Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
wiki updated: YUL TB MLL afternoon/evening menu

wiki updated with YUL TB MLL afternoon/evening menu

The Chef Park special is Saffron & Cauliflower Soup as of today.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*

YYZ INT. There were another dozen people behind me. I bailed as I only have half an hour. Should have gone to the DOM.

Sucks. I wanted the butter chicken.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 26, 2021 at 3:33 pm Reason: Resize excessively large image
Old Sep 25, 2021, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
YYZ INT. There were another dozen people behind me. I bailed as I only have half an hour. Should have gone to the DOM.

Sucks. I wanted the butter chicken.
Do you know if it was capacity control or just taking that long to validate each passenger with vaccine status, etc.?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Do you know if it was capacity control or just taking that long to validate each passenger with vaccine status, etc.?
Most likely "all of the above".

Also throw in the one agent working the desk while dealing (bickering) with someone who is trying to get in but has absolutely zero valid international-MLL-entry instruments to furnish.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Fair question. I didnt stick around to find out. Perhaps a combination of the two. It cant take that long to check vax status.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan 75K
YEG MLL - Requires One Dose of a COVID-19 Vaccine or a Negative COVID-19 Test

Edmontons Maple Leaf Lounge is requiring a single dose of a COVID-19 vaccine (presumably administered at least 14 days prior) or a negative COVID-19 test for admission, just like in Calgary. I am at YEG MLL right now - only 2 other passengers in here right now. I took a photo of the sign posted downstairs on the entrance door (Same sign is posted upstairs at the entrance desk.), but need to wait until after my 5th post to add attachments.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by twindoc
Edmontons Maple Leaf Lounge is requiring a single dose of a COVID-19 vaccine (presumably administered at least 14 days prior) or a negative COVID-19 test for admission, just like in Calgary. I am at YEG MLL right now - only 2 other passengers in here right now. I took a photo of the sign posted downstairs on the entrance door (Same sign is posted upstairs at the entrance desk.), but need to wait until after my 5th post to add attachments.
I've updated the wiki for you.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The YVR TB lounge is open according to https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...unge@vancouver
Old Sep 25, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K
According to Air Canada, the Ottawa lounge requires vaccination. https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...!lounge@ottawa
Old Sep 25, 2021, 9:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Can confirm the LAX MLL is open. Grab and go items only, no table service.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
Can confirm the LAX MLL is open. Grab and go items only, no table service.
What are the physically posted hours? (not based on the AC website link)
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:33 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The YVR TB lounge is open according to https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...unge@vancouver
That website has been wrong before, which is why it was listed as possibly open in the wiki, and why I've reverted it to that status.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by jmt18325
According to Air Canada, the Ottawa lounge requires vaccination. https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...!lounge@ottawa
I can confirm this; I was there yesterday and it was required for entry.
jmt18325 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kenlor
I can confirm this; I was there yesterday and it was required for entry.
Wiki updated to reflect vax proof for entry (in other words, no other alternatives/caveats beyond vax proof)
Old Sep 26, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
15 people in the line at YVR DOM. Guess I'll go elsewhere

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.