Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Originally Posted by andrewlawton

Here is the after-11 menu. No booze from the lounge anymore.

I gave incorrect information earlier about the presence of hot food. The chafing dishes were set up but empty.
I'm really curious as to how the classic potato salad differs from the regular potato salad. Something to do with the best-before date, perhaps?
expert7700, D582, zeer0 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
Was really hoping to hedge my bets by having two options for lounges at YYC, but received confirmation that the WS lounge also have the same measures. Makes absolutely no sense . I guess the best option if you need a pre-flight beverage is go to the air-side liquor store and pick yourself some drinks there... or go to Chilis.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 6:42 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Looks like they updated the YVR MLL "Hot Food" Menu. Will post pics and a quick review tomorrow.

Turkey and Brie on the left and Loaded Potato on the right. I would skip the Turkey and Brie and go for the Loaded Potato. Quite delicious in the YVR MLL compared to the YYZ one.

The "Kid's" Mac N Cheese was Massive compared to the portion size of the other dishes. Was average at best when warm and terrible if eaten cold.

Gingerbread Bread Pudding came out warm and good. A huge portion as well! Would recommend this desert here.

Overall the food in the YVR was pretty good. They only recently updated it as per the lounge dragon ("a couple of days ago I was told")

Originally Posted by yyznomad
If you're also going to the YYZ MLL by any chance... please also post food pics from there.
yyznomad here you go!

Once again the hot food in the YYZ MLL is sub-par compared to YVR MLL. Even though its the same items (Pizza, Soup, Nachos?)

Breakfast Nachos....Not warm apart from a scoop of Bakes Beans and the "Sunnyside Up Egg" is rubbery...definitely reheated. Would not recommend getting

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal...comes with some walnuts. Overall a solid choice and would recommend getting this.

Here are the Lunch Options.

Kid's Pepperoni Pizza. Came out burn so re-ordered again...cam out burnt a 2nd time so I gave up. Pretty doughy and not too much sauce. 3 pepperoni slices is also depressing.

Didn't read that this was a "Turkey, Cheese and Cranberry" Quesadilla. Weird flavour combination. Took 3 bites which was enough for me. Notably missing is the sour cream.

Loaded Potato Flatbread. A really good choice. Ended up ordering 2. Ones in YVR were substantially more flavorful

Ginger Beef Bowl. WAY too much rice and not enough ginger beef. A decent choice but the texture of the beef was odd and the ginger sauce was a bit strong.

English Toffee Pudding. Was more of a regular caramel cake than an English toffee pudding.

adamsmith They do have the 12yr Singleton in "stock" at the YYZ MLL. 2 bottles actually one on both sides.

Old Dec 14, 2020, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@MillennialMiles

Thanks for the MLL Food Report. Great photos and descriptions. I enjoyed the fact that it looks like you got a photo of every hot meal option on the various menus. Thanks !!
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:08 pm

Thanks for the great photos @MillenialMiles. You must be really full after ordering all that food! Nice that the bar service is back.

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 15, 2020, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
MillennialMiles
Thank you for the update and review.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 10:00 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
They do have the 12yr Singleton in "stock" at the YYZ MLL. 2 bottles actually one on both sides.
Nothing new there, that has been the standard single malt at MLLs for years.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Chocolate bars are a thing of the past now at YVR MLL.
(or I've been misinformed by staff or this is yet another consistently inconsistent thing)
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
(or I've been misinformed by staff or this is yet another consistently inconsistent thing)
You mean those sour, dark chocolate candy bars they serve in the business class snack basket that taste like pickles soaked in grapefruit juice? I say good riddance - maybe they can bring in some milk chocolate or something a little less harsh, candy is for a sweet tooth, not flushing a colon. Canada has some nice candies called 'Smarties', I would prefer to see something like that.
D582 and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen
You mean those sour, dark chocolate candy bars they serve in the business class snack basket that taste like pickles soaked in grapefruit juice? I say good riddance - maybe they can bring in some milk chocolate or something a little less harsh, candy is for a sweet tooth, not flushing a colon. Canada has some nice candies called 'Smarties', I would prefer to see something like that.
Are you me?
bocastephen and D582 like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Are you me?
Well - white or spiced rum? Diet Coke or Coke Zero? Seems we need more info to find out!
expert7700, canadiancow and 24left like this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Have they added anything to replace them?

Originally Posted by bocastephen
No, they had Snickers and one or two other things. Maybe Aero was one of them? Been a few weeks since I was last there, so it's all fading.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No, they had Snickers and one or two other things. Maybe Aero was one of them? Been a few weeks since I was last there, so it's all fading.
Definitely better than that dark Lindt, but still - no KitKat?

Dr. PITUK
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by painintheuk
Definitely better than that dark Lindt, but still - no KitKat?
Oh, please, let's not have another thread get hijacked by the KitKat obsessives
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Oh, please, let's not have another thread get hijacked by the KitKat obsessives
Sorry - I did provide a link to lure those obsessives away.

Dr. PITUK
Adam Smith likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.