Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Connect at YVR with 4N to YXY for just $100 - 3 day stopover!

Old Jul 20, 20, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

If you fly with Air Canada from anywhere in Canada to YVR, you can connect with Air North (4N) to Whitehorse (YXY) for just $100 and have your luggage checked through if you connect on the same day. If booked within 7 days of departure, the cost goes is $50 higher. Note that the fare allows for stop-overs in YVR for up to 3 days!

https://www.flyairnorth.com/flights/...onnector-fares

The same offer applies in reverse, i.e. departing from YXY via YVR to any domestic destination. (Which I think means you can save the Air Canada luggage fees if you connect the same day, as Air North does not charge for the first two bags.)

Currently, you have to book through Air North's callcenter - which is very friendly and easy to deal with during their office hours. They are trying to get travel agents on board as well.

If you don't need your luggage checked through, you can avail yourself of the offer with any other airline that connects YVR with domestic destinations.

Why this is unavailable for international destinations I dunno. Also, the offer is currently limited to the YVR-YXY/YXY-YVR route and not available on other 4N routes. But if this gets tracking, there's hope for additional options (YYC, YEG, YYJ, YLW, though probably not YOW) once travelling is a more popular thing again.
Old Jul 20, 20, 6:16 pm

Hopefully, this is still around when the Yukon lets in more than just BC residents.
sokolov likes this.
Old Jul 20, 20, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Just remember that unless you are a resident of BC, NWT or NU you must still self isolate for 14 days upon arrival in the Yukon.

https://yukon.ca/en/health-and-welln...uring-covid-19
Old Jul 21, 20, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by reggiekush View Post
Hopefully, this is still around when the Yukon lets in more than just BC residents.
I hope so, too. 4N says "Our Domestic Connector Fares allow passengers to access a special discounted fare when travelling beyond Air North's route network within Canada once it is safe to do so." (emphasis added)
reggiekush likes this.
Old Jul 21, 20, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sokolov View Post
Why this is unavailable for international destinations I dunno.
I understand now that that is because the airline does not want to encourage international travel during the pandemic. Makes sense.

However, the way I know Air North, I think they'll give you this offer even for an international connection if you have essential international travel and call them up in a friendly manner.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: