Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Thanks. I see the YYC MLL also has a new afternoon/evening menu. No more brisket sandwich, which I never got to try 😥
yeah that's was fast

well, the chimichanga isn't bad!

Meep meep!
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Thanks. I see the YYC MLL also has a new afternoon/evening menu. No more brisket sandwich, which I never got to try 😥
RIP the Brisket Sandwich. Those were good along with the Southern Chicken and Waffles.

Glad there are new items coming out though so hopefully the trend continues with YYC having the best MLL food so far.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
YYC Dom MLL Firttata breakfast item (Chef Hawksworth Special) meep meep!

Meep meep!
Old Jun 29, 2021, 2:29 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
YVR afternoon/evening menu has also been changed, and is now updated in the wiki.

Seems the only thing that hasn't changed since last week is YUL, which is unsurprising since they just reopened it.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Currently 12th in line for YVR Dom.

They're sending agents up and down the line handing out snack bags to people who won't get in before their flight departs, which is a nice touch.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YOWgary

They're sending agents up and down the line handing out snack bags to people who won't get in before their flight departs, which is a nice touch.
Seems like the increase in traffic is moving faster than the relaxing of restrictions.

that is indeed a nice touch!

in the past, we would just wait in line like a bunch of people literally dying for MLL cracked tortilla chip bits
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWgary

So if you want free food, just stand in line and pretend to have access?
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So if you want free food, just stand in line and pretend to have access?
She's checking BPs...
Old Jun 30, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
How full is YYZ MLL going to be on Sunday around 4:30-5:30? Any point in checking in more than 75m before departure?
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan

The YUL MLL Chef Ferrer Special, Avocado Toast with shrimp and cherry tomatoes.

The YUL MLL Chef Park Special, Frittata.

The online ordering system was also down this morning at YUL, unsure as to whether it was fixed by the time I left at about 8:20. A lounge attendant walked around and took orders.

Edit: Just noticed with most of the recent photos, MLLs seems to have transitioned from the black plastic containers to these cardboard take out boxes.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 5:33 pm

At YVR, service was slow after 17:00. Only about 15 people in the lounge.
Took about 15 minutes to receive food.
How hard can it be to cut up what is presumably previously prepared food.

YVR snack menu

Spicy pineapple pizza
Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: AC 100K, AC 2MM, SAS Diamond, AA P; Avis CM
Originally Posted by yyztozag
How full is YYZ MLL going to be on Sunday around 4:30-5:30? Any point in checking in more than 75m before departure?
I was there on 6/18 (Friday afternoon) prior to AC840 departure (15:30/16:00) about 80% current capacity (30% pre-COVID)--the most I've seen in some time. Check in/security were quiet.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 12:11 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
The YVR MLL was pretty chill just before noon today. No line up, hot food was delivered quickly and the snack line was fast too.

The spicy pineapple flatbread was actually spicy and Ms. Boh's arancini were not soggy. Not a bad experience at all.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
YUL dom MLL / 01 July 2021

In the YUL domestic MLL now.

Ordered the Poké bowl and cauliflower soup.
Poké bowl was meh, not worth it. the cauliflower soup was hot and delicious though!

I should have stuck to my instincts and gone with the salmon and leek pie, oh well.

Service is quick and courteous.

Anecdotally, at the prioriry check-in there were only 2 desks open, line was taking forever so I gave up and used a kiosk. And attendant noticed I was in J and added a priority tag to my bag.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
The YVR MLL was pretty chill just before noon today. No line up, hot food was delivered quickly and the snack line was fast too.

The spicy pineapple flatbread was actually spicy and Ms. Boh's arancini were not soggy. Not a bad experience at all.
Have an upcoming 6hr layover in YVR for connection to HNL. Arriving on a domestic connection, can we visit the domestic MLL if the transborder MLL remains closed?

Understanding that no one knows but AC, any chance the transborder MLL opens by August?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.