Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread originally contained any and all information relating to flying with AC in the times of COVID. As travel has picked up, much of the discussion has been moved to dedicated threads to make topics easier to follow. Threads that may be of particular interest to those travelling during COVID:

Meal threads:
Schedule changes/refunds - temporary COVID-related policies:
The above threads are in the process of winding down as AC moves away from temporary COVID-related policies. Most questions on schedule changes/refunds should be directed to the thread on AC's new permanent schedule change policies

Other AC-related threads:

Pre-travel e-mails:

Information on immigration rules and procedures, and other government requirements, from the Canada forum:
Airport-related threads containing information that may be relevant to AC passengers, but that are not specific to AC (there are many others in the Canada forum; these are a few that have come up frequently):
(Other threads with immigration/government-related questions not specific to AC can be found on the Canada forum, and experiences and questions on those topics should be posted there)
Print Wikipost

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2020, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Tuesday can't come soon enough...
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:51 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Wow - Mondo Kit Kats!

Maybe @24left has become one of their celebrity chefs.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
Got the following on YYT-YUL a few days ago. Seems different to other breakfast offerings as it came in a bag (not a plastic box) and was labelled for cabin crew. Maybe it's different because it was operated by express?

I was the only one in J and the SD approached me and said he had some instant coffee if I was interested - was a nice gesture as I'm guessing it was only technically available for the crew.

Nitehawk and TechnoTourist like this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 10:22 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I'll try to remember to ask the SD on this flight what's up with this, but this is 3rd flight in a row with a manual safety demo. No problems with the IFE on any of them, as far as I know.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:34 am

Weird. Mine on the 11th was definitely the video.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:40 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Weird. Mine on the 11th was definitely the video.
The SD wasn't very friendly, so I didn't ask her about it. I wondered whether it was because they were including some COVID stuff that's not in the video, but I actually paid attention to the briefing this morning and didn't notice anything different.

Maybe tonight I can get an answer.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 1:14 pm

AC8412 today. YVR-YLW
Full or close to it. DH8-300.
Hopefully only 49 pax. One passenger had a lab sized dog with them.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
AC8412 today. YVR-YLW
Full or close to it. DH8-300.
Hopefully only 49 pax. One passenger had a lab sized dog with them.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 5:20 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Today AC7550 YOW-YYZ

J Was Full and Y was full
Old Jul 26, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I'll try to remember to ask the SD on this flight what's up with this, but this is 3rd flight in a row with a manual safety demo. No problems with the IFE on any of them, as far as I know.
Another data point - manual safety video on YULYVR A333.

I also felt like they were very lax with seat reclining. Saw 2 people reclined during takeoff (We're reclined since boarding.)

I find it interesting that different AC employees wear different types of gear. I saw the blue mask, but also sometimes eyewear and other types of more elaborate masks.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:43 pm

empty plane ftw

Originally Posted by blue2002
Folks, if anybody is flying Trans-Atlantic these days, can you share your experiences? I am looking for impressions regarding loads, ability to distance, other COVID-related safety, especially in the back of the bus.
I'm departing YYZ-FRA on July 28 on the 777-300 and the seat maps are showing a total of 3px in J and 10px in Y, including the 4 or so seats at the back blocked off for the crew. I'm pretty excited to fly on an empty plane. The risk of crowding in the airports themselves should also be pretty low, im assuming they have staff and signage up to distance.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Belmont_
I'm departing YYZ-FRA on July 28 on the 777-300 and the seat maps are showing a total of 3px in J and 10px in Y, including the 4 or so seats at the back blocked off for the crew. I'm pretty excited to fly on an empty plane. The risk of crowding in the airports themselves should also be pretty low, im assuming they have staff and signage up to distance.
There are more than 100 people booked on that flight.

Lots of people book tickets without selecting seats.
zappy312 and Belmont_ like this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
There are more than 100 people booked on that flight.
oh....

well, my first post on flyertalk paid off with some important info. can you share where you find those details?

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 26, 2020 at 5:17 pm
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Belmont_
oh....

well, my first post on flyertalk paid off with some important info. can you share where you find those details?
Not from anywhere public.
tecate55 likes this.

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 26, 2020 at 5:17 pm
Old Jul 27, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
First AC segment this year today (ouch!) Waiting at YYZ for AC7556...not too many people around gate F62.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.