TATL routes in 2021

Old Oct 23, 20, 10:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Silly question but is UK allowing Canadians?
Old Oct 23, 20, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes View Post
You would need to isolate for 14 days. I'm not sure if entry is even permitted.
Guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...avel-corridors
Old Oct 25, 20, 11:56 am

Programs: Hilton Gold - Air Canada 25K
yeah toruism is allowed in the uk after the 14 day's americans can also do the same. hopefully by the new year we are on the EU good side again.
Old Oct 25, 20, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
yeah I have been looking into It as I have a trip to Bulgaria booked in feb.

Bulgaria still shows no quarantine at all for Canadians. UK requires the 14-day quarantine if you visit.

I booked a trip with an overnight near LHR so I will need to complete the online UK government form before arrival and then quarantine at the hotel for night, no biggie as hotels there have room service so easy.

I booked LHR-YYC on the return, fingers crossed that that flight operates so I can do the testing in YYC upon arrival and skip the 14-day quarantine with the newly announced test program here in AB!!
Old Oct 25, 20, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by whitethunder View Post
yeah I have been looking into It as I have a trip to Bulgaria booked in feb.

Bulgaria still shows no quarantine at all for Canadians. UK requires the 14-day quarantine if you visit.

I booked a trip with an overnight near LHR so I will need to complete the online UK government form before arrival and then quarantine at the hotel for night, no biggie as hotels there have room service so easy.

I booked LHR-YYC on the return, fingers crossed that that flight operates so I can do the testing in YYC upon arrival and skip the 14-day quarantine with the newly announced test program here in AB!!
Your asking for Feb, countries close in a matter of one week See Hungary or CZ
Old Oct 25, 20, 3:35 pm

I guess the routes that AC never stopped flying would be the best to look at to protect yourself against AC taking your money and cancelling the flight anyway

Presumably these had enough cargo/diplomats/'essential travellers'/dual citizens to run economically. Dunno about the AC side, but KLM never stopped flying YYZ-AMS daily this year.
Old Oct 28, 20, 9:24 am

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes View Post
14 day isolation required. Plus another 14 days when you return to Canada.
Old Oct 30, 20, 11:18 pm

Programs: Too Many
Originally Posted by whitethunder View Post
Careful what you wish for...excellent article today points out
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...g-prospective/

"Simply taking a test will not ensure a shorter quarantine period. A positive result, contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, an unacceptable quarantine plan, or showing COVID-19 symptoms would put paid to that."

Rather, likely little incremental TATL capacity, especially to Western Canada instead focus primarily over YUL/YYZ hubs.
Old Oct 31, 20, 6:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

Exclamation

Let's please confine the discussion to possible AC TATL routes in 2021 and leave other tangential matters for discussion in other thread and/or forums.

tcook052
AC forum moderator

Search this Thread
Search Engine: