Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

A new ally in the fight for improved customer service!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A new ally in the fight for improved customer service!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2003, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
A lot of CAW members are unhappy with their union, as it seems that they negotiated the worst deal of all the AC unions under restructuring. On the other hand, they probably had the weakest negotiating position as you can automate check-in but not flight crew, cabin crew or maintenance.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 3:04 pm
IJK

Ace Cdn:
"It was the managment of AC that seems to believe that you can board a whole 747 with just one person."

I guess that AC actually believes that pax are Self Loading Freight (SLF).
Old Aug 22, 2003, 3:09 pm
At Large

quote by Ace Canadian:
It was the managment of AC that seems to believe that you can board a whole 747 with just one person
__________________________________________________ ___________________

I have been on several 767 flts in the past few weeks and there were always more than one and usually three people to load the flt.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 3:13 pm

Now that people mention it. I have yet to take a flight (other than dash 8's) where there wasn't at least 2 people to load it. Often there is 3.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 6:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LeSabre74:
A lot of CAW members are unhappy with their union, as it seems that they negotiated the worst deal of all the AC unions under restructuring. On the other hand, they probably had the weakest negotiating position as you can automate check-in but not flight crew, cabin crew or maintenance.</font>

Haven't heard that one before, unless you're speaking to those that have been laid off already.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 9:34 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

LeSabre - That only applies to Jazz employees; NOT AC employees.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
LeSabre - That only applies to Jazz employees; NOT AC employees.</font>
Sorry, confused as to what you mean?
Old Aug 23, 2003, 7:19 pm

In reality the AC CAW members got one of the better deals as far as wages were concerned. 1.5% for 60 days, that is why there were so many layoffs agreed to, the money had to come from somewhere. The union most definitely did not reach it's cost saving goal with shift premiums, vacation et al. Other unions are giving up all of those items and over 10% pay for minimum of 3 years but losing very few jobs.

I do think, however, the the company could have done a better job at phasing in the layoffs and working with the agents on shifts. One can only take so much upheaval at a time.

Old Aug 24, 2003, 2:53 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LeSabre74:
Sorry, confused as to what you mean? </font>
Sorry about that. I got confused with another one of your posts. I recall you said that the YVR layoffs have been postponed until Nov, I was trying to tell you that the delay applies to the Jazz layoffs and not the mainline ones.
Old Aug 24, 2003, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
Originally posted by LeSabre74:
Sorry, confused as to what you mean? </font>
Sorry about that. I got confused with another one of your posts. I recall you said that the YVR layoffs have been postponed until Nov, I was trying to tell you that the delay applies to the Jazz layoffs and not the mainline ones.
Ahh, I understand now

I had heard that in YVR mainline CAW (agents, concierges) had layoff notices put on hold for now? Jazz FA's were expecting lay-offs in October in YVR, odd because apparently they're quite short-staffed now. maybe that's hy they have been defferred till Nov.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.