Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New Air Canada Infinite Canada Flight Pass

New Air Canada Infinite Canada Flight Pass

Old Sep 16, 20, 3:09 pm

Programs: OZ, DL, AC, AS, AA, BA, Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
AQM/SQM is the monthly amount. MM is the same number. Aeroplan is the same number (plus any select privilege bonuses I believe).

Fare class and distance flown are completely irrelevant to any kind of unlimited flight pass earnings.
So basically if I buy the flex flight pass for 3 months, I'll get 30k SQM/MM for about ~$9k worth of spending and earn ~9k SQD?
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
So basically if I buy the flex flight pass for 3 months, I'll get 30k SQM/MM for about ~$9k worth of spending and earn ~9k SQD?
Here's what the T&C say for Qualifying Miles:
  • The amount of Altitude Qualifying Miles awarded with Unlimited Passes purchased at the Flex fare is 10,000 Altitude Qualifying Miles per month. Altitude Qualifying Miles will be credited to the purchaser's Aeroplan account within 3 weeks from date of purchase or upon successful payment.
  • No Altitude Qualifying Segments and no other Altitude Qualifying Miles, Aeroplan Miles or other airline frequent flyer / loyalty program miles will be awarded in conjunction with Unlimited Flight Passes
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K MM, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Plat, HH Diamond
Yes.

Originally Posted by YYCCL3 View Post
Here's what the T&C say for Qualifying Miles:
  • The amount of Altitude Qualifying Miles awarded with Unlimited Passes purchased at the Flex fare is 10,000 Altitude Qualifying Miles per month. Altitude Qualifying Miles will be credited to the purchaser's Aeroplan account within 3 weeks from date of purchase or upon successful payment.
  • No Altitude Qualifying Segments and no other Altitude Qualifying Miles, Aeroplan Miles or other airline frequent flyer / loyalty program miles will be awarded in conjunction with Unlimited Flight Passes
The second point is referring to the fact that flying YVR-YYZ in Flex M is not going to get you another 2078 miles. That bullet point is on EVERY unlimited FP.

This pass is not special, and there are countless threads on UFPs that explain all these details.
lsquare and Adam Smith like this.
Old Sep 16, 20, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Aeroplan is the same number (plus any select privilege bonuses I believe).
Correct, per yyznomad, who may have bought a UFP or two at some point.

Yes.
cow, jeez, GST/PST/HST doesn't count for AQD/SQD, so it's not $9K, it's $7.5K
lsquare and canadiancow like this.
Old Sep 16, 20, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K MM, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Correct, per yyznomad, who may have bought a UFP or two at some point.

cow, jeez, GST/PST/HST doesn't count for AQD/SQD, so it's not $9K, it's $7.5K
I don't know taxes. I assume you'd move to Alberta before purchase so you can pay less tax, and then it's still ~9k.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 20, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E50, Marriott Titanium
I can see that the AQM is a fixed amount (10,000 AQM per month), but how do unlimited flight passes work for lifetime status miles? Does it count as 10,000 miles towards Million Miler status, nothing, or distance flown?
Old Sep 16, 20, 9:24 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by gcashin View Post
I can see that the AQM is a fixed amount (10,000 AQM per month), but how do unlimited flight passes work for lifetime status miles? Does it count as 10,000 miles towards Million Miler status, nothing, or distance flown?
lsquare, gcashin and Adam Smith like this.
Old Sep 18, 20, 7:36 am

Unlimited misery for $2000CAD/Month

Wow! Such a deal. $2000CAD for unlimited Air Canada flights in economy. Free, zero-anesthetic root canals are included during each flight to highlight the 'experience'.
Old Sep 18, 20, 7:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Plat/Lifetime Gold, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by schelsr View Post
Wow! Such a deal. $2000CAD for unlimited Air Canada flights in economy. Free, zero-anesthetic root canals are included during each flight to highlight the 'experience'.
In gonna buy the flex pass for $2625 per month, 3 months. Normally I buy latitude passes but 3 months of this pass is just a little more $$$ than one month of the latitude pass I usually buy. I do have plenty of eupgrades, I won't be flying economy...
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by Nitehawk; Sep 18, 20 at 7:44 am
Old Sep 18, 20, 9:19 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
In gonna buy the flex pass for $2625 per month, 3 months. Normally I buy latitude passes but 3 months of this pass is just a little more $$$ than one month of the latitude pass I usually buy. I do have plenty of eupgrades, I won't be flying economy...
I'm quite tempted by the Flex pass, but with AC having finally ended the never-ending eUp promo, and having nuked the regular eUp chart quite some time ago, what the heck does it even cost of a TCON Flex eUp from M these days? I have 126 eUps, but if I really use this thing hard, even at 6 or 8 eUps (promo was 4), those could disappear quickly.
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Sep 18, 20, 10:08 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, Wyndham dimond, Amex Plat Cnd & USA, Canadian army vet, Yoga teacher.
I would buy this but my aeroplan is registered to my USA house. I have a month off work and was to go to Europe. I hope they run this promo again in Jan and open it up for all of north america or sell it to any one.
Old Sep 18, 20, 7:38 pm

Programs: Marriott rewards, Aeroplan/Altitude
To clarify. AQM are fixed each month ( 5k. 10k or 15k) regardless of number of flights. And... There are no AQD ?
Old Sep 18, 20, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by piperdown View Post
To clarify. AQM are fixed each month ( 5k. 10k or 15k) regardless of number of flights.
Yes.

And... There are no AQD ?
No, that's wrong. UFPs receive AQD for the pre-tax amount of the purchase. If you buy Flex for one month, AQD will be $2500.
Old Sep 19, 20, 4:27 pm

Programs: Marriott rewards, Aeroplan/Altitude
Tempted to get one month of latitude. It would push me from 35k to 50k status.

Although, I don't have to travel, so the pass would essentially be wasted.

But would put me in a better position ( status wise) for next year. ( If I can ever return to international travel. LOL ,)
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 19, 20, 5:48 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Well to be fair. This could actually be pretty good if you're willing to sleep at the airport and people don't kick you out.

I have my kids every other weekend. I would totally fly across the country and skip[ the air bnbs and sleep on the floor with my mask ON! LOL

Search this Thread
Search Engine: