znke252
King Chung Huang
kraftdinner_
gcashin
recreationaltimetraveller
Nitehawk

Tentative Schedule of Events

Friday, July 31
1900 NDT to 2300 NDT - Drinks/appetizers at a local pub or brewery (for those of you who can't make it for Friday evening, the main Do is Saturday! This is just a primer, as we say here on the rock!)
2300 NDT to 0300 NDT - George Street Festival (for those interested in a later night)

Saturday, August 1
POTENTIAL activities for the day:
- Whale watching with O'Brien's Boat Tours
- Bus tour with stops at all the local breweries
- Hike on North Head Trail on Signal Hill
- Etc.

1900 NDT to 2300 NDT - Dinner/drinks at a local restaurant (The Fish Exchange would be a good option)
2300 NDT to 0300 NDT - George Street Festival (again, for those interested in a later night)

Air Canada Promo Code for travel to YYT from any destination served by AC:
Your promotion code: FXDVBHJ1

The travel period begins Friday, July 24, 2020 and ends Saturday, August 08, 2020.

As the official airline of this AC DO, by using the above-noted promo code the following discounts should apply: 5% discounts will apply to standard fares, 10% flex fares & up for North America travel. 10% discounts apply on standard fares & up for International travel. 12% discounts apply to Business class fares (exception 5% on Business Class lowest for North America)

Popular Frequent Flyer Hotels
Delta by Marriott St. John's - closest major hotel to George street, partially renovated in the past year, many rooms have harbour views, club lounge
Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland - close to Signal Hill, but a bit further from George Street; panoramic views (best for views) and has a club lounge, but the hotel is very dated and long overdue for a renovation, and elevators are slow/unreliable
Courtyard by Marriott Downtown - good location near the Sheraton, good views, but typical Courtyard spec/amenities
Alt Hotel - new hotel, central downtown location, affiliated with Le Germain Group
Hilton Garden Inn - newer hotel, located near the Delta
Several local boutique options including the Jag, Blue, or Murray Premises for those wanting something with more local character

Print Wikipost

YYT DO - July 31 to August 1

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2020, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
With the list down to just 3 of us, I too am removing myself. Even if by some chance it opens up by Friday, it's a long way to go to see people who I've either seen in the past two days, or are a short-haul hop from my current locatioon.
painintheuk and Nitehawk like this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE
Yeah, given that there's no movement on opening up the border for leisure visitors, I'm not expecting to be able to travel to NL in the next week and am going to cancel my flight reservation as well.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I am intending to cancel my reservations also. I will be converting my AE redemption to go to the YHZ do instead.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:04 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Zero confirmed, looks like this Do is Done
Nitehawk, canadiancow and YYC3722 like this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 11:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Just cancelled 3 Aeroplan J cabin seats on AC8008 7/31 and AC693 8/2

In case there is an influx of more people wanting to book this DO
krazykanuck, D582, YYC3722 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.