FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2027298-ac-jetz-all-business-class-aircraft-appearing-popular-sunspot-routes.html)

yyznomad Dec 18, 2020 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 32896273)
Bragging about scoring J for less than the price of Y? I would brag about that, and I'm not a non-flying person (bottom-feeder SE though I might be).

But this is not.
They would be bragging about a larger seat that happens to be a J seat. Still get Y service.

I'd brag if I got real J with J service.

Bohemian1 Dec 18, 2020 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 32896163)
All of row 11 and 12 were unavailable for seat selection when I checked. Will see what it's like once I get on the plane.

Fingers crossed they don't downguage you to a Q400. :D

yyznomad Dec 18, 2020 8:18 pm

I like how AC1234 shows an airplane logo instead of the mainline or Jazz roundels on the AC website, and showing as "Business Class" only.
Has that "mysterious" feeling!

mileageking Dec 18, 2020 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 32896163)

All of row 11 and 12 were unavailable for seat selection when I checked. Will see what it's like once I get on the plane.

They may always have them blocked unless requested. Maybe check with gate agent or ask request FA to change seat once onboard.

yyznomad Dec 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking (Post 32896363)
They may always have them blocked unless requested. Maybe check with gate agent or ask request FA to change seat once onboard.

Wouldn't SEs have dibs though?

Adam Smith Dec 18, 2020 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking (Post 32896363)

Only 18 booked at the moment, so should be plenty of empty seats. If those seats are empty, I'll just move there. Never had any issues from an FA/SD moving around an empty cabin (staying in the same cabin, of course).

mileageking Dec 18, 2020 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 32896368)
Wouldn't SEs have dibs though?

Well Mr Smith is an SE and he worst case can pull the FT moderator card if needed :D

yyznomad Dec 18, 2020 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking (Post 32896381)
Well Mr Smith is an SE and he worst case can pull the FT moderator card if needed :D

That would be called the FlyerTalk ShotGun or FlyerTalk SeatGrab (FTSG) rule for Jetz aircraft seat selection.

MillennialMiles Dec 18, 2020 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking (Post 32896381)

That's if the FA/SD know what FT is....some look at you funny when you tell them

yyznomad Dec 18, 2020 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles (Post 32896460)
some look at you funny when you tell them

That's when they know what FT is.

Adam Smith Dec 18, 2020 9:25 pm

When I saw pictures of the Jetz aircraft interiors before, I could have sworn they were just the standard narrowbody J seats, but these are much nicer. All leather seats, electric controls for recline etc. Have they always been like this, or is it new?

yyznomad Dec 18, 2020 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 32896489)
When I saw pictures of the Jetz aircraft interiors before, I could have sworn they were just the standard narrowbody J seats, but these are much nicer. All leather seats, electric controls for recline etc. Have they always been like this, or is it new?

youre taking pics right?

mileageking Dec 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 32896489)

PoT posted photos and video back on June 1st which shows leather and electric controls. Was your seat similar to what's shown in these photos/video?

Review: Air Canada Jetz A319 Toronto to Montreal | Prince of Travel

Adam Smith Dec 18, 2020 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 32896519)
youre taking pics right?

I can if you want.

Originally Posted by mileageking (Post 32896521)
PoT posted photos and video back on June 1st which shows leather and electric controls. Was your seat similar to what's shown in these photos/video?

Review: Air Canada Jetz A319 Toronto to Montreal | Prince of Travel

They're the same as that. Hadn't read that when he posted it. I recall going to it and seeing that it was a ridiculously lengthy trip report full of irrelevant, generic junk and not bothering to read it. But I'm talking about pics from years ago. These seats look quite new and very little worn (even considering the lighter usage of Jetz aircraft), so at minimum I'd guess they've been reupholstered fairly recently.

yyznomad Dec 18, 2020 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 32896532)
I can if you want.

Yeah and post them here.
Ill start a wiki.