Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New Air Canada Infinite Canada Flight Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite

This press release from Air Canada landed in my inbox this morning. Plans start at $2,000/month for three months.

New Air Canada Infinite Canada Flight Pass Offers Customers Unrivalled Flexibility and Certainty for Domestic Travel

MONTREAL, Sept. 16, 2020 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada today introduced its new Infinite Canada Flight Pass, designed to give customers the ultimate in flexibility and certainty for booking travel within Canada. For one flat fee, pass holders will be able to book travel without blackout or booking restrictions, make changes or cancellations without penalty, and fly as often as desired for up to three months, depending on the duration of pass purchased.

"Air Canada recognizes that as air travel begins to return to normal customers want flexibility and certainty. Our new Infinite Canada Flight Pass provides both by enabling customers to easily book and change their travel plans without any blackout restrictions or change or cancellation fees, while locking in the price of their flights for up to three months with one flat fee. The pass also gives customers the option to choose which class of fare they desire -- Standard, Flex and Latitude -- and allows them to earn Altitude Qualifying Miles," said Lucie Guillemette, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer at Air Canada.

The Air Canada Infinite Canada Flight Pass will be available for purchase in Canada from September 16 to 23. Starting at a price of $2,000 per month (excluding taxes), passes are available for one, two or three months and customers can choose from three classes of service, Standard, Flex and Latitude. Features include:
  • Unlimited number of flights within Canada for one fixed price throughout the duration of the pass;
  • Customers are eligible to accumulate Altitude Qualifying Miles;
  • Travel can be booked up to one hour prior to the flight, with no blackout dates or booking restrictions;
  • No change or cancellation fees.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
That was interesting until I looked at the Latitude price, at $5250/month.

I also note that the "$2000" is "excluding taxes", an odd way to talk about FPs, so the cheapest you can actually buy is $2100/month.

Standard books into S as well, so it's not really interesting to me.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:49 am
Original Poster

I don't think the Flex price ($2825) is unreasonable, though obviously last minute Flex seats are hit or miss. The jump to Latitude is huge. How does this price fare (pun intended) against the more comparable Latitude FPs?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by andrewlawton
I don't think the Flex price ($2825) is unreasonable, though obviously last minute Flex seats are hit or miss. The jump to Latitude is huge. How does this price fare (pun intended) against the more comparable Latitude FPs?
Yeah Flex M is pretty good actually. It was relatively rare for me to have issues with M space when I used Flex passes.

It's hard to compare. If you need YVR-YYZ, there are cheaper options. If you need YVR-YYT, this is cheaper than other passes.

Flex starts at 2625/month by the way, you must be looking at Ontario.

I wonder if I could actually get good value out of a Flex pass, given my eUp situation. Does the clock start when you purchase, or can you start it later? Sep 23 is right before I'd enter a 14 day quarantine.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I wonder if I could actually get good value out of a Flex pass, given my eUp situation.
I don’t have quite the number of eUps you do but even then I have more than I need and have gotten my requests cleared on every flight since the pandemic.

Your question about when the clock starts is an interesting one. Let us know if you get an answer please!
Old Sep 16, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: AC*A

I wonder if I could actually get good value out of a Flex pass, given my eUp situation. Does the clock start when you purchase, or can you start it later? Sep 23 is right before I'd enter a 14 day quarantine.
Per T&Cs, clock starts at purchase sadly
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
How does the MM program work with this flight pass?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
How does the MM program work with this flight pass?
What do you mean? The same as every pass?
lsquare and Adam Smith like this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I struggle to see how this is a worthwhile pass unless you really have a lot of flying to do over the next month. The mileage accrual on this is only fair and there are no AE miles awarded. 2 transcons would be a similar number of miles for likely less money plus the additional AE miles.

Have to give AC credit for continuing to be creative but I would suspect the uptake on this will be small.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:59 pm

"Valid for Air Canada, Air Canada Express® (Jazz Aviation LP), Air Canada Rouge® and certain tier-3 carriers (EVAS, CMA)."

Rouge will probably be grounded for the duration of the pass. Though tickets on RV are for sale at the moment.
Does CMA still do flying for AC?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
I struggle to see how this is a worthwhile pass unless you really have a lot of flying to do over the next month. The mileage accrual on this is only fair and there are no AE miles awarded. 2 transcons would be a similar number of miles for likely less money plus the additional AE miles.
The mileage accrual is identical to every unlimited pass. Every AQM earned from the pass is also an Aeroplan mile, and I believe (?) the Altitude bonus miles apply to this amount as well.

This is meant for people who have a lot of upcoming travel... as is every unlimited pass.

Nothing about the bookings or accumulation on this are different than any other FP they've offered, yet there seem to be several posts already asking questions about "this pass". This pass is the same as every other unlimited pass, except you can get 1 and 2 month options.

These specific fare offerings (TG/S, FL/M, LT/Y) may have never been offered with this region (Canada) at these specific prices.

But this is a regular unlimited FP, and everything about it is the same.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
If AQD was not an issue, would this be a good deal for mileage run? Example: 5x a week YYZ-YVR = 20,000 miles x4 weeks = 80,000AQM
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by GateGuardian
If AQD was not an issue, would this be a good deal for mileage run? Example: 5x a week YYZ-YVR = 20,000 miles x4 weeks = 80,000AQM
That is not how unlimited flight passes work.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
What do you mean? The same as every pass?
I'm asking as a newbie here. The way I understood the PR is that SQM is capped per month and based on the package that I buy. So basically no way to earn status on the cheap. Will MM count every flight that's flown with the flight pass? I'm assuming mileage calculation will be based on the fare class then?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm asking as a newbie here. The way I understood the PR is that SQM is capped per month and based on the package that I buy. So basically no way to earn status on the cheap. Will MM count every flight that's flown with the flight pass? I'm assuming mileage calculation will be based on the fare class then?
AQM/SQM is the monthly amount. MM is the same number. Aeroplan is the same number (plus any select privilege bonuses I believe).

Fare class and distance flown are completely irrelevant to any kind of unlimited flight pass earnings.
lsquare and Adam Smith like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.