Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

TD/CIBC Aeroplan Visa promo - 10x miles on ac.com

Old Sep 16, 20, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Could be attractive for some people willing to book travel. Just got this in my email earlier today.

Earn 10 AP miles for every $1 spent on any eligible purchase made at aircanada.com, when you pay using your TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Credit Card.1 This is in addition to your current earn rate.

Save 15% on all base fares when you use your special promo code by September 30, 2020, for travel by June 15, 2021.2
Old Sep 16, 20, 1:30 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC Tangerine
Perfect timing for me. I had booked some affordable J fares ex AMS over the next few months. Was able to cancel them in the 24 hour window and rebook this way.
Old Sep 16, 20, 1:51 pm

Programs: Altitude, World of Hyatt
Considering waiting until the end of the month and perhaps cancel my Aeroplan tickets to Europe in November and purchasing tickets instead. Would like to see what Air Canada's schedule looks like in November before making a decision. With the low loads I have a feeling burning off some e-upgrades won't be an issue. Feels like a good promotion.
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Near as I can tell same offer from CIBC today as well.
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC E35K
Got this for my Aeroplan Amex as well. Similar terms.
Old Sep 16, 20, 5:47 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Viporter Priority
Got the same for Amex as well
but I was looking at specific flights in November a few days ago. And surprisingly, the prices today for the same flights with the 15% discount are the same than those a few days ago (YYZ YUL) with no discount... Not impressed would be a polite way of describing my reaction
Old Sep 16, 20, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by mapleric View Post
Got the same for Amex as well
but I was looking at specific flights in November a few days ago. And surprisingly, the prices today for the same flights with the 15% discount are the same than those a few days ago (YYZ YUL) with no discount... Not impressed would be a polite way of describing my reaction
So if I don't have a card, I should wait until October before booking any flights.
Old Sep 16, 20, 8:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Gold, Accor Diamond
Will this 10x promo work for gift cards and/or flight passes?
Old Sep 17, 20, 3:51 am

Programs: AC E75K
AC should give me 10x Aeroplan miles for all those cancelled flight credits I’m sitting on right now instead of asking me to give them more money.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 5:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by jasdou View Post
AC should give me 10x Aeroplan miles for all those cancelled flight credits I’m sitting on right now instead of asking me to give them more money.
Same here, every flight I book US to Canada gets cancelled (just got yesterday cancellation on my October 23 flight).

I now have to dual-book on AC and a US company because when AC cancels, prices are much higher on other carriers (and I will not book anymore on AC until they can have a more reliable schedule).
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 8:15 am

Give me a promo with 10x with no or decent cap on any purchases and we'll talk
Old Sep 18, 20, 10:14 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, Wyndham dimond, Amex Plat Cnd & USA, Canadian army vet, Yoga teacher.
I will probable buy a flight and when AC cancels it turn the credit into a UATP prepaid account. giving me 10X miles for buying credit.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: