Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Trips not taken; where aren't you going in the next few months on AC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trips not taken; where aren't you going in the next few months on AC?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
From March 02 to current:

Week 1: Asia (last trip taken)
Week 2: Europe (Cancelled)
Week 3: South Pacific (Cancelled)
Week 4: Asia (Cancelled)
Week 5: Europe (Cancelled)
Week 6: Europe (Cancelled)
Week 7: Europe (Cancelled)
Week 8: S. Pacific (Cancelled)
Week 9: Europe & Pacific (Cancelled)
Week 10: Asia (Cancelled)
Week 11: S. Pacific (Cancelled)
Week 12: Europe (Cancelled)

Future:

At least 19 separate trips between current and Dec 31 none of which have been booked yet.
Old May 19, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I was planning to take most of the summer off travel since Victoria is such a nice place to be. Then I was going to purchase another UFP in September. That's probably not gonna happen but we'll see.

I would have gone to YUY at the end of March and that was cancelled. I'm missing an NYC trip next week and the YHZ do. I also like to do a summer driving trip through the Alps which is not going to happen. I had a spring trip to LHR which has been cancelled or postponed.

I have some business travel to YEG area which I've paused but I think I'll go soon. I have to go to Tallahassee in July and LIT or DFW sometime this summer too hopefully.
​​​​​
​​​​
Old May 19, 2020, 2:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Most trips below were for meetings and have been postponed until next year (or will be or will be held virtually I suspect)

2 trips to Quebec City (May)
Marseille(s), France (June)
St. Petersburg, Russia with combined visit to Finland to visit family (June--now rescheduled to September but doubt it will materialize now)
Denver (August--large meeting now going virtual)
Nairobi, Kenya -- October
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia - October

in addition to all my usual back and forth Calgary-Edmonton, Calgary-Grande Prairie, Calgary-Fort McMurray

will assess situation -- missed our usual late winter/spring trips to Tucson so hoping to go August or September but looking less likely even with "opening up" under less than ideal conditions

Have three flight passes that thankfully have been suspended (unlimited type) or extended well into 2021.
Old May 19, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Trips not taken: CDG, TLS, LHR, IAH, DFW, GCM, YEG, YYC, YYZ, HNL (leisure)
But I'm enjoying actually not doing any of the above...being grounded for awhile is fine with me.
Soon enough it will back to the "salt mine".....
Old May 19, 2020, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Just cancelled another YYZ and a Japan trip, but I replaced them with LHR and VIE, so it's not really COVID related.
Old May 19, 2020, 10:22 pm

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
Bali, singapore, the Maldives and Istanbul
Old May 19, 2020, 11:04 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Had to cancel a few trips that were planned.

Whistler for early April skiing was cancelled.

I had a ticket home from school (YYZ-YHZ) in April that I ended up moving to March 18th as my university and flight school closed, and have been living in YHZ ever since.

Had to cancel a round trip back to YYZ for a wedding in late April, and my flights back to YYZ for school in early May.

Trip to Boston in June for a family event is also cancelled as well.

I was also planning to travel to Europe this summer but it had not been booked yet when the pandemic started, so that’s one less thing to worry about. My bimonthly trips home from school aren’t happening either as I’m just hanging out at home anyways.
Old May 19, 2020, 11:08 pm

Cancelled:
Japan for Easter (with a non-AC side trip to Hanoi for inaugural Vietnamese F1 race)
YVR Do (although no travel required, it was AC related)
SYD-BNE (non-AC side trip to CBR)
YHZ-DUB

Nothing else booked to cancel, though there were ideas. I would love to book for fall or winter, but the required optimism has been snuffed out. It's the quarantine that makes it unviable.
Old May 20, 2020, 1:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Cancelled:
March: ATL
April: EWR
June: YUL

Planned but didn't book:
April: HKG
May: LHR/CDG
Old May 20, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Cancelled YQB, LAS & YHZ
Hoping to reschedule in Oct/Nov.
Old May 20, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Usually fly to MAD twice a month so that’s not happening any time soon.

Otherwise was needing to book separately:
- ARN
- PER
- AKL (for next year’s Americas Cup, not sure if NZ will open up to intl tourists by then)

Luckily most of my other trips are booked close to departure, still bummed nonetheless!
Old May 20, 2020, 9:54 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
We are currently scheduled to fly AC into FCO in September, but who knows what will be going in Italy then. So we have a plan B, which is to go to Tofino. The place we would be staying at took our booking, but again who knows what the situation will be at that time.

But as CZAMFlyer points out, AC may get you there, but where you are going could nix those plans. I suspect this could be true for some other destinations, which may add more posts to this thread.
Yes, it's possible Tofino could be closed to outside visitors, or the hotel could, but when I say I "hope that domestic travel is reasonably okay at that point", I mean that I can actually do the trip. It's still a couple months away, so we'll see.

Of course, to make the trip work as currently planned, we also need Pacific Coastal to be flying. Or else we're going to have to fly AC to YQQ or YCD on AC and drive the rest of the way, which I'd rather not do.
Old May 20, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
MEL x 2, YYT, FRA (to Bonn), and half a dozen other European trips that didn't even get to the planning stages. In fact, since Jan and Feb were spent on other matters, I haven't flown a single AQM this year.
Old May 20, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
For leisure...

Burning off some AP miles in Lufthansa First Class on the A380.
Unlikely.
Plumber and canadiancow like this.
Old May 20, 2020, 5:10 pm

Programs: AC-75K, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Since Mar 15th 2020, Cancelled:
- YVR
- YXE
- HAJ
- DUB (Vacation)
- YVR
- YYZ

I'd like to travel YYC-YXU in August but it seems like the smart thing to do is quarantine when I'm there and again when I get home, seems like a hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.