Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Dear Super Elites,

In typical Air Canada fashion, FAs still have ZERO idea about this perk. As such, you will need to be proactive about this perk if you want to benefit from it. There is a very high likelihood that you will not be offered anything if you do not inquire.

Be prepared to be met with a big fat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yyzn.

Print Wikipost

Air Canada Super Elite members will receive complimentary in-flight refreshments

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Any recent experiences with this?
It seems like there's a normalization period of about a decade before benefits like this are widely known by staff/crew.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
I have had to awkwardly ask for it every single time, as recently as 3 days ago.

Feel like a total DYKWIA every time. Hate it. But don’t hate it as much as paying for the drink.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 3:59 pm

Fun thread. I quit drinking 5 1/2 years ago. Interesting to think that I would probably have stressed about the issue, but to me now, it's a nothing thing. (-;
Old Feb 15, 2022, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyckerr
I have had to awkwardly ask for it every single time, as recently as 3 days ago.

Feel like a total DYKWIA every time. Hate it. But don’t hate it as much as paying for the drink.
Were these on mainline transcons?

Any experience having the alcoholic beverage substituted for a second snack?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Were these on mainline transcons?

Any experience having the alcoholic beverage substituted for a second snack?
Yes they were.

I haven’t experimented with a second snack request. I shall do so next week and report back.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyckerr
Yes they were.

I haven’t experimented with a second snack request. I shall do so next week and report back.
please do
if I'm awake and lucid, I will try to ask. My flight is showing super sparse in Y so I just might be able to feel comfortable enough to konk out, but I guess I'm at the mercy of a self-upgrade taking the seat next to me, or a last minute purchaser of the seat next to me.

it will be an early morning flight, so not interested in alcohol, but wouldn't mind doubling up on the BOB snacks.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Another brilliantly rolled out benefit

On ACr 1643 from MIA to YYZ and none of the crew knew anything about the benefit. They kept checking the PIL but of course nothing was indicated on it. I ended up just paying for my drink and snack.

Another flight. Another email to Customer Relations.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Benner
On ACr 1643 from MIA to YYZ and none of the crew knew anything about the benefit. They kept checking the PIL but of course nothing was indicated on it. I ended up just paying for my drink and snack.

Do you have a spreadsheet with dozens of 10% off "we messed up" codes?
Benner likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Fun thread. I quit drinking 5 1/2 years ago. Interesting to think that I would probably have stressed about the issue, but to me now, it's a nothing thing. (-;
@InTheAirGuy
As per the wiki comments as well as many others in the thread, the issue is AC's offer versus the ability of their frontline employees to deliver on it - without making excuses or pretending they don't know a pax is a SE (or any of the other classifications on the list in the in-flight service guide where a benefit is shown). It's not about the drink or the snack (well, it is if I can't get both cashews AND a Kit Kat as my bennie. )

It's the same reason we have "trust issues" when AC offers a promo with double SQx.
vernonc likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Obtained the Bottega and cashews today on SFO-YVR without incident. FA didn't know I was SE, but didn't ask to see a BP when I ordered.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Benner
Originally Posted by p106_peppy
Do you have a spreadsheet with dozens of 10% off "we messed up" codes?
We tried getting Y buy on board last week as SE, but since our upgrades had cleared from flex to J, we were turned down. We were asked to wait a 4 hours and then our J seats would include a free arrival meal

Has anyone seen generosity from Customer service for such 10% or higher promo codes? I have 40k miles of travel I may need to book for 3 people in the next couple days. If AC is responding quickly to give them out for service failures, perhaps I should mail about a recent (but not unusual) issue.

Last edited by expert7700; Feb 25, 2022 at 9:50 pm
Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
Obtained the Bottega and cashews today on SFO-YVR without incident. FA didn't know I was SE, but didn't ask to see a BP when I ordered.
So how did the FA know you didn't have to pay?
maybe the SD told them?
streetcircusdan likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
So how did the FA know you didn't have to pay?
maybe the SD told them?
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

The FA said "Let me get the machine" and I told them I was SE- he said "Oh no problem, thanks for letting me know."

Fortunately, had the same crew from YVR-YWG, so he recognized me there and asked if I wanted the same thing again.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
On AC 557 yesterday my upgrade did not clear (another story of e-up weirdness) so I was in the back with a CO fare.
Originally Posted by Bohemian1

The FA initially tried to charge me for a requested drink, so I showed her the Comfort Fare info on the bottom of the menu card. After that, she said that her SD didn't tell her that there were any CO fares in the Y cabin (or SEs for that matter, although not relevant to this thread) and she did not have the PIL. I suggested that I could show her my boarding pass, which I did.

She seemed confused by the boarding pass layout, so I had to point out where it said ECO/COMFORT/CONFORT. She said that they keep changing the boarding passes so wasn't sure where to look.

The entire transaction was brief, polite, and I got what I wanted in the end. But it's still slightly sad that we have to occasionally educate the cabin crew about the companies 'perks'.

Responding in this thread...

Did you also get the SE drink/snack?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:42 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs

Responding in this thread...

Did you also get the SE drink/snack?
I did ask, but all I got back was a confused stare.

Ms. Boh gave me her drink anyway since she was driving when we got to YVR.
yyznomad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.