Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An apology owed to parnel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2003, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

An apology owed to parnel

I realize that this may not be considered as suitable for this forum but since I got snippy with parnel here, I feel it only honest to apologize here.

Dear Parnel,

I hope you will accept my apology for the reply I gave you in the thread related to the dispute over the pilots agreement. Since that time and having spent more time reading the forum I have come to realize that you are a basically fair individual who is anti-union. I can easily accept this as I was anti-union before I joined this industry and still believe that they often go too far. I do, however, feel that they are a necessary evil in this particular industry. This is not to say that I fully support the all of the actions of the unions, even my own.

My only excuse is that I was overly stressed and very sensitive on the subject of losing my job which, unfortunately, has yet to be determined. I am sincerely sorry to have misjudged you.

I greatly appreciate your positive comments and yes, your criticisms of AC and your obvious support for us front liners. I hope that I will someday be able to provide you with the service that you deserve.

Old Aug 23, 2003, 8:35 pm
At Large

Secret agent, no apologies required; hey we all get stressed at various times and I'm sure working for AC has been very stressful recently. Yes, I am anti union but only because I've seen how they limit personal growth in their members while demanding total loyalty to the union rather than the employer who pays them.
The other issue with me is featherbedding of jobs by the union so the employer has more people than he really needs to get the job done. Restricting individual performance is one of the real distastful things unions do.
Anyway we are here to debate issues and hopefully get AC management to listen to their customers and employees.
Keep up your good work and keep informing us of the goings on in your workplace.We like the people we come in contact with at AC and by exposing things here and being constuctively critical we hope to shed some light to your management on the difficulties faced by the employees.
The real jerks here don't fly AC so you should be thankful you only have to put up with them here and not at the airport.
Old Aug 23, 2003, 11:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Awwww. How civilized. I'm all warm inside, but that might be either the Marca Bavaria or the Vicks Vap-O-Rub.

But now my world is upside down, I mean people apologizing to parnel, parnel and SH on speaking terms--what's next? cattle giving up his thong?

Old Aug 24, 2003, 4:34 am

Give up my thong! What type of drugs are you taking? Besides winter is coming and I need to stay warm somehow
Old Aug 24, 2003, 5:29 am
At Large

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cattle:
Give up my thong! What type of drugs are you taking? Besides winter is coming and I need to stay warm somehow </font>
Nah you don't have to give it up just yet;not until you model it at some FT DO
Old Aug 24, 2003, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tcook052.

But now my world is upside down, I mean people apologizing to parnel, parnel and SH on speaking terms--what's next?

A moderator?
Old Aug 24, 2003, 8:57 am
At Large

[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by acysb87:
Originally posted by tcook052.

But now my world is upside down, I mean people apologizing to parnel, parnel and SH on speaking terms--what's next?

A moderator?
</font>
acsby----pleeeeeezzzeeee no not that
Old Aug 24, 2003, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tcook052:
But now my world is upside down, I mean people apologizing to parnel, parnel and SH on speaking terms--what's next?</font>
Next thing you know, Shareholder and Empress will be personally inviting Parnel to join Evilnation! or whatever the board called these days.

[This message has been edited by FlyerAl (edited 08-24-2003).]
Old Aug 24, 2003, 7:57 pm
At Large

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerAl:
Next thing you know, Shareholder and Empress will be personally inviting Parnel to join Evilnation! or whatever the board called these days.

[This message has been edited by FlyerAl (edited 08-24-2003).]
</font>
Nah, we're all happy here but please don't let us stop you from going there
Old Aug 24, 2003, 10:02 pm

This thread just goes to show what I have reiterated on the "moderator" thread. We can disagree, we can be uncomplimentary ( perhaps even downright insulting) but we have the decency to apologize--yes even to parnel. This is what makes this forum great. The decency is not in being right, but in being able to recognize when you are wrong and apologize. Good going secret agent!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.