Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

AC Jetz all-business class aircraft appearing on popular Sunspot routes

Old Dec 24, 2020, 12:29 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
It looks like the YYC-YVR Jetz flight on the 26th is now being sold as AC201 (previously AC1235), and they're selling it all as Y. It doesn't say operated by Jetz, but it's clearly a Jetz seat map. Rows 11 and 12 all selectable.

It's interesting, yesterday it was also AC201, but it was being sold as all J, and they were charging a premium over the other flights that day.

Right now, pricing is in line with Y pricing for other flights that day.

What a pleasant surprise that will be for anyone who bought a Y seat on that flight!

Either way, it's a 6:45AM departure, and I don't really feel like getting up that early (or paying such a high price in dollars or points), so I'm going to pass
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
It looks like the YYC-YVR Jetz flight on the 26th is now being sold as AC201 (previously AC1235), and they're selling it all as Y. It doesn't say operated by Jetz, but it's clearly a Jetz seat map. Rows 11 and 12 all selectable.

It's interesting, yesterday it was also AC201, but it was being sold as all J, and they were charging a premium over the other flights that day.

Right now, pricing is in line with Y pricing for other flights that day.

What a pleasant surprise that will be for anyone who bought a Y seat on that flight!

Either way, it's a 6:45AM departure, and I don't really feel like getting up that early (or paying such a high price in dollars or points), so I'm going to pass
Is it possible that this will be serviced as Y if sold as actual Y?

I remember back in pre-XM days when we got a Jetz aircraft swapped in, the flight number didn't change to a special Jetz number or anything, and it was all Y service.

Probably not the same in this case, but just curious.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Possible, sure. Probably even likely. But it's YYC-YVR, but like people would be missing out on much.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Possible, sure. Probably even likely. But it's YYC-YVR, but like people would be missing out on much.
When I flew on a Jetz aircraft, I always got a happy landing.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 10:39 am

Interestingly, that Jetz flight tomorrow is booked 43/58, but I don't think there was a single seat selected when I posted that last update.

When I flew on a Jetz aircraft, I always got a happy landing.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interestingly, that Jetz flight tomorrow is booked 43/58, but I don't think there was a single seat selected when I posted that last update.
maybe it's a zone 1 first come, first served free for all!
Old Dec 25, 2020, 12:55 pm

maybe it's a zone 1 first come, first served free for all!
Rush seating seems kind of contrary to the premium image of Jetz though, doesn't it?
Old Dec 25, 2020, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rush seating seems kind of contrary to the premium image of Jetz though, doesn't it?
They've already cheapened the cabin with their Y-cabin fares anyway on AC201!
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat

I remember back in pre-XM days when we got a Jetz aircraft swapped in, the flight number didn't change to a special Jetz number or anything, and it was all Y service.

Probably not the same in this case, but just curious.
I am assuming in the first week of January this will all come to an end in that it looks like the NHL has come to agreement with the health authorities for the Canadian teams to play out of their home stadiums.

These birds will soon return to flying players back and forth across the country. Perhaps AC is starting to phase out the program by moving to all economy so it start to sub other aircraft more easily.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Fiordland
I am assuming in the first week of January this will all come to an end in that it looks like the NHL has come to agreement with the health authorities for the Canadian teams to play out of their home stadiums.

These birds will soon return to flying players back and forth across the country. Perhaps AC is starting to phase out the program by moving to all economy so it start to sub other aircraft more easily.
The current Jetz schedule goes out until January 10, so they're fine for that.

With teams travelling a lot less than usual though, I wonder whether the aircraft will just sit around on the ground (even more than usual) or whether AC will try to squeeze in a few more revenue turns on them.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
The current Jetz schedule goes out until January 10, so they're fine for that.

With teams travelling a lot less than usual though, I wonder whether the aircraft will just sit around on the ground (even more than usual) or whether AC will try to squeeze in a few more revenue turns on them.
The 10th sounds reasonable. Not certain if there is any reconfiguration to do or not.

The 12th is Vancouver in Edmonton and Montreal in Toronto
The 13th is Vancouver in Edmonton and Calgary in Winnipeg
The 14th is Toronto in Ottawa

Sounds like they need one aircraft in the West and one in the East. All the flying looks to be domestic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.