Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Trips not taken; where aren't you going in the next few months on AC?

Old May 18, 20, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National

I've actually talked to a territory services manager (and even the client) for one project, which I'm sure would have been to The Woodlands outside Houston. Formally, I've been assigned to a project with a Deliver To address of outside Cincinnati starting in June, by the Resource Management office. No one, project/tech side has reached out.

Woodlands: Overall, would not recommend. 10x10mi of manicured fakeness. The full service Marriott in the Woodlands proper is a tad over my (possibly self imposed) limit, and everything else is 5mi away. And then anything you'd want to eat at, another 5mi. (Contrast this with urban Houston where 300yards away is a half our drive or an hour walk in weather and flying lead reminiscent of Platoon). IAH is nice enough, I guess. UA lounge, and if you arrive with 60+ minutes there is a, er, club, on the airport campus happy enough to clear you of your US currency.

Cincinnati. Meh. I've not been to the client, the city, or (and this is getting harder to say!) even the major cities airport. Apparently, with little city improvement since Dr Fever, not even a UA lounge in the airport. As big industrial complexes are, the specific address is quite outside the city. With the closest Marriott 4.4mi away, and the closest you'd spend (your clients!) money on 10mi away, rental car needed! What is there to do in NE Cincinnati, well on your way to Columbus?

As this new normal sets in, where aren't you going in the next few months?
Old May 18, 20, 7:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
I had to cancel or postpone:

Peru (moved to October)
YVR
LHR
YHZ
YVR
Spain and Portugal
Munich and Croatia
YVR
YWG

So seemingly a lot. My next scheduled travel is FRA and Poland in September (if it happens...).
Old May 18, 20, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
YVR
YHZ
YYZ
SIN (only one-way had been booked - we likely would have visited China on this trip)

And those are just tickets I've had to cancel. Most of my trips are booked close enough in that I have no idea what I've missed out on.
Choirul Rahmaditya likes this.
Old May 18, 20, 8:17 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, AC E*35K, Marriott Gold
AUS
NRT
YVR
LAS

Itís funny, I went from doing the most amount of travel ever the first 2.5 months of this year, to what will probably be the longest dry spell in over a decade.
tcook052 likes this.
Old May 18, 20, 8:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
CDG
NRT
GIG
VIE
AMS
LHR
YXE
SFO x 2
NRT

So far....
Old May 18, 20, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@RangerNS

Thread topic is a great idea. Thanks for posting.

@Bohemian1

You forgot YHZ.
Old May 18, 20, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE MM, SD Gold, SPG Gold
Flights booked but then cancelled:
  • Mar: Miami
  • Mar: Zurich
  • Apr: Palm Springs
  • Sep: Quebec City
  • Sep: Las Vegas

Not booked, but would have gone by now:
  • May: Atlanta
  • May: Brisbane

Flights booked but TBD how many I will actually be able to take: 6 trips to Europe between June and next March

In normal circumstances there would have been a bunch more booked and flown by now.
Old May 18, 20, 9:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Premier Silver
Have cancelled three SFO-YYZ since start of March.
Old May 18, 20, 9:11 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
Confirmed or pending cancellations so far of Macau, KIX, LAS, ATL; holding out hope for LHR in Fall. Worst, stuck in the wrong home base too.
Old May 18, 20, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, back to life...

We had a trip to Europe, mainly a work visit to a colleague in France scheduled, then back to BOS and Calgary, that had us in Europe now, then to BOS early June.

Next, ADL in July. Now delayed to late January. Rebooked.

Then Germany (Brunswick) late July, Then Rome early September. One ticket not cancelled yet, but it will need to be.

After that, nothing really set, and some of it may still happen, all personal trips. Late November, Spain or Italy? Maybe around Christmas, the reverse? Who knows...
Old May 18, 20, 9:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
SYD/MEL/PER/BNE
AKL
TLV
IST
IAH
OKC
YHZ
YVR
LAS

All 3 kids were going to overnight camp this summer so was going to take the wife somewhere fun, too.

I am sure there is more but if I think about it, I may get a little sad..

It is also a very WEIRD kinda sad. I miss flying, I miss the AC Cafe. I miss the gang I have come to know at a few stations.

I LOVE being home with the family and making up for lost time with the kids

Right now, I did grab 2 seats to SIN on SQ in November. Just something to look forward too...maybe
Old May 18, 20, 9:59 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
The four hottest spots in the world: NY, London, Spain, Italy (the quadfecta?) I should have bought a lottery ticket.
Old May 18, 20, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
How far out has everyone been cancelling trips?

I have stuff booked in July onward that I haven't cancelled yet.
Old May 18, 20, 10:42 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Mine were in Aug and Sept, intermingled with two cruises. I still have a couple of BA flights I havenít canceled yet.
Old May 18, 20, 10:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
In March I had to cancel a trip to Europe (booked via AC to TXL and home from FCO; bunch of intra-Europe flights not booked with AC so I won't mention those).

In April, lost Easter in NAS and the YVR Do. Right now, I should be boarding a plane in YVR to come back from a weekend in NYC (had booked EWR-YVR-YYC).

Upcoming, hard to say. I still have on the books (only itineraries that include AC):
  • LHR round trip (separate tickets from there to Scotland and back with BA, although thankfully haven't booked those yet), end of June
  • YVR round trip in late July (to go to Tofino)
  • BOS in December
  • YHZ Do (although I've always been a maybe on the revised date)
  • I booked an Aeroplan trip to SIN (including some AC metal) for early December that was always somewhat of a placeholder

At this point, I think it's unlikely we'll be able to do Scotland, and I've essentially written it off in my mind, but will be pleasantly surprised if we can go.

Still holding out hope for YVR/Tofino - I really hope that domestic travel is reasonably okay at that point.

BOS I might just cancel since AC cancelled the new non-stop YYC-BOS and re-booked us via YUL.

Right now, I'm not particularly inclined to give AC any of my money. Their refusal to abide by their tariffs and provide customers with refunds when they cancel our flights is not endearing them to me. I'm looking to book other travel with carriers that are subject to regulatory regimes that actually protect the consumer.

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
How far out has everyone been cancelling trips?

I have stuff booked in July onward that I haven't cancelled yet.
I'm leaving it until pretty late. Thankfully, almost all the trips I had booked with AC when the .... really hit the fan was either Aeroplan or booked using eCoupons. They probably only have a couple grand of my money right now, so no point fussing too much, especially when I hope to actually fly some of these tickets.

Last edited by Adam Smith; May 20, 20 at 4:55 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: