Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

First time Altitude 25k member - how to use free checked baggage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time Altitude 25k member - how to use free checked baggage?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by garykung
Sorry for misspoke. I meant FQTV and FQTS.

You can indeed get the benefit from one program and credit to another one.
I noticed that you do most of your flying with UA, so perhaps some confusion exists here. The rules may be different with them in regard to how you credit miles while still receiving your usual benefits, but AC works a different way.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by canadiancow
How do you add a FQTS SSR? I'd be curious to try that out.

I've seen people suggest this is possible for years but I've never seen one successful report of it.
I believe you will need an agent to assist that.

I believe the reason why no one reports anything is people simply take another approach - put the "credit" account in the record and show the card for the benefit.

Originally Posted by codfather
I noticed that you do most of your flying with UA, so perhaps some confusion exists here. The rules may be different with them in regard to how you credit miles while still receiving your usual benefits, but AC works a different way.
It works the same way. It is a matter of whether the agent knows how to do that and whether the agent is willing to do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.