Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2021, 2:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jer3
Is Charlie the energenic asian fellow? If it is, that guy shows a lot of pride in his work. Rare to see nowadays.
I'm not sure if I would have thought to describe him as "energetic" (that can mean ... many things), but yes, that's him.

He clearly likes his job and likes pleasing customers.

The only reason I had to order any drink after the first was that I kept changing my order. When I asked for my second cocktail, he made a comment about the specific ingredients I seemed to like. And he was right.

And he knows I like spiced rum and diet.
jer3 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by jer3
Is Charlie the energenic asian fellow? If it is, that guy shows a lot of pride in his work. Rare to see nowadays.
he is very friendly that's for sure, first time I see him I was shocked at his energy lol.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC 100K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott/SPG (Bonvoy?) Gold Elite/HHonors Gold
Noticed a BC white in the YVR DOM MLL, which was nice to see.

Haywire with a note identifying it as a pick by Veronica.

Nice to see.
streetcircusdan likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:17 pm

A YVR concierge told me she had hopes the SS would open this year, due to the HKG, DEL, and prospective Australia flight times all being around the same hour.

She was well above the median competence I encountered this weekend, and quite friendly. But she works at the airport.
yyznomad and streetcircusdan like this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
A YVR concierge told me she had hopes the SS would open this year, due to the HKG, DEL, and prospective Australia flight times all being around the same hour.

She was well above the median competence I encountered this weekend, and quite friendly. But she works at the airport.
Good to hear. As a relatively new SE (last three years), I haven't been able to experience the Suite yet. One of my personal rewards to myself for surviving COVID was to book a flight through YYZ to Tokyo when Japan opens up and indulge.... Sadly I imagine the Suite will open before Japan does though.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:35 pm

I'm 99% sure YYZ will open before YVR. YYZ has Europe.
yyztozag likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:40 pm

I really hope this is the case, I have a flighted booked on 24th December and it would make our Christmas
Old Nov 1, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Nexus
Probably mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but lounge dragon for the YYZ TB Express has told me that the YYZ TB lounge is under renovations and target date for re-opening is March 2022. Most of my travel is TB now, which is unfortunate as the express lounge tends to have a wait list. At least there’s the United Club!
Old Nov 1, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by FifthBiz
At least there’s the United Club!
Not in YYZ.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
Good to hear. As a relatively new SE (last three years), I haven't been able to experience the Suite yet. One of my personal rewards to myself for surviving COVID was to book a flight through YYZ to Tokyo when Japan opens up and indulge.... Sadly I imagine the Suite will open before Japan does though.
I hope you know that one does not need to be SE to have access to the SSL!
streetcircusdan likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I hope you know that one does not need to be SE to have access to the SSL!
I took it more as "I fly so much and I haven't been in yet".
yyznomad and yyztozag like this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
YVR Dom lounge was the quietest I have seen it in years for a 5.20pm flight on Thursday last week. No self service. Limited offerings but they were pouring double drinks. The scan and order from your seat was not available apparently till the 5pm food offerings were out.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
CYYZ Intl MLL is packed. Only a handful of seats are available.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
CYYZ Intl MLL is packed. Only a handful of seats are available.
Hopefully it'll be quieter on Sunday when I'm there.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:50 am

Programs: AC*SE 100K
I took it more as "I fly so much and I haven't been in yet".
Pretty much this- I feel like I'm missing out! I know my time as SE pales in comparison to many here, but I was proud to hit it. What can I say? I'm a sucker.
yyznomad and canadiancow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.