Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Hawaii COVID test quarantine details revealed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaii COVID test quarantine details revealed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2021, 1:31 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by expert7700
I had a YVR-YYC flight cancelled for the same reason..

​​​​​Apparently YYC is a Sun Destination this time of year.
As I look out into the fog bank currently surrounding my house, I think you are correct. By that logic, maybe YVR-YXE is next on the chopping block.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
I had some Hawaii flights booked for mid-March (YYC - OGG) that were canceled today.
“AC587 to Kahului, Kahului (OGG) has been cancelled. This is due to a temporary suspension of flights to and from the Caribbean and Mexico beginning Sunday, January 31st for 90 days in support of the Government of Canada's request in response to ongoing COVID-19 concerns.”
Ok, the automated message was technically incorrect, but it is a non issue. The Maui route suspension was announced on Jan. 13, 2021. Highlights of the announcement were;
- 25% capacity reduction of AC system
- 1700 layoffs
- 44 temporarily suspended flights, including 12 domestic, 10 trans-border (USA) and a full 22 international routes.

-Hawaii routes suspended in that announcement were; Calgary to Maui and Vancouver to Honolulu, Maui

All provincial and federal governments have been asking Canadians not to travel for leisure outside of the country for months, therefore the route suspensions will not have come as a surprise to anyone. Yes, Air Canada made a small error in its wording of its notice, but the error when taken within the context of the overall route suspensions is minor and not noteworthy.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Ok, the automated message was technically incorrect, but it is a non issue. The Maui route suspension was announced on Jan. 13, 2021. Highlights of the announcement were;
- 25% capacity reduction of AC system
- 1700 layoffs
- 44 temporarily suspended flights, including 12 domestic, 10 trans-border (USA) and a full 22 international routes.

-Hawaii routes suspended in that announcement were; Calgary to Maui and Vancouver to Honolulu, Maui.
Interesting. I must have missed that announcement. Where was it posted?

FWIW, the Hawaii flights are still listed on AC’s “Route updates” page…
Old Jan 30, 2021, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
Interesting. I must have missed that announcement. Where was it posted?

FWIW, the Hawaii flights are still listed on AC’s “Route updates” page…
Back in January, Hawaii routes were suspended up to end of February.

As of today they seem to have been suspended up to end of April.
PointWeasel and TheCanuckian like this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by zorn
Back in January, Hawaii routes were suspended up to end of February.

As of today they seem to have been suspended up to end of April.
I always appreciate facts.

The Hawaii cancellation emails are were coded incorrectly, yes. The silver-lining is the full refund statement is included in that email, the same as applies to Mexico, Central America (aka Costa Rica) and Caribbean cancelled flights. I will take that partial win and remain grateful for the ongoing incompetence of AC IT.
expert7700 and TheCanuckian like this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I always appreciate facts.

The Hawaii cancellation emails are were coded incorrectly, yes. The silver-lining is the full refund statement is included in that email, the same as applies to Mexico, Central America (aka Costa Rica) and Caribbean cancelled flights. I will take that partial win and remain grateful for the ongoing incompetence of AC IT.
AC told me the refund was not meant to apply to my flights but they will grant it because it was their mistake. And they did so promptly.
expert7700, D582 and Orcair like this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Right now, I am booked with family to go to Hawaii on AC in mid Oct (although I may have to cancel, if the covid numbers continue to go up in Hawaii and/or the state government puts restrictions of out of country (including Canada) travelers.

I will be flying via YVR to OGG (Maui) and coming back via HNL and YVR.

Anything I need to know that is different since the last post in Jan 2021?

In particular, I am wondering about who checks the covid pcr test results- AC on boarding the flight at YVR, and/or someone at HNL on arrival?
Right now, will all 4 main islands still allow international travelers (notwithstanding the governor's statement discouraging tourists due to covid)?

Is interisland travel still allowed, from a covid point of view?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.