Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This thread originally contained any and all information relating to flying with AC in the times of COVID. As travel has picked up, much of the discussion has been moved to dedicated threads to make topics easier to follow. Threads that may be of particular interest to those travelling during COVID:

Meal threads:
Schedule changes/refunds - temporary COVID-related policies:
The above threads are in the process of winding down as AC moves away from temporary COVID-related policies. Most questions on schedule changes/refunds should be directed to the thread on AC's new permanent schedule change policies

Other AC-related threads:

Pre-travel e-mails:

Information on immigration rules and procedures, and other government requirements, from the Canada forum:
Airport-related threads containing information that may be relevant to AC passengers, but that are not specific to AC (there are many others in the Canada forum; these are a few that have come up frequently):
(Other threads with immigration/government-related questions not specific to AC can be found on the Canada forum, and experiences and questions on those topics should be posted there)
Print Wikipost

Is anyone actually flying AC domestic or international in these Covid-filled days?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mathemagic
The days of going that route to avoid being slowed down and harassed about your perfectly "legal" carry on bag(s) are...over? Great way to build and maintain customer "loyalty" , AC!
They did not check the bags. Just attached the red sticker which I guess means its ok for carry on bag.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Is EF wrong or are the flights really all full.
YVR-YYZ for 15 Sept. One flight has J3, everything else is either J1 or J0 and PE is the same. R is obviously 0 for the entire day.
My upg did not clear as a SE on the way to YYZ and does not look it will clear on the return either.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 4:34 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by vernonc
Is EF wrong or are the flights really all full.
YVR-YYZ for 15 Sept. One flight has J3, everything else is either J1 or J0 and PE is the same. R is obviously 0 for the entire day.
My upg did not clear as a SE on the way to YYZ and does not look it will clear on the return either.
Loads are high. Flights are quite full.
vernonc and TTC900Rocket like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
Anyone else sick of cabin crew darkening the windows on day flights? I always book the window so I can see the views., Going into Calgary recently there was a gorgeous sunset over the rockies that I could only see from the small window in the door at the back of the plane and yesterday flying into Vancouver I wanted to see the mountains and the window was locked in the darkest position. Both these flights left YYZ early afternoon, not a time I am normally sitting in the dark
I assume the crew is feeling lazy and hope everyone will just go to sleep and leave them alone
Bogwoppit and commaspace like this.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by antistan
Super nervous for my wife on this one.

We have J tickets YXU-YYZ-FRA-NAP

Should we check bags or carry on...
I hate carrying on bags, but am unsure on how bad it really is out there right now.
What would you do?
I’m through FRA every 3 weeks and it’s a toss up. I’ve been through there with a 5 hour layover and had my bags not make it, and I’ve been through there with an hour connection and they have made it.

I tossed an air tag in my bag and can usually see if it’s made it to the gate before the door closes.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: TK *G
Have the rules changed recently? Just landed during night time and cabin lights were not dimmed. Crew also did not check window shades.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 10:36 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by songsc
Have the rules changed recently? Just landed during night time and cabin lights were not dimmed. Crew also did not check window shades.
Yeah, I haven't had any of the usual window shade announcements or requests from FAs for quite some time on AC.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 11:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Now that the "true" COVID changes are ending, is this going to become a thread of "when will service go back to 2019 levels"?
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
My feeling recently has been crew rush through 1 or 2 catering services and don't care to be visible for the remainder of the flight. This indeed includes pre-landing checks.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Yeah, I haven't had any of the usual window shade announcements or requests from FAs for quite some time on AC.
Window shade announcements are not a TC requirement. We are required to visually check that door exits, and emergency exit shades are fully open during final cabin checks.
It was also required to ensure that shades at Row 1 were fully open on the CRJ when we operated that aircraft.
Bohemian1 and Adam Smith like this.

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; Oct 1, 2022 at 8:32 am
Old Oct 1, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: TK *G
The window shade announcement was made, but crew didn’t check.

Not dimming cabin light (we landed after 9pm at YYZ) was the first time I have ever experienced on any airlines on any flights.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
The window shade announcement was made, but crew didn’t check.

Not dimming cabin light (we landed after 9pm at YYZ) was the first time I have ever experienced on any airlines on any flights.
That would have been a <bonus> announcement. I realize some airlines highlight window shades. It is not SOP and is not mandated.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Now that the "true" COVID changes are ending, is this going to become a thread f "when will service go back to 2019 levels"?
Was chatting it up with a pilot at Starbucks last week. He told me that full J service (towels, etc) returns Nov 1st
PaulYK likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:15 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Was chatting it up with a pilot at Starbucks last week. He told me that full J service (towels, etc) returns Nov 1st
Ah, but he drinks at the airport. Just sayin'.
expert7700 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by lcohen999
Does the "etc" include warm nuts? Full J is not complete for me without the warm nuts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.