Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC International J Service Experience During Covid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC International J Service Experience During Covid

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2020, 6:42 am

Oof...I took a 1 hour Lufthansa flight on an E90 today that had full food and beverage service. Unlike the AC flight I took to FRA.

Also thought I'd mention that there were several announcements made at the gate in YYZ that the food service would be a cold box with no choice of meal and only water to drink. Along with that, the GA mentioned that pax were encouraged to bring their own food on board purchased from one of the few open outlets in the terminal. Also stated was that people were able to purchase duty free alcohol but that it was unlawful to consume said alcohol on board.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: AC 75K
Meal services are being improved in all cabins starting in late July. Details here: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...racdotcom|caen

Some alcohol and other soft drinks are back, amenity kits are back in Signature Class among other things.

Other changes to Clean Care + also announced and posted in that thread: Air Canada Clean Care+ program
Old Jun 29, 2020, 7:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Meal services are being improved in all cabins starting in late July. Details here: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...racdotcom|caen

Some alcohol and other soft drinks are back, amenity kits are back in Signature Class among other things.

Great to hear. I almost cancelled my ticket and booked LH J, and I’m now glad that I didn’t.

Last edited by tcook052; Jun 29, 2020 at 8:14 am
Old Jun 29, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
So with Air Canada to drop physical distancing on July 1st, should we not see a return to full service across all cabins? One would think at least a return to a J service.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/wes...ovid-1.5628838

an improvement albeit a small one.

Thoughts?

ZT

Last edited by tcook052; Jun 29, 2020 at 9:54 am Reason: merge separate posts; continuity
Old Jun 29, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by zontar2010
I have just seen the above, an improvement albeit a small one.
I think it’s quite a significant improvement. Looks much better than the existing stuff. The existing J meal looks terrible and is served in a green plastic box. The new meals will feature premium Hawksworth dishes and will be served in boxes that look appropriate for Business Class. The drink service will go back to semi-normal, which is obviously a huge improvement over a bottle of Naya. Finally, you now get proper bedding, including the usual quilted mattress pad, duvet and pillow. IMO there’s a huge difference between sleeping with and without a pillow.

Would I rather experience Signature Class as it was in January? Yes. But these changes make the difference between a very mediocre flight and a pretty good one.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
From the Media Release:

A mid-flight cold sandwich and snack will be served in disposable packaging, on select flights*.
*All Asia routes, plus Tel Aviv to Toronto (YYZ), Athens to Toronto (YYZ), Athens to Montreal.

Prior to landing, a cold, light refreshment will be served in a box.

I assume the "cold, light refreshment" isn't just a juice box.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I don't understand how coffee/tea are safer than individually packaged minis of liquor.

They can't even use an alcohol argument now, since they're serving beer and wine.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:31 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Is it just me or do those boxes look like the ones used for MM plastic planes?

I hope the contents are at least more edible.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
The D gate MLL is opening "later in July" but not the Intl MLL or signature suite.

So (domestic connecting pax only) can pregame or suppliment meal/snack sercice before proceeding to the Intl gates.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
I assume the mini bottles of wine are going to be the barely drinkable ones normally served in Y?
Mustang Sally likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
The D gate MLL is opening "later in July" but not the Intl MLL or signature suite.

So (domestic connecting pax only) can pregame or suppliment meal/snack sercice before proceeding to the Intl gates.
“Beginning later in July, we will welcome eligible customers departing on a domestic or international flight to our Maple Leaf Lounge located at Toronto-Pearson, D gates.“

Hmm... how are they going to get to the E gates then? Clearly it’s not just for Domestic pax
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyztozag
“Beginning later in July, we will welcome eligible customers departing on a domestic or international flight to our Maple Leaf Lounge located at Toronto-Pearson, D gates.“

Hmm... how are they going to get to the E gates then? Clearly it’s not just for Domestic pax
The same way you always get from D to E...
Adam Smith and handuk like this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: AC SE. Hilton Diamond, Marriot TI, Avis PC. Hertz PC.
Originally Posted by yyztozag

I appreciate that they are making us do some cardio to work off the quarantine gains. D40 --> Dom. MLL --> E72. My personal goal is to do this in 20 minutes. 1hr layover? challenge accepted. That elevator might take up about 30% of the time though.
yyztozag likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The same way you always get from D to E...
I’ve actually never connected in YYZ so I wouldn’t know. Besides, wouldn’t there be a logistics issue where a security agent wouldn’t want to accept an Intl passenger at Dom security?
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by handuk
I appreciate that they are making us do some cardio to work off the quarantine gains. D40 --> Dom. MLL --> E72. My personal goal is to do this in 20 minutes. 1hr layover? challenge accepted. That elevator might take up about 30% of the time though.
I wonder if they will do social distancing in the elevator? i.e. max 2 pax per elevator? that might create quite the bottleneck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.