Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2021, 11:28 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Couple of different chip varieties at YVR today: Miss Vickie's jalapeņo and oven-baked Lay's.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I wonder if the status pass privilege could be used at the SQ Lounge while the MLL remains closed.
No. It's just where they're directing eligible passengers. Eligibility has not changed.

A few months ago, it was "we have no lounge for you".

Then it was "you can use the Lufthansa lounge".

Now it's "you can use the Singapore lounge" (and I guarantee that's only because it's closer to the gate).
yyznomad likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Couple of different chip varieties at YVR today: Miss Vickie's jalapeņo and oven-baked Lay's.
YUL has had quite the rolling selection of Ms Vickies and Lays. The MV Salt and Vinegar are a real treat
Old Sep 5, 2021, 8:07 pm

Went by TB MLL entrance last week and there was constriction there, but saw some of that new wood finish that the face lifted MLL's have, is there a chance that they renovated the TB MLL during the past year? I thought all Capex projects were put on hold due to obvious circumstances

On a separate note, that MLL sign with the piece of paper with "Closed" Written on it looks quite pathetic
Old Sep 5, 2021, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by caziz
Went by TB MLL entrance
Which one?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Which one?
YYZ
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I tried to skim to see if there is any updated notices regarding TB MLL at YYZ. Any chance there is a projected re-opening date (and I suspect not by next week sometime&#128512.

Would also be happy to settle for the Plaza Premium, which I would have access to, but I suspect that won't be open anytime soon either. Suspect I'll have to settle for the regular terminal (and maybe OT, but is Tim Hortons TB post-security even open?). Will be my first time coming back through YYZ since Jan. '20 - who knew it would be 1.5+ years before I would be back through.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
OK the YYZ lounge bar “service” seems to be getting worse. The pace of movement and lack of enthusiasm for their job of the two folks behind the tables this afternoon was agonizing. They really need to shake something up here as there seems to be no incentive to actually work hard at this job. Thankfully my hot order was still warm and sitting at my seat when I finally was able to return about 12 minutes later and I was only number 7 in line.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 3:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Sitting in the International MLL lounge at YYZ. I would say they are at 50% capacity. No lines to get drinks and the staff is pleasant. Also noticed the Plaza Premium lounges are open as well, but didn’t check them out. I may grab a meal at LEE kitchen using my Priority pass as the food in the lounge and the options offered on the flight don’t look that great. Also checkin and security were a breeze. I was airside in 10 mins.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I tried to skim to see if there is any updated notices regarding TB MLL at YYZ.
No. For future reference, there's a wiki where these things usually get updated pretty promptly.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Has anyone heard any prediction as to when the YVR international lounge might open? The post in the Wiki isn't of any use, as the schedule there has already been proven wrong.

I also assume all YVR MLLs will have to follow the BC vaccine passport program like every other restaurant, bar, and lounge in the province.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Has anyone heard any prediction as to when the YVR international lounge might open? The post in the Wiki isn't of any use, as the schedule there has already been proven wrong.

I also assume all YVR MLLs will have to follow the BC vaccine passport program like every other restaurant, bar, and lounge in the province.
What part of the wiki isn't useful? It's pretty up to date with FT's collective knowledge.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by canadiancow
What part of the wiki isn't useful?
The Wiki is fine, but the post it links to says there should be at least six (and as many as 12) MLLs open by now. It's out of date and I was hoping someone would have more up-to-date information.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
OK the YYZ lounge bar “service” seems to be getting worse. The pace of movement and lack of enthusiasm for their job of the two folks behind the tables this afternoon was agonizing. They really need to shake something up here as there seems to be no incentive to actually work hard at this job. Thankfully my hot order was still warm and sitting at my seat when I finally was able to return about 12 minutes later and I was only number 7 in line.
yeah, it's pretty horrible at YYZ... part of it is that they DGAF, but at the same time, it seems that those long tables are semi-fixed (there are power outlets on the sides) which means they have to walk a further distance back and forth.

of course, this doesn't excuse them for not even trying.
i do believe that one of them does have a gait issue which prevents them from hightailing it, however.

when I'm there, I usually sit within view of the line so when it becomes empty I go up and order as much as I can as long as there is nobody else waiting behind me (the biggest lulls occur early morning and in the late morning to early afternoon in between the widebody transcons, and then again in the early evening). That way I don't have to wait 10 minutes for a bottle water or a bag of chips.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The Wiki is fine, but the post it links to says there should be at least six (and as many as 12) MLLs open by now. It's out of date and I was hoping someone would have more up-to-date information.
The wiki contains the most up-to-date information we have, and is updated whenever we get new information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.