Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:18 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Maybe something different like training on seat operation or other (obvious and not obvious) differences to regular XM cabins would provide enough rationale for this?
Safety briefing is the same... Is there much training needed to do a reset on the seat or whatever? I don't think there are any other differences.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 5:15 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Safety briefing is the same... Is there much training needed to do a reset on the seat or whatever? I don't think there are any other differences.
I would think that any special training for Jetz FAs probably revolves around proper interaction etiquette with guests/passengers. You know, dont ask for selfies with the hockey players and this sort of thing.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jasdou
I would think that any special training for Jetz FAs probably revolves around proper interaction etiquette with guests/passengers. You know, dont ask for selfies with the hockey players and this sort of thing.
There's some of that, but that's not really necessary for the current flights that can be booked by any old FOTSG, or even bottom-feeder SEs
Old Dec 21, 2020, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC SE
There's some of that, but that's not really necessary for the current flights that can be booked by any old FOTSG, or even bottom-feeder SEs
100% agree. Most of us arent considered high value customers by AC but the folks who usually fly Jetz in normal time definitely are so right now I guess they could staff these planes with regular FAs.

Some insights into how UA does this: https://liveandletsfly.com/united-ai...arter-lawsuit/
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
100% agree. Most of us arent considered high value customers by AC but the folks who usually fly Jetz in normal time definitely are so right now I guess they could staff these planes with regular FAs.
You would think so, but apparently not. It's probably less work to crew a Jetz flight than a mainline 319 config with over 2x as many seats, so I can easily see the crew on the Jetz list fighting to preserve that particular perk.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 6:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
You would think so, but apparently not. It's probably less work to crew a Jetz flight than a mainline 319 config with over 2x as many seats, so I can easily see the crew on the Jetz list fighting to preserve that particular perk.
From what little I know of Jetz it sounds like the meals and service is customized around the teams specific requirements. I guess if your feeding high performance athletes there are probably specific things the team is looking for. More of the service is plated at the seat vrs pre-plated. Operating out of an FBO (including airports not normally served by AC) there are probably different procedures around aircraft checks and provisioning. Security out of an FBO is also quite different. No gate agent to print paperwork etc.

It sounds like for the teams the aircraft is a "safe place" for the players away from fans and reporters. After the game they head to the airport. Sometimes they do the meal service pre-departure while still on the ground and things are still getting packed up.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Fiordland
From what little I know of Jetz it sounds like the meals and service is customized around the teams specific requirements.
Right, but at the moment, these are just regular AC mainline flights, essentially, so that special training isn't applicable.
Fiordland likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
The only thing I would add is we got a special briefing about the “brace” positions sitting in the “Club” seating arrangement. Not sure if this is standard training for all crew or ??
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jlisi984
The only thing I would add is we got a special briefing about the brace positions sitting in the Club seating arrangement. Not sure if this is standard training for all crew or ??
You also get a special briefing in row 13 on a bunch of the Dash-8s. It applies to any non-standard seat.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by jlisi984
The only thing I would add is we got a special briefing about the brace positions sitting in the Club seating arrangement. Not sure if this is standard training for all crew or ??
Were you able to select those before the flight, or were you able to move after talking to the gate or an FA on-board? And how was the flight?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
So who is doing another Jetz soon?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:18 pm

I was going to say probably no one, since today was the last day on the schedule posted at the beginning of this thread, but they added a bunch more flights, out to January 10.

I see they're doing another YYC-YVR on Saturday. I'll check the cost, maybe I should do another turn.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Just flew down YVR-PVR on Monday on Jetz. I loved it. Only 12 pax on plane. They had to ask people to move to back for weight and balance for take off. There was wifi. iPads handed out for IFE. And even a hot meal! Crew were super friendly and lovely! Would love to do it again.

also I got seat 12A so I had 4 top table to myself. Great to spread out my meal and laptop and iPad.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by philelite
Only 12 pax on plane. They had to ask people to move to back for weight and balance for take off.
Interesting, I don't remember hearing of W&B moves on a 319 before...

also I got seat 12A so I had 4 top table to myself. Great to spread out my meal and laptop and iPad.
Nice. Were you able to select it in advance?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by philelite
Just flew down YVR-PVR on Monday on Jetz. I loved it. Only 12 pax on plane. They had to ask people to move to back for weight and balance for take off. There was wifi. iPads handed out for IFE. And even a hot meal! Crew were super friendly and lovely! Would love to do it again.

nice - got pics of the Jetz meal?
what was available on the iPad?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.