Interline with Icelandair?

Old Jul 14, 20, 3:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Interline with Icelandair?

I have a YOW-LHR flight in September (which will likely change to YOW-YYZ-LHR). I originally planned on spending 24 hours in London before heading to Iceland but now I'm looking at flying to KEF a few hours after I land in the UK. Would Air Canada let me check my bag all the way to KEF if I book a separate flight with Icelandair?

Worst case scenario, I'd have about 6 hours in transit so I'd have enough time to clear immigration and check in again but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 20, 4:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
AC does have an interline with Icelandair, and AC is generally pretty flexible in checking bags across separate tickets, as long as they have an interline.

But in the time of COVID, nothing is certain. Not sure whether you read YYCCL3's trip report, but he had to pick up bags at YVR on an AC-AC (INTL-DOM) connection that not too long ago would have qualified for OSS. So beware...
Old Jul 15, 20, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by mcbg1 View Post
I have a YOW-LHR flight in September (which will likely change to YOW-YYZ-LHR). I originally planned on spending 24 hours in London before heading to Iceland but now I'm looking at flying to KEF a few hours after I land in the UK. Would Air Canada let me check my bag all the way to KEF if I book a separate flight with Icelandair?

Worst case scenario, I'd have about 6 hours in transit so I'd have enough time to clear immigration and check in again but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Thanks!
if you need to clear immigration to pick up your bag and recheck, you may not be considered as a transfer passenger and you might need to meet all entry formalities.

ex: filling a passenger locator form.

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-c...fore-travel-uk

an example of an extreme case:

a person left singapore without finishing his 14 days quarantine, his permanent resident status was stripped.

https://www.thesundaily.my/home/man-...tine-BY2054892

why don't you fly with icelandair instead from Toronto and saves all the trouble?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: