Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 29, 22, 5:45 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Adam Smith
Wiki Link
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 21, 22, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Flynn58 View Post
You need to clear Canadian immigration when you land, then you need to leave the international area, clear US immigration and enter the transborder area, so the transborder MLL is your only option.
That's not true at all.
Old Feb 22, 22, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC 50K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
At YVR MLL domestic:
  1. No line at 1800
  2. Menu now has the cream of mushroom soup ​​​​​​​
  3. Self serve station was Caprese wraps and Thai Wraps​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  4. Water bottles are now the shaker Naya bottles vs dasani​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Short hair Francis likes this.

Last edited by theranj; Feb 22, 22 at 7:59 pm
Old Feb 22, 22, 8:23 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, UA MP 1K, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Was at the YVR domestic earlier, was busy around 11:30 with the afternoon wide bodies, but didnt see any evidence of limiting entry. Enjoyed the chick pea curry; was flavourful and a generous portion. Definitely better then anything YYZ has on the menu.
Old Feb 23, 22, 12:22 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
food options are better than pre-covid, but nothing to write home about imo.

all items except the fritatta are fine. salmon thing has way more bread than salmon so you gotta order 2x.
the avo+toast contains next to no avo but the tomatoes are fresh tasting
omlette and tater tot/hash brown is fun
pancake bites were fun as well.

salmon and egg on an english muffin

yyc mll chef park am special = disgusting
yyc domestic
Old Feb 24, 22, 5:10 am

A concierge just told me they are targeting a March 1 reopening for the signature suite in YYZ. He made it very clear that this is not an officially announced date but they are working to have it ready by then.

With that date coming up so soon preparations would have to be well underway. That leads me to assume that whether or not that specific date is hit there will probably be a re-opening sometime in the near future.
Old Feb 24, 22, 9:19 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, AC Aeroplan Elite 50K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
At the YYC MLL this morning. I was pleasantly surprised theyre serving food on regular plates with metal utensils. Its so much nicer than the boxes over the past however long.

I had a Western Omlette and a Smoked Salmon Breakfast Sandwich. Both were very nicely presented on the plates.

No pictures, sorry. I was running a meeting at the same time!
Old Feb 24, 22, 9:36 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang View Post
At the YYC MLL this morning. I was pleasantly surprised theyre serving food on regular plates with metal utensils. Its so much nicer than the boxes over the past however long.

I had a Western Omlette and a Smoked Salmon Breakfast Sandwich. Both were very nicely presented on the plates.

This is so exciting to hear! I was honestly getting worried that AC would just exploit the Covid excuse indefinitely and never attempt to return to a normal service standard (at least in Canada). Glad to hear that's not the case!
Old Feb 24, 22, 10:27 am

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
I was at the LHR departure lounge on Tuesday. Nice spacious space. Bartender with drinks. Salad bar. Mini bacon burgers plus some snacks. Mains were a lentil soup, pasta, Thai shrimp curry with steam rice. Lounge was quite empty at 11am. View of the gates and the other terminal. Opp the Singapore lounge.
capedreamer and vancouver25k like this.
Old Feb 24, 22, 12:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
OK YYZ its your turn to get with the program!!!
Old Feb 24, 22, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC 50K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang View Post

YVR Domestic MLL did not have this Tuesday night; I'm back there on Monday if no one reports back before then
Old Feb 25, 22, 5:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K
Quick update on YYZ TB Menu for breakfast, oddly sparse :'(
Old Feb 25, 22, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Those posting menus, rather than posting them in the thread, could you please consider uploading them to an image hosting site (I use imgbb) and updating the wiki with links to the new menus? This will make it much easier for people to find them, as opposed to having to scroll through the thread.

@Short hair Francis @vernonc @bcnfish
Originally Posted by mb4wong View Post
Quick update on YYZ TB Menu for breakfast, oddly sparse :'(
coud you please update the wiki a well. Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 22, 10:28 pm

Programs: JL/JGC Diamond (OWE), AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, A3 *G, AC E35K, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by theranj View Post
YVR Domestic MLL did not have this Tuesday night; I'm back there on Monday if no one reports back before then
theranj, Still paper boxes as of this (sat) morning/afternoon at the YVR Domestic

Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
could you please update the wiki a well
👍👍
Old Feb 27, 22, 12:12 am

Programs: AC E50K; NEXUS
Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
OK YYZ its your turn to get with the program!!!
Only had time for a quick Pinot tonight at YYZ. Didn't notice any boxes lying around though (YYC plates and cutlery were lovely on the departure side), just the broadcasters noted elsewhere. Why didn't I just breeze past the Cafe? Dunno...
Ramz likes this.
Old Feb 28, 22, 2:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, AC Aeroplan Elite 50K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
YUL Smoked Meat Report

I had Schwartz's for lunch before heading to YUL. But, felt obliged to order a MLL Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich anyways to check on its heft. I think it was less than what canadiancow reported in #2031; certainly not "packed" as YSJ8ed described in #2048!

Here's Schwartz's for reference!

And, no signs of plates or metal utensils like YYC!

Last edited by King Chung Huang; Feb 28, 22 at 2:37 pm

Search this Thread