Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Air Canada flight memories

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I guess I'm middle of the pack age-wise here.

My first AC flight was in 1983 going YHZ-YYZ-TPA for March break. The first leg was a narrowbody, the second a widebody. I wish a knew which aircraft, but I was only 10 at the time, so I didn't pay much attention.

My first actual flight was a few years earlier flying YSJ-YHZ on an Eastern Provincial Airways 737. Since EPA got swallowed by CP which eventually got swallowed by AC, it sort of counts.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 11:56 pm

Programs: AC S100K / AC-2MM
Originally Posted by codfather
I am going to feel very young asking this question...

Why did AC have so many TATLs to YWG? And why did they cut those routes?
From what I recall, most of the flights originated in Vancouver at the time. CP Air also flew from YWG to AMS but that flight too started in YVR. I guess they were stopped when YVR had the population to support direct flights. My wife flew from YWG to LGW with Wardair in the late 60's on a 727. It stopped in Iceland in one direction and Greenland in the other. She still has the photos.
codfather likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.