Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread originally contained any and all information relating to flying with AC in the times of COVID. As travel has picked up, much of the discussion has been moved to dedicated threads to make topics easier to follow. Threads that may be of particular interest to those travelling during COVID:

Meal threads:
Schedule changes/refunds - temporary COVID-related policies:
The above threads are in the process of winding down as AC moves away from temporary COVID-related policies. Most questions on schedule changes/refunds should be directed to the thread on AC's new permanent schedule change policies

Other AC-related threads:

Pre-travel e-mails:

Information on immigration rules and procedures, and other government requirements, from the Canada forum:
Airport-related threads containing information that may be relevant to AC passengers, but that are not specific to AC (there are many others in the Canada forum; these are a few that have come up frequently):
(Other threads with immigration/government-related questions not specific to AC can be found on the Canada forum, and experiences and questions on those topics should be posted there)
Print Wikipost

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat

In these Covid-filled days, is anyone actually flying domestically? What are the flights like?
Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC 75K, Bonvoy Plat , HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RCyyz
In these Covid-filled days, is anyone actually flying domestically? What are the flights like?
Very light loads, under 20%.
Gate agents are changing everyone seats for social distancing.

At check-in, they ask you health questions like:
- Do you feel like you have a fever? / Do you have a cough ? / etc.
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by YUL1941; Mar 29, 2020 at 4:59 pm
Old Mar 29, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I flew last Wednesday the 18th. Decided to return home to YHZ from school in Ontario. At that point flight loads out of Pearson were relatively high with people returning home from vacation. Looking at the loads I decided to fly YXU-YOW-YHZ to avoid crowds. The DH83 from YXU-YOW had 3 pax including myself. YOW-YHZ had 11 of us. London was fairly quiet, although WS had a fairly high load on their Q400 to YYZ. The GA at YXU came up to me in the boarding area and asked if she needed to call Zone 2 just for me . Ottawa was pretty much empty, although I don't know the regular crowds there at 8am on a Wednesday morning. We took a short delay leaving the gate in YOW, as the FA requested that hand sanitizer, masks, and gloves be brought to the plane. I heard her say to the ground staff that if anyone starts coughing during the flight they get a mask. AC seemed to be doing a good job with keeping the planes clean, both aircraft looked and smelled like they'd been wiped down. I took these flights about a day before AC announced their reduction in onboard service, so full drink and snack service was offered on these Jazz flights.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
For a slightly different report.....

I saw this video yesterday. I like some of his videos and his very dry sense of humour at times. (BTW, he was on the A220 inaugural sitting in front of @Nitehawk and @Chowtime, based on his video report)

He was flying AC YVR-YYZ in J. The first 7 minutes are about his Vancouver stay. At approx the 7min17sec mark, he is on the AC app trying to see his options for standby.

I would suggest you skip straight to the 12min mark when he enters the MLL. You can see limited food, some of it packaged. He explains that servers will make you your drink.

At 15min20sec, he boards his flight. The rest of the video is of what is no longer available onboard, what the packaged meal and snack is, comments about the cabin, and you can hear the onboard virus-safety announcements. He also expresses his opinion about flying during this time (necessity or otherwise).

Posted: Mar 27, 2020

Old Mar 29, 2020, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
Originally Posted by 24left
For a slightly different report.....

I saw this video yesterday. I like some of his videos and his very dry sense of humour at times. (BTW, he was on the A220 inaugural sitting in front of @Nitehawk and @Chowtime, based on his video report)

He was flying AC YVR-YYZ in J. The first 7 minutes are about his Vancouver stay. At approx the 7min17sec mark, he is on the AC app trying to see his options for standby.

I would suggest you skip straight to the 12min mark when he enters the MLL. You can see limited food, some of it packaged. He explains that servers will make you your drink.

At 15min20sec, he boards his flight. The rest of the video is of what is no longer available onboard, what the packaged meal and snack is, comments about the cabin, and you can hear the onboard virus-safety announcements. He also expresses his opinion about flying during this time (necessity or otherwise).

Posted: Mar 27, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn0bbmxkT9o

Thanks for the video. Watch 00:20 - 00:25....ouch! "I am here with a friend! ouch!
Old Mar 29, 2020, 5:51 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Enjoyed the Vid, thanx for posting.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 8:25 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
I saw that video last night, very eery indeed!

It sounds bad saying this now, but marke190 and I had jokingly said a few weeks ago that if flights got very cheap we would meet up for a segment run. Though that quickly became a distant dream as provinces put in place mandatory 14-day isolation for those coming in from other provinces, and the severity of this virus became more clear.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 8:27 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Same as we had Mar 18. Same sandwich,coleslaw, snacks (my DW and daughter couldn't eat). For those of you old enough to remember Repo Man, I was surprised it didn't have a label in large monochrome letters that just said FOOD.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by codfather
It sounds bad saying this now, but marke190 and I had jokingly said a few weeks ago that if flights got very cheap we would meet up for a segment run. Though that quickly became a distant dream as provinces put in place mandatory 14-day isolation for those coming in from other provinces, and the severity of this virus became more clear.
I must have missed something. Which provinces have mandatory quarantines for interprovincial travel? That could impact me in the near future as I may be making an interprovincial trip in the near future.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 10:19 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by YEG USER
I must have missed something. Which provinces have mandatory quarantines for interprovincial travel? That could impact me in the near future as I may be making an interprovincial trip in the near future.
PEI and Nova Scotia. Said must self-isolate for 14days for any out of province travel. In reality it might be hard to enforce, but it's there.

https://www.novascotia.com/coronavirus

https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en.../travel-notice
Old Mar 29, 2020, 10:50 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by etkuo
PEI and Nova Scotia. Said must self-isolate for 14days for any out of province travel. In reality it might be hard to enforce, but it's there.

https://www.novascotia.com/coronavirus

https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en.../travel-notice
NWT to close all borders. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...id19-1.5505505

There was quite a uproar about the so called reality tv "star" who flouted it and drove through all sorts of out of the way communities on his way to the NWT.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 12:22 am

Heading out Mar 15 through YYZ. 2 segments Mar 15 and the 2 Mar 17 both left and arrived on time!

YYZ Sun Mar 15@ 1:30pm
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Jagboi
Add Manitoba & Newfoundland to the list of provinces with mandatory self-isolation/quarantine for travelers arriving from out of province.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 6:03 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Québec as well (from https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/heal...virus-covid19/)

Anyone returning from a stay outside Québec must self-isolate for 14 days. Such isolation covers both travellers who are sick or display symptoms and those who do not have symptoms and are in perfect health.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I flew March 24 YVR-YUL
load was quite high. Not many with masks. One pax was coughing all along (!!). No medical questions asked to anyone before flight, no temp check, nothing.

MLL with only prepackaged stuff and they were serving drinks.

No service whatsoever in flight, it was red-eye. I had the snacks icon on my BP but didn't get anything.

I was just glad to come back home.

Normally I am flying to Nashville next week. (AC to EWR), that should be a light load ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.