Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
This has to be the least, immaterial item I can complain about. 😛
YVR Dom out of "AC or AC related" drink napkins this morning LOL 😂😂

Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
This has to be the least, immaterial item I can complain about. 😛
YVR Dom out of "AC or AC related" drink napkins this morning LOL 😂😂
Unkess they just "re-ran-out", this has been like that for weeks there.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:25 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
At least they don't have a Rouge logo on them.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Unkess they just "re-ran-out", this has been like that for weeks there.
That I'm not 100% sure, haven't flown in a couple weeks lol 😅

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
At least they don't have a Rouge logo on them.
👍
Old Apr 24, 2022, 9:39 pm

Showers at YVR Dom

Does anyone know if showers have opened up at YVR DOM?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by canzoom
as of 2 weeks ago no.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canzoom
We are all eager for the showers to be re-opened in all MLLs where they exist, but AFAWK, they're all currently not open at all MLLs.
Old May 3, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: MB X4, HH Diamond, IHG DA, CA Silver
Good day all, flying AC PY with practically no status (Star Alliance silver) - wondering if anyone's had experience with purchasing MLL access on an intl flight out of YYZ? I have a few hours to waste in the evening thanks to AC's brilliant schedule changes, when I was looking at my MLL options I noticed they explicitly mentioned that any purchased pass would give me access to the domestic lounge only. I'm not arriving on a connecting flight. Would security allow me to enter the D gates area where the domestic lounge is? How easy (or how far) would it be to get to E gates from D? Any answers are appreciated!
Old May 3, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by AnetGarti
Would security allow me to enter the D gates area where the domestic lounge is? How easy (or how far) would it be to get to E gates from D? Any answers are appreciated!
Right now the ONLY security open at YYZ takes you into the domestic area--then you follow the same signs that connecting passengers going to an international connection follow. So--yes-- Domestic MLL.
Old May 3, 2022, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by expert7700
Right now the ONLY security open at YYZ takes you into the domestic area--then you follow the same signs that connecting passengers going to an international connection follow. So--yes-- Domestic MLL.
Ouch - I'm gonna look keenly forward to the line-ups then. Thanks a lot for your quick response!
Old May 3, 2022, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You might be able to buy access if you pull up your booking on AC.com, which would give you international access. But I'm not sure they've restarted MLL access sales.
Old May 3, 2022, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You might be able to buy access if you pull up your booking on AC.com, which would give you international access. But I'm not sure they've restarted MLL access sales.
Thanks a lot for your input!
I think they restarted single-use MLL passes earlier last year, although I have been avoiding YYZ altogether due to the chronic ramp delays. My SO (SE50k) got turned away at YYZ domestic MLL last month because they were full to the brim due to all the late evening flights that got delayed for no apparent reason. When I logged in to buy MLL access the website very clearly indicated that the purchased pass is only good for the domestic MLL regardless of destination, which I think also contributes to the mess but I'm just guessing.
Old May 3, 2022, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AnetGarti
Thanks a lot for your input!
I think they restarted single-use MLL passes earlier last year, although I have been avoiding YYZ altogether due to the chronic ramp delays. My SO (SE50k) got turned away at YYZ domestic MLL last month because they were full to the brim due to all the late evening flights that got delayed for no apparent reason. When I logged in to buy MLL access the website very clearly indicated that the purchased pass is only good for the domestic MLL regardless of destination, which I think also contributes to the mess but I'm just guessing.
So I want to be clear I've never done this myself so I could be wrong, but I want to make sure you're definitely doing what I'm suggesting.

Unfortunately, I don't have any bookings eligible for this (they're either in business class, partially flown, or maybe they're recognizing that with my status, it doesn't make sense to offer it).

But if you pull up your booking on AC.com, are you able to click this option, and purchase MLL access? Is that where it says it's only valid for domestic/transborder lounges?

The MLL access page does say "Note: Suspended until further notice". But it wouldn't be the first time that was wrong.
asovse1 likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 5:52 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Moderator note: this is the MLL thread, not the YYZ security issues thread.
Old May 4, 2022, 11:02 am

So I want to be clear I've never done this myself so I could be wrong, but I want to make sure you're definitely doing what I'm suggesting.

Unfortunately, I don't have any bookings eligible for this (they're either in business class, partially flown, or maybe they're recognizing that with my status, it doesn't make sense to offer it).

But if you pull up your booking on AC.com, are you able to click this option, and purchase MLL access? Is that where it says it's only valid for domestic/transborder lounges?
I have this on my booking screen under the travel options page, I was able to go ahead and purchase the option too. I also highlighted the part where it says domestic lounge only:

The MLL access page does say "Note: Suspended until further notice". But it wouldn't be the first time that was wrong.
I saw that and it confused me BIG TIME as well! I'd imagine AC wouldn't be selling something that's not available... right...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.