Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Miles Sales - May 7-15th 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Miles Sales - May 7-15th 2020

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by tcook052
My account still showing the 65% bonus.
Haha. Yes, you are right.

I meant that most of us were feeling like only 90% + bonus were worth it.
tcook052 likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
One upside beyond the cash influx for AC is the population of our little forum swelled this morning with this sale which is good to see.

Old May 7, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyingbunny88
I heard from a friend of mine that you have to click on the 115% or 90% sign in order to be able to see the bonus miles. If you ‘click’ on buy now for the miles, it might not prompt you to see the bonus miles. There are on and off situations where people only get the base miles, it could be because of the difference in the links from AC or AP for the ‘buy now’ miles VS 115/95/65% sign miles.
Definitely not. It's all the same link, and I was manually loading https://aeroplan-bg-sso.points.com/?...ssoProduct=buy, not clicking anything in particular.
Diabeetus and Adam Smith like this.
Old May 7, 2020, 9:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
One upside beyond the cash influx for AC is the population of our little forum swelled this morning with this sale which is good to see.

I saw this at the peak of the frenzy

Old May 7, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: Air Canada 35K, Hilton HHonors Diamond; Marriot Gold; Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by 24left
I saw this at the peak of the frenzy

It got me.. someone who's been a FlyerTalk member since 2001.. and has less than 40 posts overall to make a few posts... So effective promo

Now I just get to sit on hold with AC getting my milage right
Old May 7, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Nope, purchased @ 90% and earned 90%. I logged out, went back in and now showing at 65% for me.
When you say "now showing at 65%" ... do you mean that's what you're seeing in your aeroplan account? Did they claw miles back?
Old May 7, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
No, he means if you go to buy more, it says you'll get 65%.
tcook052 and canopus27 like this.
Old May 7, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Originally Posted by extremeromance
What an epic fail been trying for 25 minutes, if you are going to do a sale like this at least be ready for the traffic.
This is why there are Cloud services with burst capacity like GCP, AWS, and Azure.
Sigh.
24left likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I was in at 7:05, Got to the buy page with the 115% bonus deal, entered my information to buy 250,000 points (+ bonus) and the transaction failed! I tried three times - all with the same results. 20 minutes later, I get a fraud alert text from TD (it is an aeroplan credit card!) asking if the points.com purchase is okay but by that time it was too late and the 115% points are gone. Bought a smaller number at 90% - but am REALLY annoyed... Who comes up with these ridiculous schemes... Considering cancelling the TD visa...
unclepants and 24left like this.
Old May 7, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
It gave me an error saying it couldn't locate an account with the information I had provided, despite me having signed on successfully several times in the last few minutes. What a joke. Not that we should be surprised, with the clowns running it.

If only they had just made the 115% bonus for the first 3 hours or something of the promo, rather than setting a fixed quantity, they wouldn't have had this problem.
Yup... same problem here. When I finally got it to load, it showed with the 115% bonus. I only wanted to buy 11,000 miles to use up an expiring Visa gift card I forgot I had. Went through with the purchase and the confirmation page said I got 90% bonus only! I have screenshots... but we all know how those are a source of accurate and reliable information... I'd be much more angry if I had bought significantly more miles.
24left and Adam Smith like this.
Old May 7, 2020, 10:52 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Canada555
I was in at 7:05, Got to the buy page with the 115% bonus deal, entered my information to buy 250,000 points (+ bonus) and the transaction failed! I tried three times - all with the same results. 20 minutes later, I get a fraud alert text from TD (it is an aeroplan credit card!) asking if the points.com purchase is okay but by that time it was too late and the 115% points are gone. Bought a smaller number at 90% - but am REALLY annoyed... Who comes up with these ridiculous schemes... Considering cancelling the TD visa...
That's one of the reasons I went back to CIBC Visa a while back - too many false fraud alerts with the TD Aeroplan card buying tickets on AC and other carriers.

Apparently plane tix are one of the favourite things to buy with stolen CCs. But it's the issuing banks that ultimately determine their potential fraud thresholds. Like broadband providers and wireless carriers, your YMMV though.
tcook052, 24left and Yhztraveller like this.
Old May 7, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by griffingrowl
This is why there are Cloud services with burst capacity like GCP, AWS, and Azure.
Sigh.
Funny you should mention that:

Some issues also seemed to be on the Aeroplan side for Single Sign On, and I also got Points.com CloudFlare errors (502 Bad Gateway and 520 SSL Handshake Failed).

None of us with any long term experience with Air Canada, Aeroplan and technology should be surprised by this though - this is business as usual.
24left and Adam Smith like this.
Old May 7, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Looks like good news for those who purchased between 11:00 and 12:00 EDT via @gleff View from the Wing

This Morning’s Unprecedented Air Canada Deal Gives Me New Hope For Travel

[A]ll miles purchased between 11-12pm at the 65% bonus rate will automatically be increased to a 90% bonus. In other words, in case a customer was trying to purchase at the 90% bonus and was unable to, we are taking care of them and ensuring they get even more miles (note: the issues ended within the first hour of the sale). It will take us some time to reach-out and deposit the additional miles.
Old May 7, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Aiiiiright I promptly spent all the miles I just purchased on ANA F!!!

Woooohooooo

Now only waiting for Japan to open up boarders in October...
tcook052 and King Chung Huang like this.
Old May 7, 2020, 11:12 am
Suspended

Newbie question: I have zero status at the moment but if I bought 100k miles (before the bonus), that would be enough to qualify for Prestige 25K right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.