Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can't book Thai flight with Turkish flights

Old Sep 20, 20, 5:21 pm
CG
Original Poster

I see plenty of availability from BKK to KUL or SGN on Thai. There is plenty of room on Turkish from KUL or SGN to IAD. The connections are all reasonable, 2-3 hours. But Aeroplan (or United) won't show me an itinerary that includes Thai in the first leg and Turkish in the second two legs. It shows me lots of other far longer, more circuitous flights with 3 legs and reverses (i.e. fly from BKK to Europe to Chicago then back to IAD) with other airline combinations. And United allows me to set it up as a multi-leg trip, although it charges me as if I'd booked separate legs, so clearly it's a legal itinerary. Anyone else seen anything like this and have any tips? Thanks.
Old Sep 20, 20, 10:10 pm

Can you see the combination on Google Flights (cash fare)? looks like yes from your 1st sentence
or under Aeroplan (multi-city) if you force the stop?

I'm not even sure if Thai (TG) is flying, I thought they're bankrupt or in protection

worst case, call AP agent and book for $30 (if even possible)
Old Sep 20, 20, 10:49 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by jerryhung View Post
I'm not even sure if Thai (TG) is flying, I thought they're bankrupt or in protection
They're trying to reorganize through a bankruptcy process, but that doesn't mean they're not flying (remember that AC operated largely as normal during its own insolvency, as did the US3 and a bunch of other airlines down there). They're presumably flying an extremely limited schedule at the moment, but here's a flight from BKK to NRT that landed a few hours ago.

That being said, they do have an extra layer of financial uncertainty layered over top the COVID-related uncertainty that every airline is suffering at the moment, so unless the flights are very soon, I don't know that I'd go to much trouble to try to book any flights with them. Especially if the $30 phone booking fee was required, since that's non-refundable in the reasonably likely event the flight is cancelled.
Old Sep 21, 20, 6:55 am
CG
Original Poster

Sorry I should have mentioned this is for a flight in July of 2021. And yes, the schedule is there. If they're out of business by then or not isn't the point of my question, I fully understand that risk.
Old Sep 21, 20, 9:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I see plenty of availability from BKK to KUL or SGN on Thai. There is plenty of room on Turkish from KUL or SGN to IAD. The connections are all reasonable, 2-3 hours. But Aeroplan (or United) won't show me an itinerary that includes Thai in the first leg and Turkish in the second two legs. It shows me lots of other far longer, more circuitous flights with 3 legs and reverses (i.e. fly from BKK to Europe to Chicago then back to IAD) with other airline combinations. And United allows me to set it up as a multi-leg trip, although it charges me as if I'd booked separate legs, so clearly it's a legal itinerary. Anyone else seen anything like this and have any tips? Thanks.
Every month TG cancels one month schedule. July 2021 will possibly be cancelled in May 2021. AE is probably trying to avoid a likely rerouting.
Old Sep 22, 20, 11:34 am
CG
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ulyparis View Post
Every month TG cancels one month schedule. July 2021 will possibly be cancelled in May 2021. AE is probably trying to avoid a likely rerouting.
No, they're allowing plenty of itineraries on those same dates that include Thai economy class as the first leg to Europe, for example or even the first leg to Beijing in J. Just won't allow it in conjunction with Turkish follow-on legs.
Old Sep 23, 20, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by CG View Post
No, they're allowing plenty of itineraries on those same dates that include Thai economy class as the first leg to Europe, for example or even the first leg to Beijing in J. Just won't allow it in conjunction with Turkish follow-on legs.
Probably one of those things you will need to call in to get sorted out.

If an agent can't put this together though, at least they may be able to give you a reason as to why not.
Old Sep 23, 20, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Is the issue that you can't book them, or that the online search doesn't return the result? Those are two very different problems.
Adam Smith likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: