Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread originally contained any and all information relating to flying with AC in the times of COVID. As travel has picked up, much of the discussion has been moved to dedicated threads to make topics easier to follow. Threads that may be of particular interest to those travelling during COVID:

Meal threads:
Schedule changes/refunds - temporary COVID-related policies:
The above threads are in the process of winding down as AC moves away from temporary COVID-related policies. Most questions on schedule changes/refunds should be directed to the thread on AC's new permanent schedule change policies

Other AC-related threads:

Pre-travel e-mails:

Information on immigration rules and procedures, and other government requirements, from the Canada forum:
Airport-related threads containing information that may be relevant to AC passengers, but that are not specific to AC (there are many others in the Canada forum; these are a few that have come up frequently):
(Other threads with immigration/government-related questions not specific to AC can be found on the Canada forum, and experiences and questions on those topics should be posted there)
Print Wikipost

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You probably could have done it yourself by accessing OLCI again, in less time than the "1-2 mins" from the "beforetimes".
I've never been able to use OLCI to standby for an earlier flight after already having checked in and flown a segment of itinerary. Guess I'll try next time.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: AC SE
I'm in favor of closing this thread as almost a symbolic act that flying has now returned to something so close to normalcy that the thread is blessedly obsolete.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: hahaha
I've been trying to collect as many of these as possible throughout the year (while wearing a mask of course). The various service directors I chatted with ranged from amusement to sheer horror that I'd want such a card. The reasoning I usually gave was "oh i like collecting transportation mementos" (which is truthful), so sometimes I got cool rondelle pins, or the A320 safety card, or just whatever they had in their pockets lol. One flight even had one of the final editions of the Navi magazine, which was discontinued, what, four years ago??

These cards have been largely out of stock since my August flights, though

Another digital memento I came across during my travels web scraping is this mask exemption form, not sure if anyone's brought it up here in the past:

https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...ificate_en.pdf

Might be useful for any AC.com archivists here now that it's 99% obsolete
yyznomad and expert7700 like this.

Last edited by asovse1; Oct 13, 2022 at 9:05 am
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Not sure where to post this, but it was really nice to see service on YYZ-CDG and CDG-YUL back to pre-covid normals - nice new amenity kits, pre-departure sparkling wine and hot towels. Feels normal again!

Also, the connection process for CDG-YUL-YYZ is so much improved by not going land-side. I landed at 11:24am (20 min early), and got a call from the concierge asking if I wanted to try to make the 12:00pm flight to YYZ (I was scheduled on the delayed 1pm). I was through Nexus (and 20 boarding pass scans for some reason!) and sitting in my seat on the Noon flight at 11:42am, so 18 minutes from landing to boarded. Buying lottery tickets today
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by AskTravis
Also, the connection process for CDG-YUL-YYZ is so much improved by not going land-side. I landed at 11:24am (20 min early), and got a call from the concierge asking if I wanted to try to make the 12:00pm flight to YYZ (I was scheduled on the delayed 1pm). I was through Nexus (and 20 boarding pass scans for some reason!) and sitting in my seat on the Noon flight at 11:42am, so 18 minutes from landing to boarded. Buying lottery tickets today
Very helpful information for someone doing GVA-YUL-YYZ in a couple of weeks. Presume you didn't have a checked bag? I'll be happy if we just make our connection without having to jump through all the hoops. Thanks for posting.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 11:34 am

Several flights this month on dom (YVR-YYZ) and TB (YYZ-ORD, YVR-SFO) routes. Service is still not back to normal:
* Not a single PDB.
* No warm towels on YVR-SFO (although the ones I have had were well heated and not arid/soggy/cold as others have reported).
* No warm nuts on YYZ-ORD nor YVR-SFO.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by yyzflyer
Very helpful information for someone doing GVA-YUL-YYZ in a couple of weeks. Presume you didn't have a checked bag? I'll be happy if we just make our connection without having to jump through all the hoops. Thanks for posting.
Correct, carry-on only, but I believe (not 100% sure) you don't have to do anything with your luggage if you are connecting domestically.
yyzflyer likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: AP AS BA
Originally Posted by AskTravis
Not sure where to post this, but it was really nice to see service on YYZ-CDG and CDG-YUL back to pre-covid normals - nice new amenity kits, pre-departure sparkling wine and hot towels. Feels normal again!

I also had a similar experience this week. LAX-YVR-YYC. I have Nexus and no luggage. Even though we had to wait 15 min waiting for ground crew at YVR, I was still able to make an earlier YYC flight.
That "ITD OSS" note on the BP is awesome!
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:05 pm

Review: Transcon J red-eye, LAX – YYZ, paid J on a 321

Pros:
-Small cabin
-Cabin crew knew that folks wanted to maximize sleep. They didn’t disturb at all and it’s a positive that the only meal was breakfast which they served until c. 20 min before landing

Cons:
-No pillows/blankets. This doesn’t make any sense to me
-Full MLL. Almost impossible to find a seat in the lounge pre-departure. And the food was poor. There were 16 J seats on the flight, the only AC flight so late in the day. No excuse not to i) guarantee seating for paid J pax and ii) ensure they have something ok to eat so as to maximize sleep

Overall: insufficient value.

I knowingly signed up for the 321 so not an issue of not having the flat widebody seats. More an issue of AC not investing in the product and/or not having the creativity to spend an extra $30 per person to significantly upgrade the experience. AC doesn’t have many transcon red-eyes. But if folks are paying for J, make it worth it with pillows, blankets, and something edible on the ground pre-departure (e.g. if you really want to get creative, offer a voucher for the Cali Pizza Kitchen in T6 or similar and organize delivery to the MLL)
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
I never book a dead eye...er "red-eye" for all the reasons you just posted, thanx for reminding me why!
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Robyyz
No excuse not to guarantee seating for paid J pax
"Sir, if you'll just scan your boarding pass here, we can let you into this separate, roped-off section for people who paid for their J ticket. Pardon me for the delay, we had to throw out a filthy SEMM who dared to sit down whilst only travelling on a $1,500 Latitude fare."
canopus27 and Bohemian1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.