Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

Old Oct 28, 20, 5:24 pm

Programs: Former AC*E, WorldPerks, Air Miles
Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
I'd pay for a Intl Jetz J flight if it was to/from YYC. Until quarantine is relaxed at other airports Jetz J isn't going to sway my decision making. I'm also going to assume that it's Paid J (or P,Z,D,C) only for these flights and no eups.
It doesn't appear the quarantine changes are impacting AC's plans for YYC service (yet).
Old Oct 29, 20, 8:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
I can't imagine any reason at any positive price to fly to YYC in any class, even without the socially responsible self isolation on arrival and return.

​​​​
mileageking and Jumper Jack like this.

Last edited by RangerNS; Oct 29, 20 at 8:44 pm
Old Nov 11, 20, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
I was planning to travel Dec 28 from Vancouver to Puerto Vallarta on regular flight in economy, returning on Jan 4. Both flights have now been canceled by Air Canada and replaced with a new flight that is all business class (Jetz). I called Air Canada to see what they would do for me and they say my only options are to fly indirect through Toronto, turning my 5 hour direct flight into 20 hours with connections, or else fly a different day. I cannot fly a different day without missing my Christmas plans with my family or else missing my non-refundable hotel reservation in PV. The agent on the phone offered me the option to buy-up to business class for $650, but that was more than the price of my original ticket and why should I have to pay double now that they’ve made this change? There’s not even an option to get a refund, only a future travel credit. I think my New Years plans might be ruined now.
Old Nov 11, 20, 8:28 pm

I'm seeing connections in YVR both ways on the days you want to travel.
$715 down and $731 back. Jetz to/from YVR
Old Nov 11, 20, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by tracon View Post
I'm seeing connections in YVR both ways on the days you want to travel.
$715 down and $731 back. Jetz to/from YVR
I'm pretty sure philelite meant that $650 was more than he paid for his round-trip Y ticket.

So $1446 round-trip isn't exactly a bargain.

"Hey we know you paid $400 for your trip departing at date/time X returning at date/time Y. We still have flights departing at X and returning at Y, but you're now going to have to travel on a different date for a non-stop, or connect through YYZ. Otherwise, you can pay us an ADCOL of more than your original fare if you want to fly on the dates/times you booked. And yes, those non-stop flights are still available at the same times, we're just require you to pay our post-purchase price increase. And because of COVID, if you say no, there's no refund."
dr_torch, YOWgary and Adam Smith like this.
Old Nov 12, 20, 12:09 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by philelite View Post
I was planning to travel Dec 28 from Vancouver to Puerto Vallarta on regular flight in economy, returning on Jan 4. Both flights have now been canceled by Air Canada and replaced with a new flight that is all business class (Jetz). I called Air Canada to see what they would do for me and they say my only options are to fly indirect through Toronto, turning my 5 hour direct flight into 20 hours with connections, or else fly a different day. I cannot fly a different day without missing my Christmas plans with my family or else missing my non-refundable hotel reservation in PV. The agent on the phone offered me the option to buy-up to business class for $650, but that was more than the price of my original ticket and why should I have to pay double now that they’ve made this change? There’s not even an option to get a refund, only a future travel credit. I think my New Years plans might be ruined now.
Pretty awful behaviour from AC. If they had changed the original flight to Jetz and given everyone booked on it a free upgrade, then charged the new price to anyone wanting to book it going forward, no problem. But what they're doing to you is just dirty.
Old Nov 12, 20, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC*100K, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Pretty awful behaviour from AC. If they had changed the original flight to Jetz and given everyone booked on it a free upgrade, then charged the new price to anyone wanting to book it going forward, no problem. But what they're doing to you is just dirty.
The aeroplan points (for Dec 28) have also increased significantly since they cancelled the 319 with economy seating. I booked two seats on the Jetz flight on November 9 for 23,900 each (from yxe). Today they want 51,000 points per ticket but the cash price of the ticket has not changed significantly.

Last edited by dinotoon; Nov 12, 20 at 6:10 pm
Old Nov 13, 20, 8:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Easy come, easy go. Tried to book one of these new flights. Already cancelled and removed from the schedule.
Old Nov 13, 20, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
They added YYC PHX apparently (not showing on EF) as well as YYC YVR (noticed this while looking for flights on UA award search), removing a bunch of others. The map and description show one thing, but the schedule is completely different. https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...nada-jetz.html

My booked flight YVR PVR (very likely going to be cancelled by me if not AC) has 0 seats selected in C. While that's not a great indicator, it's pretty telling. I mean, who in their right mind expected YVR PVR to be a market that would fill up a full A319 in C-only config?!
Old Nov 13, 20, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Plat/Lifetime Gold, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat
Time for another party plane thread?
Old Nov 13, 20, 11:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by jlisi984 View Post
They added YYC PHX apparently (not showing on EF) as well as YYC YVR
Hmm, maybe I'll have a chance to fly one after all...

C-only config
You spend too much time in Europe; it's J-only. Besides, if it were C-only, it would just be a bunch of crappy blocked middle seats
dr_torch, bcnfish and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 9, 20, 2:01 pm

FWIW, it's possible to see one or two days in advance on which routes these aircraft are being subbed in:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/c-gbhn
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/c-gbia

Last edited by jlisi984; Dec 9, 20 at 9:02 pm Reason: wrong a/c linked
Old Dec 9, 20, 8:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
We are booked for yyz-cun on the 20th on the Jetz319
jlisi984 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 20, 3:17 pm

So, the first flights have been operated successfully. I had my doubts they would ever actually operate.

Interestingly, C-GBIA is scheduled for a YEG-YVR tomorrow, and as usual they are selling Y-only (very empty still). OTOH C-GBHN is scheduled for YUL-YYZ AC405 on Wednesday and it's being sold as J-only... That's pretty unusual.

Edit to add: C-GBIK has been returned to service. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/c-gbik
Old Dec 14, 20, 4:40 pm

Colour me surprised, but perusing seat maps on upcoming flights, these flights seem to be much more popular than I expected. I guess there's pent-up demand? Maybe vacation packages? Not sure really, but it's crazy to see four YUL-FLL flights on one day, with one operated by 333 (arguably better, though not as exotic, J-class experience), and still see 46 out of 58 seats selected on the Jetz flight!

Keep in mind that beyond the few that redeemed miles at bargain/fixed prices, people paid business-class prices or lots of miles for these flights. I'm not talking load on a DH4 here... Obviously the returns (especially the early ones, the first rotations to PVR/BGI/CUN) are very empty, but the outbounds in some cases are nearly full. Selling 46 business class seats on one flight is rather impressive!

Here's some stats (yes, only based on seat map), out of total capacity of 58 seats, return occupancy in brackets:
YUL BGI Dec 16: 28 [0]
YUL FLL Dec 18: 46 [1]
YYZ PBI Dec 18: 34 [0]
YVR PVR Dec 18: 18 [0]
YVR YYC Dec 18: 12
YYC YVR Dec 19: 2
YUL FLL Dec 19: 37 [1]
YYC PHX Dec 19: 13 [0]
YYZ YLW Dec 19: 20 [1]
YUL FLL Dec 20: 33 [2]
YYZ CUN Dec 20: 24 [2] (nb: the other CUN YYZ AC flight is J1...)
YUL FLL Dec 21: 18 [2]
YYZ BGI Dec 21: 7 [0]
YVR PVR Dec 21: 7 [0]
...and so on.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: