Search

Rebooking help - PVR-YOW

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2020, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Rebooking help - PVR-YOW

Good morning all!

I was booked on PVR - YYZ - YOW on Jan3rd. After last nights plathora of schedule changes the YYZ - YOW flight simply disappeared from the itinerary.

Not that I don't love YYZ but I would like to get home. I see limited connecting flights that are Y0 on Jan 3rd, but I see Y4 on Jan 4th on AC7528. I need 2 seats.

The problem is I am booked into Flex and the agent is telling me the highest fare bucket she can place me in is M (which is 1 right now) and that she cannot (or will not) escalate it ... there is nothing she can do.

Should it not be possible to have AC reticket that segment into Y since they cancelled my flight?

My level frustration with AC is going up again
Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
So, the problem with 7528 is that it's J3 Y0. It's not a question of M or not (and that was crap), they would need to reticket you into J to get you onto "sellable" seats on that flight.

While an oversold flight is easily addressed at the gate - the top 2-3 status holders simply get op-upped - I think you'd have a hard time getting an agent (or NRD) who can "force open" the ability to further oversell this flight, even if there's an obvious solution available in practice.

So, yeah, the bad news is, you're spending the night at Pearson, which is a pain. The good news is, AC owes you a hotel for this. Most agents won't know that rule, but even in the case of weather delays, 50K / *G or above are entitled to free accommodation on virtually any overnight delay.

Best bet is to not "approve" this change, set a seat alert for 7528, and if it goes Y2 in the next 8 weeks, call in to rebook right away.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks @YOWgary. It was Y4 when I wrote that post though and the agent would not budge. She would not even escalate as she said that it would not help.

I actually got them to rebook me PVR - YVR - YOW which again involves an overnight. Nobody said anything about a free hotel though ... although I don't care that much to get back on the phone for another 40 minute call.

As a Canadian I am allowed to leave the secure area of the airport in YVR to go to a hotel right? I cannot find any definitive information out there about overnight connections and self isolation.

I have set a watch on 7528 on EF to see if it changes and then I can switch back to the same day connection.

Also I am not Rouged anymore - so that is a blessing.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by dr_torch
As a Canadian I am allowed to leave the secure area of the airport in YVR to go to a hotel right? I cannot find any definitive information out there about overnight connections and self isolation.
Yes.

I've been bugging CBSA, the airports and airlines and Public Health Canada about more clearly publishing this information for months, and if anything they've made the published information LESS clear.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: *$ Green
If you suffer a schedule change or irop, you're entitled to be rebooked in the same cabin in the same or higher inventory bucket (so up to Y).

HUCA.

​​​​​
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
If you suffer a schedule change or irop, you're entitled to be rebooked in the same cabin in the same or higher inventory bucket (so up to Y).

HUCA.

​​​​​
Same response from a second agent. No matter what cannot go from Flex -> Latitude. Now waiting on a callback from a supervisor.

After I go though all this, they will probably cancel the PVR - YYZ flight next month LOL
Old Nov 13, 2020, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Just to let you know - I had a manager call me around 8pm last night who had no issues placing me into Y for the YYZ - YOW flight. Apparently it's easy when you speak to the right people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.