4 travellers, respectively. Valid until April 20, 20221.

Can only leave from a limited amount of cities?
It appears departure cities from quarantine affected provinces and territories are excluded from this pass.

People in Northern BC, small town Alberta and the Praries don't ski? No love for them with this pass.

Depart from: Calgary (YYC), Cranbrook (YXC), Edmonton (YEG), Kamloops (YKA), Kelowna (YLW), Montreal (YUL), Ottawa (YOW), Penticton (YYF), Quebec (YQB), Thunder Bay (YQT), Toronto (YYZ), Vancouver (YVR), Victoria (YYJ)

Destinations

• Calgary (YYC)
  • Cranbrook (YXC)
  • Kamloops (YKA)
  • Kelowna (YLW)
  • Montreal (YUL)
  • Quebec (YQB)
  • Vancouver (YVR)

Don’t delay, the Ski Flight Pass is only available until December 29, 2020.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I think this is the cheapest business class FP for me to get from YYC to YYZ/YUL/YOW/YQB.

The exception being the Oil Regional Latitude FP (which includes complimentary upgrade to J within 48 hours, and is eligible for bonus SQM or eUp for eligible FP activites.
ryanpower8 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Worth noting for anyone flying transcon, that this 8-credit pack in Comfort costs more than a 10-credit East-West Connector in Flex.

Obviously there are a few differences, but if your goal in buying a non-business flight pass is to fly solo, book late and upgrade, the East-West Connector gives you the same upgrade window and exactly the same eUp requirements, and stays valid for several months longer.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 12:18 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The Flight Pass team at AC is certainly working hard to come up with ways to generate revenue, and I'm glad to see they're finally testing out a Comfort FP, but I didn't find the pricing at all compelling.
Bohemian1 and 5Miles like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.