Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MIami Lounge for AC - not RCC!, but Club America lounge!

MIami Lounge for AC - not RCC!, but Club America lounge!

Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:10 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by drvannostren
This is odd, last time I went through MIA (6 months ago) there was no access for AC flyers including Paid J people from what I heard at the podium (confirming what I had read online as well). I was there like 5 hours so I paid $50 for Admirals Club access and was satisfied.
Too bad in paid J, one needs to purchase lounge access.

It would be nice if AC had lounge options in Florida. From what I have flown, and what I have read AC does not have lounge offerings for MIA, FLL, MCO, TPA or RSW.

Hopefully that will change in the near future.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I think in FLL there's a UA club which is what you'd use. At MIA though the only * lounges are for J/F on LH/LX if I'm not mistaken.

I think there used to be a contract lounge with TAM but then TAM left the alliance and I think that changed things.

I hope this changes, there's enough UA/CM/AV/AC traffic in MIA to have something, but I'm not there often so I guess it doesn't really matter that much to me in the grand scheme of things.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:22 am
Formerly known as tireman77

I think in FLL there's a UA club which is what you'd use. At MIA though the only * lounges are for J/F on LH/LX if I'm not mistaken.

I think there used to be a contract lounge with TAM but then TAM left the alliance and I think that changed things.

I hope this changes, there's enough UA/CM/AV/AC traffic in MIA to have something, but I'm not there often so I guess it doesn't really matter that much to me in the grand scheme of things.
United uses Terminal 1 in FLL, it would require walking to T1, clearing security, using the lounge, walking back to T2, clearing security again... No exactly user friendly. Not even sure if you can cross security at T1 with a T2 boarding pass.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence

There is indeed a UA UC at FLL, on the small side but never overly crowded when I've been there. And they start pouring booze early in the morning. Very contemporary terminal compared to the dumpy grounds of the rest of the airport.

Agree the Club America lounges are underwhelming. I suspect the reason that no N.American carrier has opened a lounge at MIA is because of yields (there is premium traffic but that is pressed downward from the competitive leisure prices).

I did hear Avianca in talks with opening a lounge in the J concourse, and this would suit them (and us) well as MIA is a focus city for them and no doubt have more business traffic than leisure traffic that could justify the lounge expense.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by kwflyer
Agree the Club America lounges are underwhelming. I suspect the reason that no N.American carrier has opened a lounge at MIA is because of yields (there is premium traffic but that is pressed downward from the competitive leisure prices).
Ummm, DL has a nice lounge in MIA. AA has a handful.

The lack of an AC/UA lounge in Miami is due to the limited Star Alliance presence
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
With this thread in mind, I asked at the counter (lounge in J) the other day. They informed me the blackout for PP guests varies (hence the varied experiences in this thread) but currently it starts at 1-1:30 until the next day. He frankly admitted it causes a lot of unhappy PP members. He tells them they can go to F terminal where there is a PP lounge open for them.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:53 pm

Amex is opening a Centurion lounge soon in MIA. No idea if it's close to AC gates but it will be available to Amex plat's and Cent's. They are very nice lounges, far nicer than any NA airline lounge......but they are starting to get very crowded as well.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Lounge at MIA?

Hi,

I have an upcoming trip to sunny Miami. Haven't been there before.

Am I right to assume there isn't so much as a united club?? Anything else to use?

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:31 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
AC has no lounge agreements in MIA you are correct.

If you have an Amex Plat there are 2 lounges you can use (Club America in Terminal F and VIP Lounge in Terminal J).
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Morning flight anyways so I guess I'll just have to "slum it"..Not a problem encountered too often, thankfully.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Used the Priority Pass lounge in MIA last year (flying AC). It was a pretty good lounge.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: AP*SE SPG-PLAT
The club america lounge in MIA which is contracted with PP is only available for entry with PP until 3 pm. This change was due to the increase in TAM and LAN flights that were leaving during the later hours.

I really miss the lounge access in the evening as I frequently leave MIA on the last flight out and love a shower pre flight.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The J 5 lounge was an oasis of calm last Wednesday morning when I got lost looking for the Sky Club. They even have Prosecco after noon. Food is pretty scarce though. Sky Club was good but all plates and bowls are single use - wasteful and not classy.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
not sure if this is covered somewhere else but AC *G pax are now allowed to use the Avianca lounge near J5. Sign on glass doors now says AC. Went in yesterday...very busy but quite large and enjoyable...
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titan
Originally Posted by cruzcap
not sure if this is covered somewhere else but AC *G pax are now allowed to use the MIA Avianca lounge near J5. Sign on glass doors now says AC. Went in yesterday...very busy but quite large and enjoyable...
That's great news. Looking forward to checking it out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.