Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can't view booking on website due to travel voucher message

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Hi there! Long time reader, first time poster and all that...

I cancelled some flights back in March for a credit, and rebooked them by calling the call centre. I used all the credit up. All good, flights under original PNR, could see details on website and app (and can change seats on app with no problem).

But now when I check the website, all the options (like change flight, cancel etc) are greyed out. The flights aren't listed. There's a big banner saying 'The remaining value of your cancelled flight is ready to be transferred' with a big red 'Transfer the remaining value' button. (Sorry can't attach photos yet).

The app and Canadian Cow's tool (thanks!) both show the flights fine.

So normally I'd be happy accepting that the website was screwed but last I had a schedule change, and because of that above, couldn't confirm it without calling the call centre. The reservations call centre confirmed everything was fine with the booking and could see what I could see but said they couldn't do anything, and it was a probably a website bug.

I tried emailing the customer service contact, but they just said they'd pass it on to the web team and I should call reservations.

1) Anybody got any ideas of what to say, or which option to try next on the reservations call centre list?
2) What would happen if I don't confirm a schedule change? Would it automatically accept it? Last week's change was only 5 minutes.
3) Will this cause problems checking in?

Any ideas? Or should I just accept this and not worry?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
If the flights have status HK in canadiancow's PNR tool you're probably OK. If they say TK or UN you need reservations to accept the changes or switch flights.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: *$ Green
I was experiencing issues with a booking with a discount code before that was forcing me to call in to make adjustments (new).

I am also experiencing a new "issue" now where the website is freaking out about an "SSR Preventing changes on your booking" (web message).

I've observed two things, but they are still in speculation zone:
  1. AC fixed the "abuse" you could do with discount codes
  2. 1A is not handling SSRs as well as they expected and are so some web features (SSRs would include eUps btw )
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
If the flights have status HK in canadiancow's PNR tool you're probably OK. If they say TK or UN you need reservations to accept the changes or switch flights.
They are HK now, but I'll keep an eye out on the tool and call in if it changes. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.