Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: YYZ MLL access question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2020, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Question YYZ MLL access question

When I read the MLL Access blurb it says:Air Canada Signature Class and Business Class Ticket Holders
Enjoy Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge access as you wait for your Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada codeshare flight, or for a flight with one of our Star Alliance partners.
Kindly present a valid same-day ticket or boarding pass for an eligible flight (as indicated above) for you and your guests.

If I fly a same day roundtrip to YOW-YYZ-YSB-YYZ-YOW and upgrade on YOW-YYZ, would that give me MLL access in YYZ all day? Before the YSB flight and before the YOW flight? Assuming YOW MML isn't open for a while
Old Sep 9, 2020, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
No. First of all, eUpgrades (if that's the type of upgrade you're talking about) don't make you eligible for MLL access. You might be able to get in, but it would be against policy.

Second, you have access on departure, not arrival.

If you want access all day, buy a paid upgrade on YYZ-YOW and use that boarding pass both times.

Or let us know when your flight is, and maybe something can be worked out with Canada Post.
YYCNoob and Adam Smith like this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Originally Posted by canadiancow
No. First of all, eUpgrades (if that's the type of upgrade you're talking about) don't make you eligible for MLL access. You might be able to get in, but it would be against policy.

Second, you have access on departure, not arrival.

If you want access all day, buy a paid upgrade on YYZ-YOW and use that boarding pass both times.

Or let us know when your flight is, and maybe something can be worked out with Canada Post.

I would just pay $80 to upgrade on one of the legs.
But a paid upgrade gets you in for the day correct ?
If you read what it says in their website, says as long as you have a same day business class ticket, you have lounge access, nothing about e upgrades etc, but then again with AC there is always a catch.

Worst case I have star gold status via UA, but I am trying to make elite with AC since all my travel is domestic now. Was just curious .

Seems like both lounges in YOW will be closed.

My flights need to be before Oct 1 since all status challenges must be complete by then for the aeroplan change over. Havent booked yet but it’ll be a same day from Ottawa to either YXU YQG or YQT

Last edited by bcard519; Sep 9, 2020 at 4:42 pm Reason: Touchy phone
Old Sep 9, 2020, 6:00 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by bcard519
Worst case I have star gold status via UA, but I am trying to make elite with AC since all my travel is domestic now. Was just curious .
I don't think your United Gold number should have to be on your ticket. Just showing your United Gold status should get you in the lounge. I do the opposite in the United Club with my AC status often crediting to UA MP.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Yes, your UA Gold Status will get you in. Just show the UA card at entry.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
what card?

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Yes, your UA Gold Status will get you in. Just show the UA card at entry.
What card? UA has not iasued G* cards for 2 years!
Old Sep 18, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: AC E75K, MR/SPG Plat Ambassador, UA G
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
What card? UA has not iasued G* cards for 2 years!
UA MileagePlus Membership card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.